G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 39 Non Members

Gloucester Park Tuesday

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited September 2016 Harness & Greyhounds
Race 1. See that Fiscalsmile is $2.50 favourite. I've seen everything! Barrier 1 and has good gate speed but never thought would see the day where he would be favourite at headquarters. Would be great to see Barry Giudice get the money on second favourite Oaksana Boy and be interesting to know his last GP winner. Been driving for decades.

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    Both horses will never get a better chance to fight out the finish of any race. Fiscalsmile would be well served to sit on the free running Oaksana Boy.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited September 2016
    Fiscalsmile 3 wins from 71.
    Oaksana Boy 3 wins from 52.
    Game On.

Chris, jum likes this post.

And it goes on:

Hurricane Luke 3 from 86 last win Collie 14th Feb.
    Blakes Jet 4 from 75 LW 6th August 2015
    Miami Terror 5 from 93 LW March 2013
    Who Thru Teddy 10 from 109 best performed in field LW December 2015
    Preshuss Theory 2 from 113 LW January 2015
    Our Dezzy Mac 9 from 110 LWjANUARY 2016
    Fiscal Smile LW February 2015
    Oaksana Boy LW February 2015

Very difficult to get enthused but there will be a winner and connections will pocket $4550.

edited September 2016
    Who Thru Teddy had some early potential. Was often well fancied and high up in the betting markets. Preshuss Theory well there is a battler. Helped to get a reasonable first 4 dividend one night when Charlie pumped him home to 3rd or 4th. Things fell into place for him put it that way.
    Think Who Thru Teddy was a bit green early in career. Galloping a few times when fancied. Maybe temperament imitating name.
    Under 1 hour to match race...Fiscalsmile v Oaksana Boy...unless they attack each other and set it up for someone else. :-?

VillageKid likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Like watching a punch up between Christopher Pyne and Bronwyn Bishop....you wouldn't want to be feeding either of em.

Fiscalsmile into $1.70 fixed. It has been 5 days in a row of pacing in WA. Fields are dwindling.
    That was just like a race from Port Pirie in SA or Globe Derby on a Monday....4 of them beaten at the bell. Miami Terror could barely lift his legs at the bell and ran 4th. Who Thru Teddy...no comment.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,280 posts
    Hey JJ I wouldnt have thought Randall Prowse would have driven many city winners if any over the years?
    Was sort of hoping former SD player Barry Guidice might finally get the choccies in town.
    I wonder if that is the same Randall Prowse that played a bit of footy at EF and a million games in the old Sunday Footy League?
    edited September 2016
    Cheeryrose galloped at Pinjarra at the bell...might have played a part..never ever going to lose tonight. The Storm Chief just was wait for the good gate! Kurious in front and Kurious in the breeze = chalk and cheese. How important is the barrier draw in a race like that ? Put the Chief in 1 and Cheeryrose in 9 reverse the result. 3 races down 3 wins in a row for barrier1. 3 races 3 places in a row for barrier 2. Some horses like See Me Smile and The Storm Chief it's impossible to win from their gates.
    Cheeryrose galloped at Pinjarra as you said and I put that down to the driver. Driver change tonight was very significant,

Still say despite his very good recent form Michael Grantham has now got lost on Storm Chief at its last 2 starts.
    edited September 2016
    Firmly believe that some horses just have to wait for the right barrier draw. When it comes along they invariably win. Especially at GP. At the bell Cheeryrose was 1/3 The Storm Chief 50/1.
    Can Baileys Gold and Majorlicious make it 4 in a row for gates 1 and 2 to be in the money...
    As soon as Bailey refused to hand up to Majorlicious...game over for both. Baileys Gold fought on ok though.
    Maddison Brown missed the boat.

Had to go before Tact Major. Well and truly outdriven by Clint Hall.
    Twitter has exploded over the Franco Rayner drive.
    Poor drive but the twitter comments are way over the top.

TheDarkHorse likes this post.

We are a bit more measured on this site. Got caught behind Majorlicious? Was in a perfect spot early from barrier 12.
    One more race to go before the marathon 5 days in a row ends....pinning the faith in Callan or Shannon Suvaljko to win the lucky last.
    edited September 2016
    Blimey Joe Suvaljko has a drive in the race too...better have a saver on him! See that Shannon got Bert The Bookie into the placings at about 40/1. He's a lot better driver than given credit for.
    Riders, I can't remember Randall Prowse's last winner, possibly at Richmond Raceway but that might have been Scott Prowse ...yes, he played in the old Sunday Footy League and is, if Ive got this right, old Pop Johnsons grandson or great nephew?  A bit of a nostalgia night with Laurie Robinson's grandson Michael winning with Luke Hobbs and the race 3 winner being bred by old Sid Arthur. Could never have imagined Luke Hobbs winning a race at GP, albeit in the poorest of company possibly ever seen except at a trial night. But good on them, it's the Fiscal Smiles of this industry that create hope and foundation for everyone....but in all reality, they are Trayning non TAB horses if we are being brutally honest.

edited September 2016
    That was VK asking that JJ. But while your on footballing drivers when did West Perth wingman extraordinaire Stephen Smeath drive...80s and 90s ?

Bellerkerrin $12.40 the win and arguably carried the best form into the race.....no inters prospects amongst that lot.....Aldo does a good job with his horses.

Ridersonthestorm33, VillageKid likes this post.

edited September 2016
    I agree JJ despite the standard not being that great tonight it was good to see a few of the battlers of the sport or less well known names get a winner in town.

Ridersonthestorm33, JayJay likes this post.

Never stopped drifting in the market Bellerkerrin...became the value runner.
    Would be good to see John Filardo get a winner at GP but I don't know how. And Shannon you're sacked!

That was VK asking that JJ. But while your on footballing drivers when did West Perth wingman extraordinaire Stephen Smeath drive...80s and 90s ?

I can remember Smeathy driving a couple of winners at GP around 1985/86 Riders just for the life of me can't remember the name of the horse???

Sorry lads ....VK and Riders.....got mixed up...its an age thing. I think Rodney Pescud also tied up in that family and the horse Stuart Henry rings a bell as one of their winners. Yep, the "rabbit" Stephen Smeath from the 80's/ 90's.....wasn't much of a driver, drove like he played, liked the front and avoided the packs. I am not a violent man but as a Royals supporter, Smeath tormented me and I was ever hopeful he would blind turn out of a pack and run into someone like Brad Smith,Mal Brown or Angus Horwood....but no one could ever catch him to belt him.....tongue in cheek.

edited September 2016
    He was very fast on the footy field from memory. Remember always looking for his name to see whether he had a drive. Nothing wrong with Brian Cousins as a driver thought he held his own.