LAZARUS
NZ

YAYAS
HOT SPOT NZ

HAVE
FAITH IN ME NZ

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Apologies for the formatting going haywire.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,717 posts
    Something in the pocket from Tuesday has helped return a bit of enthusiasm. Looks harder to eek out any value here but I know only one way so I will have a crack.

R1: Similar to last week Reaza Grunter looks unders. Not saying it cant win but people over hyping the trial, beat nothing, time is good but didn't run that much quicker over all than Mattjestic Star on the day. Thought Kerrin Joseph just does enough to keep It Aint Royal out (but is iffy) and then trials Walkinshaw. Its a much more winnable race for him tonight. At the odds though I thought Ruling Gold on a 1/3 basis was a good bet. I have it in a good spot the moving line or 3 back the pegs, he has a powerful sprint which on his day could worry a few of these.
    Bet: No11 Ruling Gold 1/3. FF:4,11/1,2,4,11/1,2,4,11,12/1,2,4,5,10,11,12. 100% costs $72. EQ:1,2,4,11,12.

R2: Not confident at all this race other than liking Glenferrie Arch's last run, Shannon being on and the stable usually likes to win one on a big night, it does seem rather out classed though.
    Bet: Couple of dollar EW 2 Glenferrie Arch. EQ: 1,2,3,4,7,8.

R3: I don't see this as a benefit for Eden Franco as market is indicating. If driven the same as last week I give Challenging a hope of crossing, in which case I thought he would hand up to Ace Bromac making him might tough to beat. If not I still don't see her just strolling around and dashing home in 26 as she has done. Either sat up or on my working to the top theory I think Ace Bromac is a terrific bet and I think the price on the night will be very nice.
    Bet: No6 Ace Bromac EW. EQ:1,6.

R4: I kind of thought there might be a chance here that Tiger Tara could absolutely pour on the speed and the Bull might hand up. Might not happen just an idea. Regardless of how he is driven they are too far apart in the market, particularly with money back for 2nd available.
    Bet: No6 Tiger Tara win. EQ: 1,6. 100% costs $120. Need the boilover early.

R5: Anybody know of any announcements regarding how Ideal Alice will be driven? Would love to see her lead. Until I know tactics unsure of how I will play it.

R6: This is another watch race for me, sit back and learn a bit more for next week.

R7: I've had a decent go Space Junk EW. I hope Voak makes his intentions clear early and keeps the breeze, think he can outstay the 1 under those conditions. Interesting to see what Our Zac Whitby and Maczaffair do, on their form I think they are massive first four players but I think they are the two most effected by Space Junk kicking up early, they need luck to get in. This seems pretty obvious that the first two home should come from the 1,2,10. The 11 and 12 are the two horses guaranteed to get good trips so they are musts for 3rd. I'm going to put Mazaffair in for 3rd as well as I just love how she is going regardless of the numbers beside her name and Zac only goes in for 4th, just cant have them all.
    Bet: EW No2 Space Junk. FF: 1,2,10/1,2,10/1,2,5,10,11,12/1,2,4,5,10,11,12. 100% costs $96.

R8: I loved that last run from Lazarus. I can't make any kind of bet from him here but am now firmly in his camp as the one to beat.

R9: This market looks wrong to me. Its not like Livura is just going to run to the top but that is how it is priced. Personally I thought Therugo would be charging through the middle of them early, nothing would be able to keep him out and they wouldn't see which way he went.
    Bet: No12 Therugo.

R10: This race looks a trap for me. I have them over cooking it in the first half and drivers getting itchy fingers. That could be wrong and Warwick could just hand up to Soky but its not how I see it. So on that thinking at 60/1 doing nothing in the run I give Ohoka Kentucky a massive chance of running right over the top of them late.

So a bit of value for me. Having to spend a lot more than I usually like to get a decent chunk of the novelties but think it is worth playing that way.

Good luck all.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Walkinshaw
    Race 2- Abraxas Blues
    Race 3- Eden Franco
    Race 4- Chicago Bull
    Race 5- Amaretto
    Race 6- Soho Tribeca
    Race 7- Space Junk
    Race 8- Lazarus
    Race 9- Thereugo
    Race 10- Zach Maguire

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Just something I noticed at Northam in his last win. Space Junk was allowed to stroll and although he had a gap on the field after kicking around the last corner by the time he got to the 50m the tank was reading empty. The Train did a good job of disguising it but he had a worried look on his face when glancing over his shoulder.....might be vulnerable late in the race tonight if he doesn't settle a fraction better

Markovina, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Aztec Bromac best of the night......was held up and strangled last start when they ran home in 27.7 and 27.5. Very very nice horse.

Markovina likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Junior has stated the perfect  pattern for him handing up to Piccadilly princess with amertto left in the chair working ....stewards have announced my rona gold will be driven less aggressive from the
    gate,,makes amertto job easy getting there..believe Donegal rundlescreek holds the key for the early burn...

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts

Just something I noticed at Northam in his last win. Space Junk was allowed to stroll and although he had a gap on the field after kicking around the last corner by the time he got to the 50m the tank was reading empty. The Train did a good job of disguising it but he had a worried look on his face when glancing over his shoulder.....might be vulnerable late in the race tonight if he doesn't settle a fraction better

Aztec Bromac best of the night......was held up and strangled last start when they ran home in 27.7 and 27.5. Very very nice horse.

Your not having a good week pal

Your best bet - Aztec Bromac - i think right at the moment Robbie Morris is hosing it down in its Menangle Barn - got the scraper out on its back - so i dont think it will be winning at GP tonight

And as for Space Junk - i think you have confused it with its stable mate Madame Meiland ( who scrambled home ) - where as Space Junk powered to the line

And you can ignore those 2 likes of your previous posts  - i accidently hit the like button - instead of the quote button !

Just seeing if you were awake with a Richie Bellesque freudian slip Marko...Ace Bromac of course was the right answer...you get 50 % for observation. Space Junk won clearly but the point I was making was it didn't power to the line and C Voak did a good job of disguising that. When you are 20m away from them you notice these things. No knock on the horse...he ran solid sectionals which used a bit of fuel....just think he needs to relax and conserve better if in the future his ability is to be fully capitalised upon.
    Likes/Dislikes....what are they in real terms anyway ? 
    Third round of charge stackem and walks at GP tonight....god help the punters 

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited December 2017
    The proviso is if...but if Lazarus, Chicago Bull, Soho Tribeca, Tiger Tara, Lenny The Shark and Galactic Star all run in the first three tonight...would six horses have ever gone into an Interdominion Final not missing a place in all three heats ?

Think two or three definetly, perhaps four or five...but not sure if six horses would have been at least placed in all three heats.
    Going for a five leg all up Place....

Race 3. #10. Mighty Major.
    Race 4. # 6. Tiger Tara.
    Race 6. # 7. Lenny The Shark.
    Race 7. # 10. Motu Meteor.
    Race 8. # 2. Galactic Star.

Ridersonthestorm33 dislikes this post.

The Grunter was back on song.

One to follow from the race Dior Mia More.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• squid69squid69    1,434 posts
    I am repeating my place bets from Tuesday night, where they all ran bloody 4th!

Shandale
    Major Crocker
    Vultan Tin

curmudgeon likes this post.

Place bets on two roughies in the next, the two m's , Majordan and Motu Premier - confidence levels 0.
    edited December 2017
    Well done Major...pulled a bit...couldn't lift his legs down the back straight...fell into third by default!

Motu Premier - early selection for the consolation final - no luck there - hit the line ok.

cisco likes this post.

• ciscocisco    805 posts
    Onya Riders!!
    edited December 2017
    Shandale now a little under the hammer to make the final ten.

Brings horses like Devendra , Ya's Ya's Hotspot , Major Crocker, Egodan and Vulcan Tin into it if they can run top four tonight.
    edited December 2017
    A certain seven look to be.
    1. Soho Tribeca
    2. Lazarus
    3. Chicago Bull
    4. Lennytheshark
    5. Tiger Tara
    6. Galactic Star
    7. San Carlo
    8. ?
    9. ?
    10.?
    edited December 2017
    8, 9, 10 qualifiers all 100/1 from any draw! However gotta to be in it to win it. Think Bradbury!

Providing San Carlo runs up to expectations and finishes top four then definetly six horses fighting for three spots : Shandale, Devendra, Major Crocker, Ya's Ya's Hotspot, Vulcan Tin and Egodan.
    What a disgraceful coverage of the Inters on Sky....absolutely disgraceful.

cisco likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    San Carlo backed of purely on the barrier, good tough win. Tribeca big again, going to be a ripper finale
    Gee.....what great racing without a sprint lane at GP...I love seeeing horses going half pace into the wheels of horses in front of them up the straight.

To top it off at the last break they play the Burkes Backyard theme song.....ffs.....is there anything more these imbeciles can stuff up tonight ?

• SticksSticks    548 posts
    never play the trots but thought I'd have a gander tonight...
    does this lazarus deserve to be so unbelievably short from 7? normally only see them this short when they jump from 1...
    Classes above this lot Sticks.
    Pressure to make the final brought out the worst in a few drivers in the final heat with all those in contention completely over driven.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Would love to see Have Faith In Me left with Tony Svilicich.

Richie with the all time biggest moz the way he was calling Therugo's race. Just let the bloody horse win instead of attaching 25 anchors!

God speed Okoka Kentucky.

jum likes this post.

I understand your angst Gilgamesh but my understanding of racing history is that a race caller has never influenced the final result of any race.

Then again George Grljusich may have been an exception.

curmudgeon, Gilgamesh likes this post.

I understand your angst Gilgamesh but my understanding of racing history is that a race caller has never influenced the final result of any race.

Then again George Grljusich may have been an exception.

All tongue in cheek, i was thinking the same as him!

Did george ever have and good collects along the way?
  • JayJayJayJay    7,628 posts
    Never thought I'd ever say this again but......too many people for my comfort zone at GP tonight (tic)....the joint was chockas, fantastic crowd, hundreds of people in the bird cage catching a glimpse of Lazarus....and they weren't disappointed. .....he was truly sensational but how big a run Have Faith In Me. Enormous. The Bull ran brilliantly, Lenny back on song, closed off really well, TT good again,Soho was terrific and San Carlo used his draw. Junior couldn't have done anymore with Alice other than pick her up and carry her, beautiful drive and N.Turvey gets the 3 Brownlow votes for his steer on Livura....Glass half full for me, a great nights racing, no pie throwing and can't wait for the final...yes, the draw will be vital, everyone knows that ...but has the makings of an absolutely superb final. And to top it off, the little mare I bought on Monday got the choccies at Kalgoorlie tonight, so I popped in an order for sticky buns as I went past the bakery 20 minutes ago on the way home.