G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 6 Non Members

David Warner Rant

Sport
squid69squid69    1,434 posts
edited May 2013 Sport

I am busily trying to find the article which has seen David Warner send off a number of childish tweets from India. Without reading the article, my initial take is that journos are paid to write their thoughts, and what Warner has come back with is typical of the childish, precious attitude of many of our current test players. These blokes are in a privileged position, very few get the opportunity to represent their country (I know at the moment he is counting the IPL money), and the petulance that is being displayed is simply not good enough.

Gotta find the article from Crash now.

Comments

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    squid69 said:

I am busily trying to find the article which has seen David Warner send off a number of childish tweets from India. Without reading the article, my initial take is that journos are paid to write their thoughts, and what Warner has come back with is typical of the childish, precious attitude of many of our current test players. These blokes are in a privileged position, very few get the opportunity to represent their country (I know at the moment he is counting the IPL money), and the petulance that is being displayed is simply not good enough.

Gotta find the article from Crash now.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/dangers-of-living-it-up-in-the-indian-premier-league/story-fndpt0dy-1226645458847

Here is the article, I'd say that Craddock has definitely hit a raw nerve with Mr Warner, who may be afraid that the "rock star" lifestyle has perhaps been uncovered.

Warners' response is that of a 12 year old spoilt brat sitting on a pedestal in his own kingdom.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    He is not the full pack of Tim Tams this bloke send him home and bring someone else in who deserves a crack at the highest level he is a 1 trick pony at best

Tivers likes this post.

• PrecisionPrecision    295 posts
    A couple of months after they supposedly draw the line in the sand in India when they dropped 4 players for basically nothing they go and let Warner stay on the tour. Absolute disgrace. This guy is so far ahead of himself it's not funny. This is the culture Michael Clarke has allowed to happen, our side is jam packed full of egos who have average records at best.

In hindsight when hardened old fashioned gutsy cricketers who actually have serious records behind them like Katich are forced out because they clash with Clarke's metrosexual ways and a guy like Mike Hussey retires for the same reason well...............what did we think would happen.

squid69, relleche, RIO likes this post.

• forzajuveforzajuve    369 posts
    I like the way they have banned him for a month so he will not be available for selection until the first test.

Having a bloke hanging around with no hope of playing is going to make the situation worse, they should of sent him home.

In the past the 15th or 16th man (last man in squad) on an ashes tour is normally the best situation if you have no hope of playing as they have lived in up a bit, what is Warner going to do now?.........
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Shouldn't be selected for the Australian Cricket Team unless you have hair on your chest !
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    edited June 2013

Disgraceful..that he is even being questioned about slugging an Englishman..he should be awarded a OAM..Oh hang on, sorry i'm in the year 2013 aren't i..haha

Fancy telling a bloke in this situation that he has a free ride for the next 4 weeks and then we will select you for the first test..i know they haven't done exactly that, but it isn't far off...Send him home and suspend him from Aus representation for 12 months..if he is as good as he thinks he is, he'll earn his spot back very quickly..If not, then the suspentions would be justified.

• Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Warner is Clarke's errand boy so he has some protection

squid69 likes this post.

• TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts

Warner is Clarke's errand boy so he has some protection

Errand boy = Ego stroker!
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    sawn off stromper...from a mate that is over there with the squad. MC to blame....
  • forzajuveforzajuve    369 posts
    Tivers said:

Shouldn't be selected for the Australian Cricket Team unless you have hair on your chest !

And back, if you ever waxed or you do not shave you should be run out of the squad.

No sunglasses either, get back to playing cricket 

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    "Davey" should be released from the squad and playing county cricket up to the first test