G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

1 Members & 30 Non Members

Belmont Development gets the go ahead

West Australian Racing

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    they'll work around it as best as possible.. By having two sets of all tote, and bar facilities (one for each track) will enable PR to keep both tracks going as required. Who knows we may end up with a Dommben/ Eagle farm type arrangement...that is only me saying that. I haven't heard that said anywhere. But i have heard about keeping the flexibility to change tracks spoken about..

bookielover likes this post.

• CarlosaCarlosa    1,287 posts

I can not wait for this redevlopment to be finished, or even just the intial stages.  Going to be a fantastic area for all the things I consider fun.

I'll become a member for the first time on the back of this!

RIO likes this post.

• LarkhillLarrikinLarkhillLarrikin    67 posts
    Where are the Negative crew ?
  • RadmanRadman    1,992 posts

The current committee are hopeless. There you go LL. :(|)

Having said that, I may look at buying a unit with a good view of the track.

• lamelame    1,757 posts
    pinjarra was upgrade to be able to pick up the slack for these sort of occasions was it not ?
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    lame said:

pinjarra was upgrade to be able to pick up the slack for these sort of occasions was it not ?

I believe so. Northam was also used a bit during the Ascot track "upgrade"
  • TheodorTheodor    199 posts
    No plans to use Pinjarra or Northam.
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    The crowds are small enough lately that you could corral them into certain areas during the development, create some atmosphere and continue to race. Example, at midweek meetings, you could pretty much close most of the racecourse and just use the members. 
    The weather is good enough in Perth that you could use the grass in front of the grandstand on the bigger days, a bit like they did on Roma Cup day. 
    A bit of planning and it can work.

RIO likes this post.

• PandoraPandora    225 posts
    Theodor said:

think there are plans now!!!!
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Good find @Pandora . cos both those tracks wre always re-developed to help the city tracks. That was confirmed by Burt this morning..so you start to think that the person who made this comment was perhaps highlighting that PR may not be too happy about farming any meetings out to other clubs....maybe RWWA need to be a bit more assertive on this aspect, and losing 3 meetings in 7 weeks will give them a lot of anecdotal evidence to back a tougher stance.

Carlosa likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,681 posts
    Cash grab you think ? 
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    umm...only if the redevelopment was succesful ;)
  • PandoraPandora    225 posts
    edited January 2014
    Theodor said: