G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 14 Non Members

Which horse has more value

West Australian Racing
RIORIO    14,882 posts
A question for Horse owners ...Oh and those on here with an opinion.

If you had 2 Mares, both 5 yrs old, both 1000m experts, both had had 25 starts. One had won 6 races, $100k in price money but had never run under 58 seconds. The other had won 2 races, $25k in prize money and had run under 58 seconds 4 times.

So which horse is most valuable???

Comments

• VorgtrafficVorgtraffic    1,755 posts
    The first?

A mare who has won 2/25 probably isn't that great.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,999 posts
    have them both covered by the same stallion & then wait and see.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    said:

Very sensible.......but a very soft "opinion" Falcon :lol: :lol:
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    The one that has won in town
  • RodentRodent    7,059 posts
    Surely their breeding would be a huge factor.
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    You don't see race times in an auction catalogue, but you do see wins, starts and prizemoney - so only those that look in depth would notice the times.
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Wouldn't see the lesser one's prizemoney in the sales catalogue, as they only incl > $50,000

To be totally brutal though......unless any of those starts earned either some black type (placed even) both are currently (this market) worth exactly the same - $Nil !
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    said:

agree with the above.
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    I could run under 58 down the straight at Pinjarra with Dencorub on my arse and a stiff tailwind.

BTW, I'd take the 6 time winner.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    said:

I could run under 58 down the straight at Pinjarra with Dencorub on my arse and a stiff tailwind.

BTW, I'd take the 6 time winner.

haha Radman, didn't realise zimmer frames could go that fast, even when fueled by dencorub!!! :lol: :lol:
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,687 posts
    said:

A question for Horse owners ...Oh and those on here with an opinion.

If you had 2 Mares, both 5 yrs old, both 1000m experts, both had had 25 starts. One had won 6 races, $100k in price money but had never run under 58 seconds. The other had won 2 races, $25k in prize money and had run under 58 seconds 4 times.

So which horse is most valuable???

can you let us know the breeding of each mare, who are they by and out of which dam please

the first mare with $100k in prizemoney I would send to a stallion that has a good track record in getting his stock into Premier Sales

the second mare sounds like a quality mare that could run, but with her you need to breed to race, not destined for the sales ring on opening night

of course if you consign them to a vendor that gets a lot of stock into the premier sales then you also have a chance, small vendors have no chance of first night selection
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Damien and All..it was purely a hypothetical question to gauge what others thought was more important...Winning or running competitive times.

I agree that so much would depend on the blood lines of the mares. I personally would look where the wins were first and then the opposition and times...And 90% of the time I'd go with the 6 winner type horse.

I do have a horse that is along the lines of the second one and at this stage, somewhere down the track we will probably breed to race from her.