G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 9 Non Members
Hey guys any reason for only 8 races? Is it simply a lack of noms or something else?

Comments

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    The M0 or Better race didn't stand up, plus no FFA because of the Pinjarra Cup on Monday
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts
    10 races at Albany, Pinjarra Cup plus a large contingent of metro class horses (approx 15 plus) recently sold to USA.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• KTQKTQ    319 posts
    JayJay said:

10 races at Albany, Pinjarra Cup plus a large contingent of metro class horses (approx 15 plus) recently sold to USA.

Denmark Cup also on, though lower prize money.
  • savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Hey guys any reason for only 8 races? Is it simply a lack of noms or something else?

Richard burt  hinted on racing radio that there looking at how the last couple races as a revenue  aspect,drops off   due time differance eastern states  Therefore looking at start times or how many races we hold on a friday night . so  8  racecards may become the norm. 
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,719 posts

Gilgamesh said:

Richard burt  hinted on racing radio that there looking at how the last couple races as a revenue  aspect,drops off   due time differance eastern states  Therefore looking at start times or how many races we hold on a friday night . so  8  racecards may become the norm. 

I dont mind it if they can get 8 solod races with no trot every friday.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    Best bet - and only bet at GP tonight - Hot  Fraternity - race 7 - skinny odds though for a 2nd fave

In career best form - horse has really toughened up - breeze and win

Chris likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Markovina said:

Best bet - and only bet at GP tonight - Hot  Fraternity - race 7 - skinny odds though for a 2nd fave

COT- further back Marko

PackedMetalPanda, Rocket_Reign likes this post.

Double for mine in the baby finals .....Has No Fear into The Inside Scoop. 
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts
    edited March 2018

Double for mine in the baby finals .....Has No Fear into The Inside Scoop. 

I remember a couple of weeks ago you liked sports central as a promising type??
    Gear change is significant tonight.......muppet off - genius on. $9 each way good value.

Hahaha that should get a few of the natives a bit restless

:D

cisco, curmudgeon, Chris likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,275 posts
    Race 1- Machrihanish           (Responder)
    Race 2- Zennart                    (Vampiro)
    Race 3- RunRunJimmyDunn  (Dana Duke)
    Race 4- Real Lucky                (Major Rush)
    Race 5- Has No Fear              (La Roue De Lamour)
    Race 6- PatrickThePiranha     (Our Liberator)
    Race 7- Hot Fraternity             (Lady Luca)
    Race 8- Golden State              (Speed Man)
    Offthebit  you taking petrol to a fire ha ha;;  Lewis don't  no his record in sale classic races but his won at least  seven golden slippers with the babies, when the big money is up for grabs  his not far away.
  • OffthebitOffthebit    597 posts

Offthebit  you taking petrol to a fire ha ha;;  Lewis don't  no his record in sale classic races but his won at least  seven golden slippers with the babies, when the big money is up for grabs  his not far away.

He is the best driver of two year olds in the modern era.....no doubt about it
    See horse racing at Albany tonight would have been high priced kiwi;; been off the scene for two years only got one start out of him back then;; Besotted  raced against  the best.. one start resulted in third to simply susational... from the r.w.green stable same as  king of swing old clacka might be
    twitching.. with the king.
    Voak made the very false favourite work hard early and a sweet drive. How did the Mac start odds on? Responder heavily supported throughout the call but was always going to have to do a power of work from 8 and not his caper. That said with great wisdom, I was on the Ninja Turtle
    :D
    Looks like Jailbreak tried to escape....inside the pegs?  Relegated to 5th.
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    VillageKid the only one posting their full tips? This is a widely followed thread!
    edited March 2018
    Say It Now for me in race 4, staying out of the 5th, many,many chances, then Shockwave, Rockin The Boys and Golden State  but it is a long weekend Chris, lads gone fishing? Speaking of which, gotta love the name of Patrickthepiranha.... Rhymes with Torana......I had a Torana way back....it wasn't called Patrick although it was called lots of things, none of them complimentary.

Chris likes this post.

2 bets, Raffaello, Say It Now, both E/w,   two seconds....warning warning, could be one of those nights.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Fish must be biting, talking to myself but Soho Interceptor's grandma was handy....Tailamade Lombo. SJS said he was keen to lead, he did, he won.....Jnr put the mocha on the fav, said she has good manners and of course, she broke up.
    Ended up adding Interceptor into my double with The Inside Scoop. He will win as soon as he draws well ...was a good run after burning early and battled on grandly....no cigar for the CMudge though.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,889 posts
    JayJay said:

Say It Now for me in race 4, staying out of the 5th, many,many chances, then Shockwave, Rockin The Boys and Golden State  but it is a long weekend Chris, lads gone fishing? Speaking of which, gotta love the name of Patrickthepiranha.... Rhymes with Torana......I had a Torana way back....it wasn't called Patrick although it was called lots of things, none of them complimentary.

I think " Naughty Don Rogers " sold me a 2nd hand Torana way way back

I was a trusting type unfortunately - never had a spare tyre in the boot !!!
  • jumjum    3,512 posts
    Your not talking to yourself JJ, Im listening. Just don't know enough about the trots to comment X_X
    Nor do I Jum, nor do I....3 seconds from 3 goes so far. Cap In Hand aside, the babies have raced very well, good education and sensible drives. They can be demo derbies sometimes the early 2yo races.

Marko, my Torana needed a boot load of spares, specifically a 6 pack of starter motors...actually a 6 pack of motors full stop. Hated that car, the 4 cylinder jobbie, wouldn't pull a sailor off your sister. Naughty Don eh....they loved doing their own TV ads in those days.....shockers.

Markovina, curmudgeon likes this post.

• jumjum    3,512 posts
    FARRRKKKK MEEEE . That's two in a row rolled on the line ~X(
    If your on Golden State, be worried, I'm batting 5 out or 5 for running second
    :-?
  • jumjum    3,512 posts

Nope no bet for me this race, unless I have a miracle throw at the stumps for a first 4

A 1973 Torana XU 1 will get you blokes @ 70 K if you still have one in the garage.
  • ChrisChris    5,219 posts
    Markovina said:

This is why they follow.

curmudgeon, jum, JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

A 1969 LC 2600 will get you heartburn, frustration and about 70 bucks....which after tonight, I would gladly take. 6 selections, 6 seconds.....probably killed off the GP thread on a Friday night.
    It aint over JJ..it aint over

jum likes this post.