G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 51 Non Members

AFL mini Rounds 8-10

Sport
TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
edited May 2014 Sport
May as well lump the 3 x 6 game rounds together.
Freo far from disgraced. Another 6 day break took it's toll along with a few key outs and losing Hilly early.
They've played 8 of the other 9 top 10 teams with the Cats the last one next week. They have a pretty good run home and should start favourites in all games bar 1 or 2 and get some good momentum. A top 4 finish still on the cards.
+1 -1

PuntingTragic dislikes this post.

Comments

• dungydungy    9,278 posts

Freo far from disgraced. Another 6 day break took it's toll along with a few key outs and losing Hilly early.
    They've played 8 of the other 9 top 10 teams with the Cats the last one next week. They have a pretty good run home and should start favourites in all games bar 1 or 2 and get some good momentum. A top 4 finish still on the cards.
    Top 4 finish ??? well someone has to finish in there I suppose we look avg Funky Lee Spurr is getting shown up for what he really is a hack !!!

• darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Fair dinkum, you should support the Eagles with that rubbish. Spurr is simply out of form, like plenty others. Last year he was unbelievable, remember the QF at Geelong?

Agree with what Funky said, but probably more importantly signs for the future are getting better. Neale now a magnet, just needs to get more confident by foot. Sutcliffe solid, Clarke clunking marks and kicking goaks like we always wanted him to, and Fyfe wowee, improves kicking and he'll be the next Ablett. Now all we need is Apeness to come along.

Given our results luring one out of contract, we really need to trade for a gun key fwd, all our eggs can't be in the Apeness basket. Just an example (cos he FA), but something like Mundy + player for a Hogan is something we need to look at.
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    I think he is married to a Perth girl. How about Josh Simpson? ;)
    I recon we'll be a better team at seasons end than when we started. Guys like Suban, De Boer, Duffield, Spurr, Mayne, Spud Dawson & Crowley could be struggling to hold their spots.
    Walters, Sheridan, Crozier, Griffen, Apeness, Tanner Smith, Morabito, Sylvia, Ibo, Gumbie?, Ballard & Simpson? all could be in Freo's best 22 by then

Fair dinkum, you should support the Eagles with that rubbish. Spurr is simply out of form, like plenty others. Last year he was unbelievable, remember the QF at Geelong?

Agree with what Funky said, but probably more importantly signs for the future are getting better. Neale now a magnet, just needs to get more confident by foot. Sutcliffe solid, Clarke clunking marks and kicking goaks like we always wanted him to, and Fyfe wowee, improves kicking and he'll be the next Ablett. Now all we need is Apeness to come along.

Given our results luring one out of contract, we really need to trade for a gun key fwd, all our eggs can't be in the Apeness basket. Just an example (cos he FA), but something like Mundy + player for a Hogan is something we need to look at.

agree he  had a good year last year but living in past glorys take you backwards he has had a stinker of a year

• octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    Lose next week and top 4 going to be very tricky...not the same side this year, bottom 10 players not performing above their station and providing a serviceable role as the Lyon gameplan requires.
  • bradybrady    1,453 posts
    Josh Kennedy
    11 goals you beauty
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    Was a fair effort by the dockers I thought.

The eagles play pretty good against witches hats 8-X

oldhendo likes this post.

octavius said:

Lose next week and top 4 going to be very tricky...not the same side this year, bottom 10 players not performing above their station and providing a serviceable role as the Lyon gameplan requires.

Ohhhh your back you have been missing in last month since your mob lost 4 in a row funny that :)

The Diva said:

Was a fair effort by the dockers I thought.

The eagles play pretty good against witches hats 8-X

The 4 teams they have beat will finish bottom 4 that's a cert

They might finish in front of Freo too

RIO likes this post.

• AquanitaAquanita    566 posts
    Any odds available on that Brady
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    you been on the brandy, brady? :))

Jordan, Tivers likes this post.

brady said:

Wager ??? $100 says they don't im waiting mate ?? you make a statement time to back it up as you have won and beaten 4 powerhouse clubs   
    :)

• octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    dungy said:

octavius said:

Ohhhh your back you have been missing in last month since your mob lost 4 in a row funny that :)
    That post was made before we played GWS, so you are incorrect. I believe I have made a few posts during the four losses including the promise not to turn up to support my mob for the derby after the Carlton debacle, but dont let the truth get in the way of another typical dungy post.

PuntingTragic likes this post.

dungy said:

brady said:

Wager ??? $100 says they don't im waiting mate ?? you make a statement time to back it up as you have won and beaten 4 powerhouse clubs   
    Hey Dung
    I said they might !
    I bet with my Head not my heart !

PuntingTragic likes this post.

dungy and i bet with our pockets.... :-\"

i'll up dungy to a rio....

b-(

octavius said:

dungy said:

octavius said:

That post was made before we played GWS, so you are incorrect. I believe I have made a few posts during the four losses including the promise not to turn up to support my mob for the derby after the Carlton debacle, but dont let the truth get in the way of another typical dungy post.

Some things just don't change do they ,and how did your team go in that Derby that you didn't turn up to   ;)

brady said:

dungy said:

brady said:

Hey Dung
    I said they might !
    I bet with my Head not my heart !

So that's a no then mate ?

Pav's 300th. Let's hope the boys can mark this great milestone with a win.
    It should be a cracker!
    how much are the bookies winning so far this year...must be MILLIONS!!

TheFunkster likes this post.

• darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Richmond, what a debacle of an organisation. Bomber next coach?
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    I've signed off.
    When next premier league season start ?
  • squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    Something has to give at Richmond, and history says it is usually the coach.

The guillotine is being sharpened I reckon
  • TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    My mail from Melbourne - Hardwick gone, Worsfold to take over !
  • troopertrooper    681 posts
    Richmond should be absolutely embarrassed with themselves.

They are no hopers and Hardwick must go.
    dungy said:

Top 4 finish ??? well someone has to finish in there I suppose we look avg Funky Lee Spurr is getting shown up for what he really is a hack !!!
    Top 4 a lock for Freo with their run from here

thefalcon likes this post.

• NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    Time for the broome to go through the list, the top up policy didn't work.

Grigg, Pettard, Houli, Stevenson, Gordon, Hampson, Thomas, Chaplin are all in the same boat, they cant use the footy. If you cant use it in today's game you're dead.

dungy said:

Top 4 a lock for Freo with their run from here

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    The latest gem of wisdom from hagdorn - hawthorn are in trouble! Haha!
    He had the dockers written off after 3 games.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    What channel is he on Diva??? Him working in the sports commentating industry would be like me working in the bra fitting department of Myers..I might enjoy the activity but I'm not sure anyone else would get any real benefit from me being there!!!

HandbrakeHarry likes this post.