G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

Team Driving - Nights Of Thunder

Harness & Greyhounds
GilgameshGilgamesh    4,749 posts
edited November -1 Harness & Greyhounds
It's fair to say you could have expected a fair bit of pressure in this race however I find the way it was run to be pretty unreasonable. Stewards have got to have a look at it don't they?

At best Robinson has got to be done for not giving his drive (Nimrod) every chance to finish in the best possible position and a cynical view (mine!) would say he clearly pumped the pressure into the leader to set the race up for the stable mates who ended up running 1,2 while Nimrod finished 5m behind the second last horse.

You don't need to go as far as saying the Bonds requested it, just give him a big whack of time, i'm talking multiple months so that next time the stable has so many runners in one race punters won't be questioning the fairness of it and if one of the drivers will sacrifice his drive because they know there will be consequences.

Comments

• MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    Just hope when things go against G.Bond in a race and he is on the recieving end of such tactics that he cops it on the chin .
  • Stewards enquiry into the driving tactics according to todays paper
  • SprintlaneSprintlane    12 posts
    Spot on Gilgamesh, always hard to pin it on the stable and feel a bit sorry for Robinson following instructions but this has to be stamped out if the trots are to have credibility as a sport with integrity. A lengthy suspension sends that message and will make others think twice about doing the same.