Race 6- Im Soxy
Race 7- Braeview Bondi
Race 8- Grinny Vinnie
Race 9- Our Alfie Romeo
Race 10- Gardys Legacy

Busselton Cup- 
Perlee Gates
+1 -1

JayJay, Gilgamesh, savethegame likes this post.

Comments

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Race 2 Allwood Glow ew
    Race 3 Captain Mannering ew
    Race 5 El Jacko ew
    Race 6 early speed Courage Tells ew
    Race 10 Alta Engen

Busselton Cup Sammys Ideal Henwood Bay Perlee Gates

savethegame likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,718 posts
    Doesn't look to be many in my wheel house tonight but here goes.

R1: Tip: Donstopbelievin. Mileys Desire a big shortener, who knows if that is some decent money or a marked account trying to have $50EW. I thought it was a good EW bet but no value there now, with the chance that Dontstopbelievin buries it in the run 3 back the pegs might be a good spot so @25/1 my BET will be something small 1/4 on No10 THEJEWELINHEREYE.

R2: Tip: Itsnotova. Another shortener. I don't want to back it but think its the best horse in the race.

R3: Tip: Saleahs Comand. I think it can get across, another no bet race for me.

R4: Tip: Brookies Jet. Definitely backing this one with at least 33/1 around. Unlucky last start should get a lovely run throughout. Bet. EW Brookes Jet.

R5: Tip: Handsandwheels. Will be cheering him on but probably no bet again.

R6: Tip: Im Soxy. Cant back him though if Mon Lillies wants to try cross him couls cook them both.

R7: Tip: Braeview Bondi: Leads and wins but not in my price range.

R8: Tip: Sir Galahad. Bet: Might back Machlani for a place with the others up the front playing a bit of cat and mouse early for positions he will just be sleeping at the back.

R9: Tip: Our Alfie Romeo. Another no better.

R10: Tip: Gardys Legacy. Like how this horse is going but at 100/1 I'm more than happy to have a BET on Secret Operation with a chance the 1 and 2 chop each other up, 20/1 to run top 2 is well worth a few dollars.

Busselton Cup: Sammys Ideal each way all day.

savethegame, VillageKid likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,786 posts
    The big stables down on numbers tonight ----bond 6.---hall 4. olivieri. 3.
    Greg Bond trucking along nicely for a 2.6mil. season. 10%, total stakes--- the next 2-3months with the young horse feature racing,to commence, is when Justin Prentices general comes into his own.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    You were robbed in R1 Gilga ....along with my good self .....Openyoureyes...oh dear

Gilgamesh likes this post.

You were robbed in R1 Gilga ....along with my good self .....Openyoureyes...oh dear

Yep was just watching on my phone and thought we are going straight past here to we are going backwards!

curmudgeon likes this post.

Chickens counted here as well .......ended with egg on face .....out to $26 was way overs ....10/10 drive until then.....assessment diminished rapidly thereafter. 

Touch of success 10 months away from the action,chasing a bit of egg, curmudgeon, leave it for somebody else at 1.70.

curmudgeon likes this post.

STG ...your omelette is served sir 
    Don't know what track record is for Busso 2400 mtrs but I reckon it's just been smashed.

Gilgamesh, curmudgeon likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,829 posts
    Bud Sidewinder 2:02.4.

Awaitinginstructions went 2:02.5 just missed.

Spoilt Talk the next at busso back to the 2030m I am happy to have a little go at the place
    Gilgamesh said:

Spoilt Talk the next at busso back to the 2030m I am happy to have a little go at the place

At least they drive it consistently haha

Sammyes Ideal still holding at 10s would have thought 3s.
    Relaxed drive sees him win can't see any backmarkers getting in his way, wait and see.
    After watching GP tonight have to say thank heavens for Busso!

Long live the standing start.

Who’d of thought that having handicap races could make for entertaining racing.

JayJay, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Awesome race.
    Well done to connections, 25/1 to go with it, somehow think owner, trainer, was standing at the winning post.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    Thought Nathan Turvey got that 50/1 shot up in the last.

The only dissapointing thing about Gloucester Park is that the races are too wide open, and there's not enough short priced favourite's, need more of them and preferably from barriers one and two.

Look reckon if they can achieve that and charge a few dollars more to get in, turnover will rise and the crowds will come flocking back. More fields of 6,7 and 8 too please!
  • JayJayJayJay    7,629 posts

Awesome race.
    Well done to connections, 25/1 to go with it, somehow think owner, trainer, was standing at the winning post.

Yes, was a great race and a superb steer from Corey, you will see few better than that. And yes, on course master of ceremonies Robert Hayward, who does a fantastic job with post race interviews and trophy presentations (a decent trophy on every race at Busso), was blatantly cheering old Proudy home along with trainer Kym Neal in the enclosure at the winning post. What a great hometown Cup win, great atmosphere and genuine excitement. Busso keeps on keeping on and as long as I draw breath, I will try and have something running their each year. And where else do you get presented with a tray full of home made passionfruit vanilla slice for the drive back to Manji from the Club Secretary. Bless you Pat Abbott, you are a bloody champ. Simply the best lil ol Trotting Club in the West.
    That little horse that can "run a qtr" just keeps getting better.
    Love the way he's been handled racing country tracks, stands, small tracks,really puts him in good position For later on. To run time like he did last night off the front,very impressive.
    Good luck with him JJ hope all goes well, can see him generating a lot of support in the future.
    Busselton Cup next year.

JayJay, curmudgeon, cisco, VillageKid, jum likes this post.

The No Blue Manna approach @freodockers ......it worked pretty well for him

VillageKid likes this post.

Anyone ---with what actually took place with the last race at g.p 41minutes before official dividends were released ------Did stewards give all clear----then they overturned it later---or was it showin as intrim?------ until was resolved. regarding a d/h
    Look the stewards report still has a shhd margin to gardys legacy--Just-saying if correct weight was signaled  then a blue has been discovered, and people have received there fixed odds multis.was the numbers .
    The result page Australian harness of 10.26am sat.morning shows gardys legacy has won by shhd. what happened.
    Always thought there thinking of paying out the fixed odds, they had everything covered regards them still paying out  wouldn't make difference even if a protest was upheld, but there is other things that can change the result.
    edited February 2020
    Oh that's a deadheat result, thought the fave had hung on outright. Looked a deadheat on the freeze shot, gone from a short head to a dead heat ?
    Its a mystery STG. The harness org results page shows Gardies Legacy  winning by a short half head.....the TAB site shows a Dead heat......and the Sky official divvie graphics 30 minutes or so after the race give the race to Jaspervella  Beach 
    The TAB site replay and run on vision doesn't give a a correct weight at all after the hold all tickets  ...just Richie trying to sum things up until it appears everyone vacated the premises.and the switch goes click.
    A total balls up.

Ridersonthestorm33, TrackBias likes this post.

Stewards release the official numbers via. Ritchie----Or did the racing radio take the numbers as gardys legacy winning and paid the fixed odds --2-4-6-.via Ritchie when the he said the margin has gone from a short/neck.--to a nose. in gardys legacy favour then sky has flashed  jasper as the winner couple minutes later----then hold all tickets, and not the stewards fault as the tab. has paid out on gardys legacy fixed.---without further consultation.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited February 2020
    Getting the correct placings semaphored in 2020...too hard ?
    Communication avenues have never been better - text - email - Instagram and Insta this - mobile phone - home phone - Facebook - post a letter - Twitter - can even still tap on somebody's shoulder - but in 2020 nobody knows what's going on, amateurish at best.

The old black and white photo finish print - they were clear and precise - remember they use to put them there for all to see at GP and Richmond Raceway, Ascot, Belmont too.

Some of the photo's today 8-| blow'n up that many times, just confuses everyone - like so many sports in this era - they outsmart themselves.
    edited February 2020
    How could the margin have been a short neck in the first place? There was a millimetre in it!

Would anybody think to question the short neck margin...too hard ? Keystone Cops and everybody will blame everybody else - end result - miscommunication 8-| but "it'll never happen again - we now have a process and structure in place" 8-|

Whilst on it don't send me another survey questioning about odds on favourite's - Yes there are 5000 too many of them and no it's not ideal how the best horses start from gates 1 and 2 and the bolters start from the car park... wonder if they'll ever get that.

TrackBias likes this post.

edited February 2020
    Hands And Wheels gate 1.
    Hyleexciting gate 5.

That's like saying here Winx you carry 53kgs and a much inferior horse 57kgs - it's that much beyond a joke. The number of times what's already the best horse in the race draws gate one or two is uncanny.

TrackBias likes this post.

Re Photo finishes GP.
    Last week Dylan E Green examined photo finish thinking he had won, subsequently not.
    Race 3 last night i sware Batavia On Fire ran 3rd, and so did driver as he stopped driving it out,, nope ran 4th.
    Race 5 Richie Bell calls Bill Haley clear 4th, nope 5th and he also was surprised to say the least in his call.
    Race 10 wasn't aware of issue until reading above.
    Is there a problem with photo finishes at GP.