G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 25 Non Members
TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
The Australia Day Cup is very interesting. six of the eight starters are on pacers....very unusual for a distance race (albeit only 1800m).

D Staeck back on to Stalingrad. Not a cent for it last start in a stronger race than it won. Wonder if they will back it with any confidence in this field?

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    with 5 of the 8 runners under the official nominated minimum nearly any of them could win!!!! Would have been a tad less interesting if they had excluded those not up to the very high standards expected of this race!!!

Glad they didn't. The way Goose is going it will be hard to see him getting beaten...Even when challenged last week he still pulled out and run past them all...
  • plugerpluger    774 posts
    race 6 is a scorcher with 44 degrees forcast and night war 54kg. wild charger will get a good sit, should quinella
    stompin e/w, and secret ruler in the get out stakes
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    said:

with 5 of the 8 runners under the official nominated minimum nearly any of them could win!!!! Would have been a tad less interesting if they had excluded those not up to the very high standards expected of this race!!!

Glad they didn't. The way Goose is going it will be hard to see him getting beaten...Even when challenged last week he still pulled out and run past them all...

Im going to theorise like i did last week. Damn hot day last week, gut busting run over 2100m, backing up into 42 degree heat. I just dont reckon horses can recover that quick. I'll be taking Goose on!
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    The meeting has NOT TO BE TOUCHED stamped all over it bloody horrible the product that they are dishing up of late is shocking
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    Have another Corona, dungy... :wink:
    I agree it is a SHOCKER....a disgrace. Should be cast to the scrap heap.
    What IS wrong??
    Look at Caufield tomorrow...3x 100k races and 5x 70kers. Large fields, good betting mediums.
    WHY have we have crap??
    I might join u in a Corona mate..followed by a neat JB chaser...thats how I feel... :x
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Well Punta got my ashtray stash on Dempsey last week....If i'm one of the 42 that brave it on Saturday i might hunt them down for a fair price...which they did give me last week....with the stubby holder stash on Goose!!!

But you may struggle to see me out there.....and it wont be cos i get lost in the crowd.. :lol:

The only good bet for the day is that Dungy will have a lot of people agreeing with him
    said:

Have another Corona, dungy... :wink:
    I agree it is a SHOCKER....a disgrace. Should be cast to the scrap heap.
    What IS wrong??
    Look at Caufield tomorrow...3x 100k races and 5x 70kers. Large fields, good betting mediums.
    WHY have we have crap??
    I might join u in a Corona mate..followed by a neat JB chaser...thats how I feel... :x

Mate quiet night on the ales tonight have a big day on 2morrow punting bbq and beers all day [dont no what the wife and kids will get upto :lol: :lol: :lol:
    gimme your addy and i might pop over for a dip and a frothie... :lol:
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    next day at Pinjarra 140 horses nominated for a 10 race program...If you have the right race for the venue and support those grades for owners and trainers...You get the right nominations.

not saying the card at Pinjarra should be at Ascot, but it is appropriate scheduling throughout their season that gets this sort of response from the industry... And i will bet my last dollar that not only will they have more horses than at Ascot, but they will probably have more patrons there as well.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,687 posts
    said:

next day at Pinjarra 140 horses nominated for a 10 race program...If you have the right race for the venue and support those grades for owners and trainers...You get the right nominations.

not saying the card at Pinjarra should be at Ascot, but it is appropriate scheduling throughout their season that gets this sort of response from the industry... And i will bet my last dollar that not only will they have more horses than at Ascot, but they will probably have more patrons there as well.

Yes but it is a very nice place to go for a race meeting. Lovely track and atomosphere, food is much better for the public. No suits strutting around like show ponies either. Only thing is the flies
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    great track, just wish i could walk to it like i can to Ascot!!!!Always have a good day down there..even when the flies are being really friendly, like i'm sure they will be on Sunday
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Amazing that we're racing in 40+ degrees and yet Doomben has been abandoned tomorrow due to rain and state of the track! :shock:

Also anyone know why Pingrup isn't having a meeting this year - thought they had one each Australia Day.
    said:

gimme your addy and i might pop over for a dip and a frothie... :lol:

Always welcome old boy :lol: :lol: :lol:
    said:

Amazing that we're racing in 40+ degrees and yet Doomben has been abandoned tomorrow due to rain and state of the track! :shock:

Also anyone know why Pingrup isn't having a meeting this year - thought they had one each Australia Day.

its normally kojonup, but i remember hearing a grumble last year that it wasnt going to allowed any more due to safety or something like that?
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    said:

its normally kojonup, but i remember hearing a grumble last year that it wasnt going to allowed any more due to safety or something like that?

Oh yes, Kojonup it is - that's a shame, if it has been canned!
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Is it just me or does someone else think that Dr Indy is massive overs at 20/1?
    Also made a donation on Radiant Prince at 80/1 :shock:
    said:

overs based on what ? looks under to me. I think Full Clip is going better and Pop Culture may handle the rise in class well from his maiden win
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    said:

Cant talk for everyone....but yep, i think it is just you :lol:

Hope you get lucky cos anything could get up in a few of the races. :?
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Hmm well I rate Dr Indy in the top half dozen 3yo's but none of the others.
    Better put more on ;)
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    said:

said:

overs based on what ? looks under to me. I think Full Clip is going better and Pop Culture may handle the rise in class well from his maiden win
    Must be a good form judge if you don't bet . . . . hold on . . . a Rock of Gibraltar and a Blackfriars, ah makes perfect sense
    said:

said:

said:

Must be a good form judge if you don't bet . . . . hold on . . . a Rock of Gibraltar and a Blackfriars, ah makes perfect sense
    I don't bet in real terms, I have the occasional misguided wager on a friends horse but that has proven 100% useless of late. I didn't look at all at the breeding, I jut looked at the CRIS site to see if my memory was fading as I thought Dr Indy wasn't doing much of late other than run last, and the other two were in form or showing form.

It is only because I made the comment that you take issue with it. Your bias towards my comments on this site are tiresome.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    said:

Better put more on ;)

As stated before...good luck...Haven't looked at the race replays but he seems to have performed better at Belmont and from memory he is a free striding horse...maybe Ascot will be a bit tight for him..

But apart from a few in a bit of form there isn't a lot of overly talented horses in the race.

Apart from Punta forcing me to take really tight odds on Goose... :lol: ..I'll be staying wide most of the day......that wide i will probably not make it to the betting window very often at all... :)

RIObresa for me....as good an omen as any!!!!
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    said:

Better put more on ;)

I know the Indy boys very well and i love this horse to bits - he is a real trooper!! The horse going good but 2moro may be a touch short. $20/1 very fair price i think but we all know what happened last time Harvey rode for Edwards...... Horse heading towards the derby. Good luck 2moro to the Indy Mafia! :lol:
    HOOPS ASCOT PREVIEW

RACE 1 ?LET?S GO HEAT! HANDICAP 1600m
    No. 4 QUADROPLEX. An intriguing start to the day - as you can make a case for all of the seven runners. I?m going for (4) QUADROPLEX on the strength of his last start win in midweek company. He settled about midfield, tracked up beautifully approaching the straight and put pay to his rivals with ease. It was a dominant win and a win that suggests he is looking for the mile. (3) LOCATED makes his city debut after some terrific wins at Bunbury. He?ll settle back in running and with the expected strong top end speed, he should be rattling late. (2) BLACK UMA is very consistent and has claims again, as does (1) AKHEDASSET.
    Numbers ? 4, 3, 2, 1

RACE 2 ? WESTSPEED 2YO PLATE 1000m
    No. 3 MIAMI HORROR. There is a bit of form to work with in this two-year-old sprint. I think that (3) MIAMI HORROR is the one to beat. His debut, behind a couple of smart ones in Miss Solis and Fuddle Dee Duddle, was solid; and his first up effort this preparation when he slipped on jumping, settled close to the rear and finished off strongly was good. If he can jump better and settle closer then I think he is the one to beat. (4) ANGRY SQUATTER started the raging red hot favourite on debut, off the back of a cracking barrier trial win, but he was always under pressure and finished out of the placings. If he can find the front and control the terms of the race it could be a different story. (10) KEEPER QUIET really impressed in her trial win, there appeared to be plenty left in the tank. (5) STRIKE TWO could be the value runner, he was finishing solidly on debut and if he can settle closer in running he could be hard to hold out.
    Numbers ? 3, 4, 10, 5

RACE 3 ? AUSTRALIA DAY CUP 1800m
    No.5 GOOSE. Despite the small field, this appears to be a pretty tricky race as it is difficult to line-up the form of some of these runners. I?ll go for (5) GOOSE who is in outstanding form and does get a nice weight advantage on some of his rivals. From barrier 1, he can either lead or box seat and we know that he can stay all day. (1) ROCKY RANGE was beautifully rated in front last start and looms as a major chance again despite the 59.5kg impost. He has terrific stats at the track and distance. (2) SMART TWISTER will appreciate the big drop in weight; he has been knocking on the door throughout this preparation.
    Numbers ? 5, 1, 2, 3

RACE 4 ? HELEN TESTA BIRTHDAY HANDICAP 1600m
    No. 7 PRIVATE O?DEA. This looks like an ideal assignment for (7) PRIVATE O?DEA. He was beaten, but by small margins, at his last couple of starts after sitting over the speed and giving a good kick. He should find the front, roll along at an even tempo and be very hard to catch. (8) STOMPIN has been flying at the provincials; he really motored late in his win at Pinjarra. He should get a nice run and be finding the line strongly. (1) LAST CURTAIN is always a chance in this type of event and from barrier 1 he should box seat. (1) KESHAAR has had two runs back and should be reaching peak fitness. He does have the 59kg but at his best, he?ll give this race a shake.
    Numbers ? 7, 8, 2, 1

RACE 5 ? 2011 FRANK TREEN MEDALLION HANDICAP 1400m
    No. 4 BELORA. It?s hard to tip against (4) BELORA in this event on the strength of his big first up win. He parked wide throughout but still had the tenacity to dig in late and get up right on the line. The step up to 1400m should suit and William Pike goes on. He should be hard to beat. (6) VAIN STRIKE has been knocking on the door all preparation. He was ridden a bit closer at his last start and just lacked that big closing finish. If he?s ridden quieter, I think he will be hard to hold out. (8) MANAHARA should be ready now. His effort last week, when he led and gave a big kick, was good. He should find the front again and with 54kg on his back, he will give some cheek. Paul Harvey goes onto (5) MISS CONDITION and if she can find her form from two starts back, she?ll be in the mix.
    Numbers ? 4, 6, 8, 5

RACE 6 ? SIR DAVID LEES HANDICAP 1200m
    No. 9 NIGHT WAR. This is the highlight of the day for me; it is a field that contains plenty of depth for a restricted grade sprint! It?s hard to go past the classy three-year-old filly, (9) NIGHT WAR. Her record speaks for itself and she should be nice and fresh off the back of a seven week let up. With only 54kg on her back, she looks the testing material. (1) WILD CHARGER resumes from a spell and he is a galloper laden with ability. His last campaign yielded a couple of dominant wins and a second to the classy, Ranger. From barrier 1, he should get a sweet run and will only need some daylight in the straight to be finishing strongly. (2) CAVALLO PAZZO drops a couple of kilos from his last start where he was a dominant winner. He?s versatile and can go forward or back. (4) TRUSTEE BROWN was flying last preparation under the tutelage of S.J. Miller, he?s not without a blowout chance either. A cracking race!
    Numbers 9, 5, 2, 4

RACE 7 ? PERTHRACING.COM.AU HANDICAP 1200m
    No. 11 JUST WICKED. This is a terrific three-year-old sprint with a host of chances. I was really impressed with the debut win of (11) JUST WICKED. Her trial going into the race was super, so it was no surprise to see her zoom over her rivals in the straight, under hands and heels riding. She?ll get back again but I expect she will be suited by the step up to 1200m and should be finishing very strongly late. (1) FULL CLIP resumes from a spell and has a good fresh card, including a win on debut and a strong third behind Modello and Rebel Call, off the back of a ten week break last preparation. His recent barrier trial was good and I think he can settle close to the speed and be right in the mix. (3) RIOBRESA has been a costly horse to punters of late. She?s had little luck at her last four starts, being narrowly beaten on all occasions. The risk with her is that she has been up for a long time. (12) POP CULTURE went back to the provincials and produced a top class win where she sat off the speed and zoomed home over her rivals. This is a step up in grade but she is definitely well in the mix.
    Numbers 11, 1, 3, 12

RACE 8 ? GO SCORCHERS! HANDICAP 1400m
    No. 11 SECRET RULER. I?m going for a bit of value in the last and selecting (11) SECRET RULER. He has been a very costly horse to punters over his career, starting favourite on numerous occasions and getting rolled. However, in this event, at double figures prices, he is worth a gamble. On paper the race appears to lack speed but I think Shooter McGruddy will bustle him out, find the front, control the tempo and hopefully be hard to catch. (2) HEAD FOR HEIGHTS was a nice winner at his most recent outing where he came clear late for a fairly emphatic win. From his good draw, he should be able to position up just off the speed and finish solidly. (4) EPIRB comes to town for the first time but he has proven himself to be a cut above provincial class races. He has winning claims again. (10) MOSSROY?s two efforts this preparation have been very good; he?ll get back but should be storming home late.
    Numbers ? 11, 2, 4, 10
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Race 7 & 8. All ups. Just Wicked into Head for heights and pop culture into head for heights.
    banking on young craig, eh?
    you'll finish up like your nic.... :lol: :lol:
    any info on the sire of dr.indy...zariz?
    yes, little known sire!
    haha. seriously, Dr Indy was a very very cheap purchase from GC Magic Millions. I think it was $11k so doesnt really matter what it does now, they are miles in front spending that sort of money.
  • [DeletedUser][DeletedUser]    0 posts
    Yes Zariz was trained by G Ryan if i recall saw him a few times in brisbane very good horse nice style of horse and had a very good turn of foot.Could run u sub 34s for last 600m hope that helps.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,273 posts
    Did I hear brett lenton quote $17 about Hibernian this morning. I'll have to go say hello later