G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 28 Non Members
R1- OUTBACK JACK was a convincing winner last start against the older horses and strikes an easier field here. Dropped back to 1400 last start which didn’t look ideal but he showed his versatility on that occasion and now gets back up to 1600 which is a plus. Backs up from last week and was a winner off seven days second up and looks like finding himself in the first two in running but can adapt depending on how the race is run.

R2- HOLYOAKE was a good trial performance prior to her first up run which was good enough. She got back and hit the line well over 1000m which looks too short for her and so the rise to 1400 second up looks ideal. Has settled prominently in most of her trials so up in trip with a bit of speed drawn outside, expect she may roll forward and sit in the first couple of pairs in running to give herself a big chance.

R3- Best Bet: CARABINIER looked set to win a few races this prep off an impressive trial behind Red Can Man. And did win first up in Saturday grade beating two subsequent winners before whacking away in 66+ grade over 1300 second up. Is third up here, back in trip to 1000m and back to Ascot which all looks in his favour and gets in really well with 58kg after the claim. There are a few speed horses in this but from three he should be sat just in behind them in an ideal spot.

R4- HOME IN FIVE looks a progressive horse coming off a terrific first up win. Jumped cleanly, put himself in a good spot and accelerated when asked winning with the ears pricked. Is second up here and rises to 1200 which looks a positive and draws a gate to likely find the leaders back. Bars plates on is an obvious concern but Michael Lane has taken his time with this horse so doubt whether he would run him if he wasn’t right.

R5- ZIP ZAM ZOOM has been really hitting the line in his recent runs and looks close to a win. Doesn’t seem to go at all on soft ground as almost all of his poor runs this campaign have been on wet tracks which he should be able to dodge from now on. Was a really good run from the back of the field last start in a stronger race than this and the step to 1600 looks positive. Will get a long way back again but can go close on the back up.

R6- HOLY ENCHANTMENT comes up in grade and draws the car park but looks the most progressive horse in this field. Was okay first up at 1300 before a dominant maiden win at 1600 and another placing over a mile. Now gets to 1800 which should suit and although now in a class three, this isn’t much stronger than a class one. Will get a long way back from the draw but will only need a cart into the race to be competitive.

R7- TONKATUFF has been putting in good runs in races that have stood up as form references. Beat Bad Wolf and Fasle Statement three starts ago and last start was third behind Tycoon Storm who has since won on a Saturday. Is a month between runs here and has run well off similar spacings in the past and will appreciate being back at Ascot. Tempo should be solid and from barrier three he can sit just off it and pounce late.
+1 -1

rooboy likes this post.

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,744 posts
    R4 Early move for Wakan Tanka $31 to $9.5. One win in 33 starts.

R5 Lollipop Lane had no luck last run. Worth an each way tickle at the odds... Currently $34
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    a wonder Nev. hasn't ditched him...1 win in 33 starts is not his cuppa.
    edited October 2020
    I am also surprised Lindsey Smith took on Lollipop Lane for recent starts when it had done little previously prior to last start improvement.

Well done Train for your regular meeting assessments.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Outback Jack look's a nice horse, but small fields have brought short price favourites unstuck before.
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,676 posts
    Was average late that's for sure.
    Had a little play with the winner but needed OJ to run 2nd the brick.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited October 2020
    Sin bin for life for the roan ranger. Its just a non winner

JimmyPop likes this post.

• loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    edited October 2020

Was average late that's for sure.
    Had a little play with the winner but needed OJ to run 2nd the brick.

Stewards report says returned lame, but odds on in those small field is frought with danger from my past history recollection. Glad I passed.  

Think Solid Azza first up can return to form here in a drop in grade
    edited October 2020
    I'm glad I have just watched the next two..Wow.

Just noticed Train tipped the 2nd winner nice spot mate.
  • thefalcon said:

a wonder Nev. hasn't ditched him...1 win in 33 starts is not his cuppa.

It’s exactly his cuppa

Flanders likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ who are the owners. none of his big ones, they would have given it the flick..
    Each to their own theories but how Zip Zam Zoom was crunched into favoritism is beyond me,
    B.Parnham v Banovic-Edwards enough said..
    R6 Rio Rogue each way. It ran a very good race last time it was dropped back in trip and it may improve greatly for the same tactic today.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,236 posts
    Had a nice surprise after the race just run, I listened to the race and spat it as I had taken Racy Ava out of the first four numbers to save a few dollars. Darren confidently called it then Holy Enchantment, so spat it but moved on. Just checked the account is bulging thanks to Secret Pearl running 4th.
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    Secret Pearl only just got 4th margin to 5th was almost 1 length

jum likes this post.