In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 29 Non Members

Early Bird Discount Slashes Service Fees At Touchstone In 2013

Breeding
ChesterChester    76 posts
edited April 2013 Breeding
Early Bird Discount Slashes Service Fees At Touchstone In 2013

Touchstone Farm is pleased to announce that all Stallion fees for 2013 will remain at $4400.00 inc GST but as an added incentive to breeders any booking made before July 1 2013 will attract an early bird discount of 50% enabling breeders to access all Touchstone Stallions for only $2200.00 inc GST.
To further assist the local industry any breeder that sent a mare to Touchstone Farm in 2012 and has a filly born will receive a serve from the same stallion to the same mare free of charge in 2013.
As in previous years city winning and black type mares will also be offered special incentives with a limited number of foal shares available to all stallions.
"Hard on the heels of Flying Pegasus book ending the meeting at Ascot on Saturday with Baleen In Me and The Rising now undefeated after 5 starts we thought it a good time to announce our breeding offers for 2013" said Alayna Bishop who will be co-ordinating the early bird discount.
"Our stallion owners have been very supportive over many years and they see this as a great opportunity to support local breeders in what is a difficult period for the local industry.On the back of a tough sale in February we hope this encourages breeders to consider Touchstone Farm this season"
Touchstone Farm will stand Flying Pegasus (Fusaichi Pegasus),Vital Equine (Danetime) and Planet Five (Storm Cat) in 2013.

Please contact Alayna Bishop for details
Ph:0409 058 650
Email:[email protected]
www.touchstonefarm.com.au
+1 -1

lame likes this post.

Comments

• lamelame    1,757 posts
    nice deals chester , my only concern for you is p5 it's now up to his offspring to do the talking and may hurt his sales prospects in the short term? , and in a few years if he produce's the goods , breeders react negatively to large increase's in stud fee's if this was to happen!. but at the same time if you don't get the numbers you don't have the runners so stuffed if you do , stuffed if you don't
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    I know it's saving me a few dollars but those who were involved inn my discussion earlier this year about what stallion to go to thanks for all the input.

Our mare was going there - Flying Peg - anyway, and the bit of discount certainly will help with my costs. I wonder whether this will be trend setting in the context of trying to get the service number up for WA stallions. It is so easy to either send a mare across east or buy weanlings and yearlings from NZ, that the only other option is to make it that cheap that you force people to get their mares into the local stallions.

I hear what your saying lame, and i reckon your right. If P5 comes out firing - and don't the first crop look sensational if you've been lucky enough to see some of them - ore you giving up something special for nothing??? Or are you better off getting a book of 50 -???? at a low dollar value and getting it out there. I feel with the exodus of mares to the east coast stallions that this is the better option. Yes it will be hard to get him up to $10k for a service in the future, but maybe part of the future of the WA stallion industry may be unproven stallions at a good service price, build up their value and then flog off the stallion?!?!
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    A wise decision wrt P5 as he is now has to compete with Frost Giant & Henny Hughes for mares that cross well with Storm Cat
  • ChesterChester    76 posts
    If Planet Five goes well our expectation is that we would support breeders all the way through.The massive increases in service fees to me are wrong.It is the only business in the world where suppliers believe they can charge double overnight.
    The owners of Planet Five will not do that.If he gets the numbers and is successful then it is good for our stud and good for the sales ring.There is a vastly reduced number of mares this year so competiton will be tight.Our offer is a point of difference to other studs to encourage people to consider our stallions.As a Storm Cat sire P5 stacks up pretty well with a wonderful pedigree.His progeny are excellent and worth inspection.Certainly good value currently and the free return for fillies from 2012 matings to us is an excellent initiative.
    respect that chester every one would be glad i'm not at the helm it's a business and at the end of the day business's need to make money :) and i was going by the reaction to mosayter over east he's stud fee gone up 2200 and a bit of negative feed back and the other problem with low stud fee's is the quality of mare's it attracts.
    rather than sitting back and whinging about the state of the states breeding =D> on being proactive and bringing out great steals :P sorry deals
    I am not sure what the right thing is in this current market but hopefully our pro active approach brings new business and competitiveness.
    It is an industry that is staid in its approach and as such time has stood still for it.Anyone that is involved in other current businesses would understand exactly what I mean.
    We have already received criticism for the free filly return but I am sure that our customers will appreciate it.It certainly doesn't hurt to try something different.
    Fingers crossed our approach works.
    edited April 2013
    re filly/free return. obviously not your clients or intending clients. must be from your competitors as those deals will be hard to match . New business wouldn't be surprised if your stallions will be still serving mares northern hemisphere time you'll be that busy :)
  • HenleyBrookHenleyBrook    408 posts
    This is a fantastic initiative Chester and well done to Touchstone for sticking their neck out for the breeders. I can see a lot of studs being frustrated at you, but if your business can allow for this and still make a comfortable turn over then go for it. Studs are losing their corporate clients who are now utilising studs over east due to bad customer service (slugging full fees after years of support). I know someone who is sending 3 mares to soldiers tale at sweetenham stud for a grand total of 10k. A lot of first time horse owners who bought yearlings in the 2007/2008 financial boom are now ready to send their horses to stud. So there will be a niche market for hobby breeders. myself included.
    Thanks for your positive comments.
    One thing we know for sure is that if the hobby breeders stop breeding then this is a significant loss to the industry.We will be pushing our offer as hard as we can and this is why we commenced so early.
    Renewed interest in FlyPeg also after his double at Ascot and with The Rising so impressive.$2200 makes a lot of people take notice and the early bookings helps us plan our breeding season so much better.The free filly return will apply to the mares we are selling this weekend so that is an added incentive to buy a TF mare.
  • SprintcarSprintcar    99 posts
    Well done Chester, I am sure some of the other studs are nashing their teeth, but so what. They should meet the market also. The last few years Eliza Park (Victoria) has had a free return for fillies in place as well as offering package deals lie Pick three stallions from their list of five or six for $10k. Plenty of other studs have payment on live foal, Darley pays the transport to and from their studs for your mare(inc. WA). Times are tough smaller breeders will look for the best value they can

TheFunkster, lame likes this post.

Great to see a Vital Equine and Flying Pegasus quinella in the 2yo race today at Ascot.Makes the early bird service fees great value.

RIO likes this post.

• CPLCPL    632 posts
    No offense Chester but I was burnt twice by Touchstone when I was a supporter.

When Touchstone wouldn't help out there supporters by dealing on Flying Peg when he was getting the mares why would we support Touchstone now that they need the mares ?

No offense directed at you but the old saying of,
    THE PEOPLE YOU PASS ON THE WAY TO THE TOP ARE OFTEN THE PEOPLE YOU PASS ON THE WAY BACK DOWN. Rings true in my case.

I do not wish for your horses to not be successful but as tempted I was to send you a couple of mares this year my past experiences with Touchstone deterred me from proceeding.
    Thanks for your comments CPL.We are obligated to honour the agreements with our stallion owners.We have not set the terms and conditions but apply what is part of our stallion agreements.Some times this may seem that we are inflexible but we are only working within the guidelines of a contract.The farm stands Flying Pegasus we do not own him.Fortunately this year we have come up with proposals for all the stallions that will benefit local breeders.This gives many breeders the chance to access the stallions at very affordable rates.Give Alayna a call and I am sure you will find her very helpful.She is at the sale today also if you are attending.Details as follows
    Please contact Alayna Bishop for details
    Ph:0409 058 650
    Email:[email protected]
    www.touchstonefarm.com.au
    Planet Five Weanlings Shine At Magic Millions
    Breednet - Media Release - Monday, 15 April 2013

The first weanlings by Storm Cat's Group 2 winning son Planet Five (USA) were well received by bidders atthe Perth Magic Millions Thoroughbred Sale on Sunday and his two offerings sold for the day set the benchmark on what was a tough day of selling.

His brown filly from the stakes winning Is it True mare Genuine Girl was purchased by Quanah Park for $25,000.

Meanwhile local buyer Chris Streat went to $20,000 to secure the Planet Five colt from the once raced Galileo mare Casual Glance.

Bred by the Niarchos family, Planet Five is a son of the high class race mare Six Perfections – winner of six of her 14 starts, three of those at Gr.1 level including the Breeders Cup Mile.

Planet Five hails from a simply outstanding family whose members include the champion Miesque, the excellent stallion Kingmambo and the Gr.1 winners East Of The Moon, Rumplestiltskin, Silver Supreme and Good Ba Ba.

Planet Five is by one of Northern Dancer's finest sons in Storm Cat, Gr.1 winning champion sire and a successful sire of sires who are now having great success in this part of the world.

The success of his first progeny in the sale ring make Planet Five excellent value with the 50% Early Bird discount enabling local breeders to access him before July 11 for only $2200.00 inc GST.

Any mare served by Planet Five in 2012 that produces a filly this year will be offered a free return.

Any TF mare purchased at the sale also has the free return for any filly born in 2013

News from Touchstone Farm
    edited April 2013
    and a bit of free advertising on page 9 chester
    http://www.anzbloodstocknews.com/newsletters/ANZ_Apr_15_2013.pdf

Chester likes this post.

• SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    Better pray for the P5's to fire

Chester likes this post.