G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 0 Non Members

Comments

• thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    would not have paid 79 bucks with another 10 units on it..
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    No problems at Ascot on Saturday.

The heat issue was a storm in a tea cup!

From the stewards: Given today?s hot conditions three Veterinary Surgeons were present on course and reported to the Stewards that all horses recovered as expected with no issues of heat stress being encountered.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    As expected.......you wait til the day and then react to the weather conditions as required....
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,687 posts
    If that estimate of 1,000 people on course is even close, then this is really a concern. On radio at least twice, they referred to a surprisingly good crowd building up, so both can't be right.

Perth Racing need to address this issue. Saturday Racing in Bunbury or Pinjarra I'm sure would pull in big crowds this time of the year, certainly more than 1,000. Why Perth Racing have the mortgage on Saturdays at this time of the year is beyond me. They are only just one club, they don't run the show like the old days of the WATC.

Just wondering, what would be the nett effect of midweek racing in town, and Bunbury on Saturdays alternating with Pinjarra for the months of January ? Mount Barker, Albany & Narrogin could have the Sunday meetings. The inside pad at Ascot, up to 9M could be given a month off after the Perth Cup, with just midweek racing from the 9M rail position until the second week in February, then back to the rejuvenated lush pad for the feature races of late Feb and into March and April ???
    have you no heart, damien. what would those dear old fossil who inhabit the members floor do?
    it is a good idea in theory but those folk, bartenders etc who rely on saturdays to supplement their incomes would not be too chuffed.
    neither would the liquidator, penguin or jd.
    said:

have you no heart, damien. what would those dear old fossil who inhabit the members floor do?
    it is a good idea in theory but those folk, bartenders etc who rely on saturdays to supplement their incomes would not be too chuffed.
    neither would the liquidator, penguin or jd.

Many jurisdictions around the world do not have week in week out racing, mostly due to climate but also other formats have their time in the sun to shine.

I don't care about the elderly members on the top floor, they are all 50 cent punters anyway that take up space like gargoyles guarding the castle.

The staff I would feel remorse for if this came to pass, but then again there would be less to feel guilt over as less now work for the club than say five years ago.
    look at the motza in wages it would save..enough to buy some decent TVs.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Geez you guys are absolute bi..ches aren't you....

And i have only just realised your right...50 cent punters and Gargoyles.. :lol:
    They are also the reason why change will never come to Perth Racing.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    As with many that have gone before me......i wont let it stop me trying to change them.....Death may creep up on my in the meantime, but old age will never allow me to accept the way the place is run... so well for so few.....so poorly for so many :roll:
  • ThePrinceThePrince    25 posts
    said:

look at the motza in wages it would save..enough to buy some decent TVs.

Classic. On "Super Saturday" I recall seeing the Gen Y crowd (a specific target audience of PR) looking at the TVs in the outside bars with perplexed looks on their faces. I don't think they had ever seen ones like that before with "those big bulky backs on them...??".
    I reckon if PR allocated 5 minutes of bar takings from the $10+ cans of bourbon on Super Saturday, they could have the place decked out in decent TVs and sound instead of having the ones that they have obviously picked up from the last Ascot verge collection.
    spot on, rio, things will never change with the "old brigade" still kicking.
    having said that, did you see the percentage of members who voted? i stand corrected but i think only about 30% voted.
    with apathy like that we deserve what we have got. :x
    said:

spot on, rio, things will never change with the "old brigade" still kicking.
    having said that, did you see the percentage of members who voted? i stand corrected but i think only about 30% voted.
    with apathy like that we deserve what we have got. :x

That is not that unusual, it may be actually better than in some previous years past.
    you are spot on also, price. the visual service provided is appalling.
    don't get me started on the price of drink and pigs swill they call food.
    the $10 cans are the norm..not only for SS. $9.50 for a corona at the vomitorium bar.
    I had a glass (plastic) of mid-strength..not a middy..$3.90!! :x
    what takes the cake is yellowglen....advertised at LL last week at 3 for $20....PR price $32!!!!! that, my friends is highway robbery.....verging on theft.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    So what happens to the other 70%??? are they allocated to all the sitting members???? Cos i still haven't found a member who can say that they are happy with the committee, the direction or even quietly say that they voted for anyone who is on the board..and especially the Chairman????

It does amaze me..i am a bit loud and a bit opinionated(you have to be to be on this site :) ) but i dont let my opinions slip to just anyone... having said that and having talked to many at the club over the past 18 months i cant find one that has voted for them???

maybe i just move in different circles???...the poorly for so many circles :)
    not for one moment am i implying anything.
    who counts the votes? i imagine it would be the auditors and they have to pick them up from rhq.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Nor was i.

But it just throws me out to hear that ratio..Like you say there is a reasonable amount of apathy..and when i get 20+ years on i'll probably be the same!!!!!

maybe the problem IS the members and not the committee????