G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 2 Non Members
Just couldnt beleave what i read this morning,regardingTroy Turner,there is no way he would pull a horse up,licensed  for 27 years,,he is one of the most likeable and honest guys around,this is a total joke.

Comments

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Was that in the hard copy Glamour? nothing on line yet.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,681 posts
    Where is this a story ?
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20180801/282179356891685

This says its a stewards enquiry..but nothing on RWWA site...although the Luciani one they mention is on the RWWA site!?!?

Sounds a bit over zealous by the stewards from what is written
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,681 posts
    RIO said:

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20180801/282179356891685

This says its a stewards enquiry..but nothing on RWWA site...although the Luciani one they mention is on the RWWA site!?!?

Sounds a bit over zealous by the stewards from what is written

I'm told that it will be in today's Stewards report

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Cant tell if i'm being cynical or not myself.!?!?!?!?!?..But i thought that was an okay ride. He held it up so it didn't get away from him. Settled it underneath him, stayed on the outside of the other one, got around the bend and bought the horse home in good fashion.....

Did one of the mice have his house on it??

Even if found guilty there is nothing for him to worry about. That apprentice that misjudged where the big white posts called the finishing posts are, didn't even get a fine for snatching 2nd from  the jaws of 1st on the post!!!
  • RodentRodent    7,045 posts
    I liked it and can tell you there was no money for it (apart from mine  :( )
  • spinkingspinking    3,748 posts

There is another ticket out there Rodent with $50 x 100 on it

• OffthebitOffthebit    602 posts
    If the horse was a 6/4 shot you would hang him for that ride.
    But it was 40/1 and the horse actually peaked on the run in the last 50m.
    Not much more jaggsy could have done. The charge is a disgrace.

RIO, spinking likes this post.

If the horse had of continued to push forward would have finished tailed off last

RIO likes this post.

• pluggaplugga    19 posts
    Ryan hill ride on magic Las Vegas should be looked at

hash likes this post.

• GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts
    spinking said:

If the horse had of continued to push forward would have finished tailed off last

I don't think they had an issue that the horse didn't 'push forward'.  The horse jumped well, and if he'd continued to travel at an even tempo, the horses outside him would have crossed and he would have been sitting midfield with cover on a fairly good tempo.  

I never had a bet on the race, but went back to see where my speed map would have him, and midfield with cover was it.  The times I have seen him anywhere near the rear of the field were less than exciting in regard to the result, so I would have been pulling my hair out if I'd bet him and was watching the race.

Now the notification of change of tactics may have helped here, but it may just have been a misunderstanding of what "obtain cover" was to Jaggsy.  But its not like he hasn't ridden the horse before.

In the end, the stewards need to show concern when a horse doesn't race to its normal pattern, and when that change in pattern is so obvious.  IMHO
  • BobcatBobcat    166 posts
    I didn't like the first 200m.

Rodent likes this post.

• SourceSource    75 posts
    We are talking about a very limited jockey here. I think the stewards think too much of him to be honest.
    Pinged the gates on the bit from a good alley.....restrained to last. This is almost never a good idea when trying to give your horse every chance. This is more common when a horse is first up and wanting a soft run so as to have a look at it without knocking it around.
     So on the spectrum of intent, which do you think is closer to Turner's ambition? Was it more likely that he was trying his best to win (and just misjudged the tactics) or is it more likely he wanted to give it a soft run and try harder another time?
     By the way, it's only won one of its last 15 and I can tell you they smashed it that day $17 into $7.50.

jum likes this post.

• jumjum    3,516 posts
    Rodent said:

is it more likely he wanted to give it a soft run and try harder another time?

By the way, it's only won one of its last 15 and I can tell you they smashed it that day $17 into $7.50.
    And here in lies the problem, Good on the stewards, there should be more of it.

Rodent likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    plugga said:

My worse beat all year, I’m still having flashbacks from last Thursday :((

plugga likes this post.

• SuperSnoopSuperSnoop    164 posts
    plugga said:

that was just complete incompetence and lack of ability...... nothing more

:-??

Manchild, hash, plugga, AceV likes this post.

• bradybrady    1,454 posts
    In the mounting yard
    Settlers looked huge and out of condition !
    Just Saying ?
    brady said:

In the mounting yard
    Settlers looked huge and out of condition !
    Just Saying ?

That's why they have barrier trials....just saying.

brady likes this post.

Barrier trials don't pay $700 back to tenth just saying

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,765 posts
    RIO said:Cant tell if i'm being cynical or not myself.!?!?!?!?!?..But i thought that was an okay ride. 

:-O :-O   :-O   A monumental moment in Racing Forum history......
    Rio defending a Troy Turner ride

RIO, brady likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts

plugga said:

that was just complete incompetence and lack of ability...... nothing more

:-??
    depends what the instructions were I guess
  • troopertrooper    681 posts
    And Troy Turner strikes on the first fav today

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    Murder in the first!!
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    edited August 2018

He hardly butchered it. Yeah he could have kicked up early on. Bit the horse had the whole straight to get past them.  Ive seen a hell of a lot worse IMHO.

• HotJulesHotJules    226 posts
    The horse was impeded and copped a squeeze early losing momentum. Surely you knockers listened to the call. Over 1200 you can’t afford any bother.
  • HotJulesHotJules    226 posts
    Rodent said:

Pinged the gates on the bit from a good alley.....restrained to last. This is almost never a good idea when trying to give your horse every chance. This is more common when a horse is first up and wanting a soft run so as to have a look at it without knocking it around.

So on the spectrum of intent, which do you think is closer to Turner's ambition? Was it more likely that he was trying his best to win (and just misjudged the tactics) or is it more likely he wanted to give it a soft run and try harder another time?

He was riding to the boss’s instructions. Nothing to see here. And questioning the ride is slighting the boss who is without a doubt one of the most upstanding campaigners in racing. He owns shares in the horse and has never given a horse a ‘run.’ As an owner and trainer of the horse he would be ropeable if anything was untoward. Brady is spot on. And he had a trial but was still a little folly Polly.
    Sometimes trainers give instructions thinking their horse can't win.....
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,765 posts
    or will not win