G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 1 Non Members

After a woeful effort tues i'm back for more!

R1:
FF:2/1,10/1,10,11/1,3,4,7,9,10,11,12. 100% costs $24.
First race looks a
benefit for No2 Rycroft, straight to
the front thanks for coming. I’m not convinced Be Prepared is going well enough to hold onto his back up the
straight but will get every chance, I’d love to have No9 Im Lisart further up the calculations but he’ll have to be
running fantastic late splits to be there so leaving him out. A heap can run 4
th
with the right run.

R2: 1/9/2,3/2,3,5,6.
100% costs $6 then 9 for third for half the spend.
Americanbootscoota will dominate the market again here but I will
say he’d want to be careful early. Extreme
Dreams
has great gate speed but should just slot straight in behind the 1.
I give Bhagwan some chance of
catching them all napping at the start. He hasn’t been beginning as well of
late but there is a slight chance with the 1 being so short that they might
just think it will all happen for them and hence be caught napping. It shouldn’t
happen though and I give Bhagwan really solid placing claims just lobbing along
in the breeze in this line up. Mako
Shadow
can run well again, Lewis will help Leftrightgoodnight and Paid
Twice
can run the times capable of finishing off into the minor money.

R3: Be
interesting to see if they have a crack for the top with No8 John Of Arc. They’d get over Chicago Bull no worries but there is some speed inside him, I
actually think he can make it over but it probably wont happen. So Billies A Star probably works his way
to the top, I think he’ll well and truly have to work. This sets it up for Chicago Bull. Winner of 11 of his last
12 I expect his last 1200m will just be too quick for them. Currently $2
available, I won’t be backing him one out but he’ll be in some multis.

R4: No10 Mary
Catherine win.
No1 Hidden Bad
isn’t the best beginner but should hold up, Giuliana Rancic would love the lead but it went so poorly from that
position with Prentice that I couldn’t see it going there unless Turvey thinks
it goes to the front, pulls and he zaps it late. Hidden Bads last two haven’t
been great after its win, I don’t trust Giuliana so I’m all over Mary Catherine, smoking the pipe
hopefully leaders back but if not 3 back, gets out and goes straight by them.

R5: No10 Attack On
Command EW.
I have changed my tune on this race. A lot of horses who’s best
are behind them. Conversely I think Tajies Girl is in a little purple patch. I
did expect her to take up the running and win however Smooth Caesar could push up really hard and try to keep her out although
the gear change suggests sit to me the driver doesn’t. So I’m happy to back Attack
On Command, at worst 3 back the fence possibly leaders back. Has won with the
rails run recently and the stable runners have gone well over the last week.

R6: No7 Tact Major
win
. For me Jnr wins this race. I figure the 1-3 would all like to lead,4
and 5 will want to go forward. They all have junior drivers on so I think we
get a good speed early. Jnr can move into it whenever he wants on Tact Major and the times it can run
its last 1200m in are too strong. 6 Ona
Happy Note
could get a similar race to the one he got first up in the state
and is the danger, I’ll be tacking the 6,7
quin.

R7:No10 Delightful
Offer win.
I have a feeling Elegant
Christian
can’t cross Our Jericho
at the start which might affect both of them. Our Jericho doesn’t seem to do
his best racing when pushed to lead a mobile and Elegant Christian doesn’t race
his best when not leading. There are plenty that can win it but I’ve settled on
Delightful Offer, is racing
fantastic and is going to have the sleepers run. Plenty of other winning
chances but I can’t see how they can win it but I can with this fellow.

R8: FF:4/2,3,5/2,3,5,9/1,2,3,5,6,7,9.
100% costs $45
. Looks another good race for Char Do Neigh, he looks an ok stand horse and I don’t think there
will be much resistance to stop him from taking it up. I think Bashful Compton will hold them early
but get too tired late to hold a major FF spot, one of either Donegal Chokin or Bettors Ace sitting on his back are likely to sprint over him. Fly Along Falcon’s times of late are
too good to leave him out. I wanted to have Swimbetweentheflags more prominent but he probably gets buried back
along the pegs with all the good beginners off the front. Glow Bright will pinch a stand soon but this probably isn’t the
right race.That's all i'm doing with a quad 1,2,8,10/6,7/2,10,12/3,4.Good luck all.

+1 -1

Fastmoney likes this post.

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited October 2016
    Not so sure about Tact Major been a little dissapointing since things fell into place when he won. Am going wide in that leg of the quaddie and leaving Tact Major out! That may make him a good thing.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts

Not so sure about Tact Major been a little dissapointing since things fell into place when he won. I'm going wide in that leg of the quaddie and leaving Tact Major out! That may make him a good thing.

The horse cant quicken, he might not have been flashing at them last time but for him he was, he still would have been going that speed after another 600m. In this race he wont need to flash, wind up for the last 1200m and power them into submission.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited October 2016
    The question of the night is can Be Prepared hang onto Rycrofts coat tails for long enough to run a place ? If he can then The Revolution also will be into the money drawn behind him. Got a feeling @50/1 Gothic Rage from the three gate may be a smokey for 3rd or 4th. All depends where it lobs. If Be Prepared gets a stitch then horses like Gothic Rage etc get a big chance to run into the placings.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited October 2016
    Don't know if Lewis will want 3 back pegs on Frostyflyer or not. If he's stays in one out line drawn behind Rycroft then Morgan Woodley on Bettor As from the 12 gate may get three back and be a big place chance. At the end of the day 2 - 1,10 1,10 still looks the goods.

Offthebit likes this post.

edited October 2016
    That's true about Tact Major just thought the night he won he was entitled to win by a lot more. One of his next runs thought was a bit plain. He is one paced though and a bit of a grinder. Around $2.80....risk and lay!! If they happen to go hard and the race is run upside down don't write off Tuapeka Khan from barrier 12. Racing really well.
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    From MG

Billies A star Looks a hot race early, will have to play up to see wether we fly gate or slot across 4 cover,he's had freshen up&working.

Mary Catherine-praying 1 holds up otherwise be 3 fence,makes it tough. Run last week very encouraging.If get crack,very deadly.

Smooth Caesar-drawn pole-huge advantage with this horse,see how much
    pressure we get.Will likely take sit&have crack late.in with gd
    claims.

Bonny under fire-awkward drawn from 4 with3horses with speed inside
    me&the back will likely follow thru hard,Will have to play it by
    ear..

Donegal chokin-going great,he's had a lil freshen up,should hopefully
    ping SS &if I found the top I could give fav something 2 chase..

Ropeburn-such a constant trotter,will always be there about,been going great, looks tough 4 him with boko inrace. Go 4waed&try hang on 4 place..

Disagree with him about Mary Catherine, nothing wrong with 3 back the fence if the 2 leads it will run along creating gaps and get tired.
    Well that should have ben a ten unit job rather than throwing in all those numbers for 4th. If he kicks away be Prepared runs 2nd which would have been a bit better.
    edited October 2016
    $17+ trifecta and $45+ the quartet...tabs giving it away! That's why they call it Supertab!

edited October 2016
    The more looked at it the more thought this can only be 2, 1-10, 1-10. With 11 and 12. Even took the time to watch a replay of Be Prepareds run last week....it was ok! Got the stamp of approval.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    Micheal Ferguson was obviously the only one that thought Extreme Dreams had no chance to cross.

Gilgamesh, Offthebit likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Mako Mako....followed up on his very good run last week ....Teddy Kimes doing a super job with this horse, looks an absolute treat, racing accordingly. Amazing price considering his form.
    Missed seeing the second race...did the bootscooter gallop ?
  • sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    No ,Crossed by the 2 as per Gilga  and ncr.

sonny said:

No ,Crossed by the 2 as per Gilga  and ncr.

I'm driving an odds on pop, they'll just give it to me. Well no actually.

Better note how good was the little Bull??
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Whereas Rycroft flew the gate with a very nicely anticipated start from SJS, American Bootscooter never looked like holding up, and as it panned out with Bhagwan over racing in the breeze, it gave Mako the absolute perfect run....which he needed, he only just lasted....couldn't have scripted it better. Mako ain't no super star, maybe on his mark already but has earned good cash from his last 5 or 6 runs. been well placed.

Ridersonthestorm33, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Hidden Bad to lead Mary Catherine to trail and 11 and 12 to figure somewhere if one of them goes three back. Throw in the 2 and get in the que!
    The Bull was great..just the same if you reverse the rolls have the Bull working outside of John Of Arc would the result still be the same ?
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    Lewis too good.
    edited October 2016
    Clever drive Hawkins to get three back the pegs. Big value for first 4. Straight forward quinella...quartet out to $600. Earlier today Rycroft was $1.35 in places and even $1.30 tab touch...if ever a horse should have been $1.10 or less it was him.

Lewis certainly got Hidden Bad to run through the line which has been her query when leading, far too strong tonight.

cisco, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

The Bull was great..just the same if you reverse the rolls have the Bull working outside of John Of Arc would the result still be the same ?

I think it would, was just travelling so well.

Ole crafty Chris Lewis out in front...one thing he had on his mind..they won't be crossing me. Masterful front running drive that's the 2585th time he's lead all the way at GP!

VillageKid likes this post.

edited October 2016
    Easy to say now but had a feeling if Gulliana Rancic couldn't cross it would be a case of barlese and good night I'm out of here. After 200 metres it was 1,10 all the way to the bank.
    Enjoying Gareth Hall's coverage from Gloucester Park. Talks to the right drivers and knows the questions to ask.

cisco, Offthebit, VillageKid likes this post.

Michael Grantham the place punters friend...lifted and cajoled Billies A Star home into 3rd placing at reasonable odds..did the trick again on Mary Catherine...if he has a soft run on Smooth Ceaser in the next he can make it three in a row!
    Market says Tajies Girl leads, wish I had stuck with my initial plan!
    Betting suggests Tajies Girl will find the lead.
    edited October 2016
    The only ones that should be on the track preceeding the start are the horses, drivers , attendants and the stewards on their way to the box. No media! I'm old skool haha.
    I type slower than Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.