G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 5 Non Members

Trainers under $60?

West Australian Racing
SimpleSimple    65 posts
I realise this should probably go in the classified but figured the members will have a wider range of trainers than the trainer listing directory or the trainers viewing themselves.

Chasing a trainer under $60 a day for an owner who would like their horse to have a crack on some grass tracks.

Lightly raced 6yr old 11:1-1-2 only raced on synthetic and dirt tracks. Country rating 60. Been spellng since october and owners want him to have a crack down there somewhere they know his not a city class horse.

PM suggestions please.

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I have a few horses with Gary Crispin and he is doing fine at the moment. Check out his stats for yourself on CRIS. Good property on the southern edge of town - half way to Pinjarra - and only runs a small team

Not sure of his exact rates(well i am but i'm not about to write them on here) but just be sure to check what the rate includes..vet bills or not, floating or not, track work or not...as so many trainers structure their rates differently.....

Good luck i hope you find a good spot for your horse.
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    I'll second that vote for Gary Crispin. I think he charges $55 a day but don't quote me on that.

From my experience with him, I have found him to be an extremely good horseman and a top bloke to boot.
  • SimpleSimple    65 posts
    thank you will look into it tomorrow on behalf of the owners.

Others are also welcomed to comment and suggest I generally give my owners multipule options with them making the final the choice of who to send where, just hard being so far away lol
  • simsimsalabimsimsimsalabim    21 posts
    Harvey racing is about 55$ a day and you def get more than you pay for.... Just look at there great stats and there new website harveyracing.com.au
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,786 posts
    How about any jockeys under $60 a win? :D
  • tonytony    2,379 posts
    said:

Where is the next picnic meeting Slip?
    thanks for that and the Private Msgs.

Cheers
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    said:

said:

Where is the next picnic meeting Slip?
    Kpjonup Saturday February 18TH
  • helmethelmet    50 posts
    I know of a young trainer just starting out with a great background. Pretty sure he's $60 a day. Former travelling foreman for Gerald Ryan..
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    in perth? whats his name?
    thx
    thank you. have started the calls. always handy to have a list of trainers
  • TheDarkHorseTheDarkHorse    129 posts
    Michael Brennan
  • played for the eagles
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    great full back, but can he train? :wink:
  • BondyjnrBondyjnr    1,899 posts
    said:

great full back, but can he train? :wink:

Hes an eagle. can do anything :P
  • BondyjnrBondyjnr    1,899 posts
    Nev Parker is a good young trainer and only charges around 50-55$ a day. Has a small team. is very switched on and keeps u informed ALOT
  • helmethelmet    50 posts
    I was talking about Brent Albuino, don't quote me on the $60 a day though.. It's just what I heard.
    thanks spoke to Nev he was very helpful and friendly to chat to. Owners have since opted to retire this particular gelding. Thanks for all your help :)
  • TheDarkHorseTheDarkHorse    129 posts
    Olympic Gold Medalist Hockey Player!

Great Trainer, Great Bloke what else do you want?!?!

In Michael Brennan we trust :)