Sport
TiversTivers    7,720 posts
edited April 2013 Sport
Chris Rogers in !
and Ryno Harris back in

"Haddin the man for the ashes"

Comments

• PrecisionPrecision    295 posts
    Have to say I think they have picked all the right players. Ryan Harris is in our top 3 quicks if fit and proved it with a fantastic end to the season for Qld. Rogers won't start but should Warner fail early and we need a replacement better a guy like Rogers with 19,000 first class runs behind him than a young pup who'll battle to cope with the pressure.

But the thing I most liked about it is they realised Indian form means nothing for this series and left out Smith and Henriques who both would have been found out over there. But hey if they mean this horses for courses thing Smith should be first picked on a tour to Sri Lanka or the middle east to play Pakistan.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    What they also basically said is that EVERYONE will be playing in England in either the Champions Trophy, or if not - in the Aust A tour matches.

Form from all will count towards final selection, so yes Funky - Doolan still a chance.

TheFunkster likes this post.

• octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    On a much more exciting note, how about that innings from Gayle!
  • RhinoRhino    208 posts
    if you havent seen it heres some highlights http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=A-2DWsztvMc&desktop_uri=/watch?v=A-2DWsztvMc end of the day it's still 20/20 and doesn't really interest me but was a fair hitting display
  • JordanJordan    1,827 posts
    My mate reckons Gayle is crap :O
    Pup claims another scalp.......................
    I have the answer...................

Arthurs gone.
    Dump Pup as captain
    Boof in as coach
    Tarzan in as captain !

Aussiereds72 likes this post.

• TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Bring back Punter!
    Huss
  • forzajuveforzajuve    369 posts
    The teacher has been sacked!!

Just have to sack the captain then whip the bludgers into line then we may have a contest 
    :)
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    was the coach really the issue? Im thinking they should have sacked a few players before the coach.
    Big Merv says yes.
    Just talked my ear off for the last half hour...

Carlosa likes this post.

righto...big merv would know! 
    Tivers said:

I have the answer...................

Arthurs gone.
    Dump Pup as captain
    Boof in as coach
    Tarzan in as captain !
    And I got that all wrong.
    Says Watto is the problem, not Clarke.

As I've always said..................Big Tarzan is more Jane !
    The Diva said:

As a recently departed selector, he has a lot more of an idea than any of us................
    Clarke's stood down as a selector aswell

Tivers, TheFunkster likes this post.

edited June 2013
    Merv said that needed to happen ;)

Boof knows the score, and wouldn't have taken on the role if he remained (a selector)
    Should never have picked a foreigner to coach Australia.
    Good to see Pup stripped of some of his power too. Warner would be a dead man walking
    Buck will open with Cowan. Hopefully Uzy gets a crack too!

Tivers likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,454 posts
    Mickey did nothing for West Australian Cricket
    Could not believe he got the Australian Team
    Took them a while to realize
    Karma rules !

TheFunkster likes this post.

Tivers said:

The Diva said:

As a recently departed selector, he has a lot more of an idea than any of us................
    i wasnt being sarcastic....
    brady said:

Mickey did nothing for West Australian Cricket
    Could not believe he got the Australian Team
    Took them a while to realize
    Karma rules !

That is what I thought as well, WA were crap when he was coaching

Tivers likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    Have to feel for Micky Arthurs as he lost his Mother yesterday on top  of getting the ass
    Forget the coach, the playing group is sub standard. Ross Lyon couldn't win with that lot.
    Big Merv agreed today Haddin would keep first test

Not sure Starc running through Somerset's tail last night is a good or bad thing.  If he can get the ball to swing like he did the white ball at the WACA against the Windies last year he's almost unplayable but if it doesn't he doesn't have a plan B.  He still bowls full and straight and to guys like Trott, Bell and Cook that's gonna be trouble.  I think I'd prefer Jaxon Bird as at least we know what we'll get and if it's swinging around corners Pattinson and Harris will be a handful anyway.  It's a funny place England some days that Duke ball will be hooping all day and the next it won't get off the straight and you get sides making 400 in a day. 

I know they'll pick Starc so I don't know why I bother worrying about it but I can just see him going the journey especially at Trent Bridge where there's been some huge scores this season not least of which a game this week where there was 980 runs scored in a rain affected match for only 13 wickets taken.

They were saying on the radio that Watson would open, I would of put Cowan & Rodgers & left Watson out as he can not bowl 

I have a feeling they are going to put Rogers at 3 and open with Watson and Cowan.  Hughes batting down the order in this match supports that and if he turns this 40 into a big one tonight he almost secures a spot.

From all reports Khawaja was very scratchy last night, he probably won't even play in the next practice match as they'll have to bring Rogers and Smith in so that could seal his fate.

I don't mind top three of Watson Cowan rogers hopefully we can get away to some solid starts. good to hear Lehman scrapped the rotation policy aswell thou can't picture the sports science blokes being impressed
    octavius said:

On a much more exciting note, how about that innings from Gayle!

Just hit the fastest ever ton - off 30 balls in the IPL
    Yep, would have gone with Rogers & Cowan myself with Watson at 3 if he wants to bat up the order.
    Hopefully Uzy gets another chance in the next warm-up game

Nevershowsurprise likes this post.