G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members

US Open tennis 2021.

Sport
ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,694 posts
Starts tonite our time, we should be able to find some bets hey DET? i reckon although getting on a bit John Millman(who excels in the conditions traditionally)might win a couple of matches at least, although a shortish 1.43 in his opening match he will be one leg of a 2 0r 3 leg multi "sighter" bet tonight.

Obviously Novak wins the mens haven't checked the odds bet he is red figures though..and on the women's side well Barty is in form she can win again i reckon?
+1 -1

detonator likes this post.

Comments

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Just going down the list TS to pluck out a short priced multi and here is what I have come up with. Not even sure they are all playing tonight but just getting the juices flowing.

Krejcikova $1.14 vs Sharma
    Jabeur $1.28 vs Cornet
    Kontaveit $1.07 vs Stosur
    Rublev $1.04 vs Karlovic
    Ruud $1.07 vs Tsonga
    Medvedev $1.04 vs Gasquet

No real form analysis just putting the the "dreaded first round" toe in the water Haha.

:D

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,694 posts
    edited August 2021
    Like it mate..short odds maybe but far better than bank interest which is ..well fugg-all.

As i touched on too a sighter is a good idea for sure, i like those of yours.One or two more mad shorties of interest are Auger-Aliassime $1.06 and Tsitsipas 1.05 which give more boost :D i may put those two in and leave Jabeur out i have not heard of her tbh or right now her name isnt ringing any bells lol One other women's match caught my eye Angelique Kerber is probably worth a bet at 1.23?

Thinking i will have a little more of a "risky ticket" throwing Cilic in 1.35 and Millman i mentioned and maybe just two women's matches + Auger alphabet and Tsitsy and the two ruskies.So...

Krejcikova
    Kontaveit
    Rublev
    Medvedev
    Tsitsipas
    Auger A
    Millman 
    Cilic
    And went Kerber for a 9 legger....lol

One guy i have earmarked as an upset prospect is Alcaraz an 18yo spaniard, plays Cam Norrie but the quince corporates have him at a measly 2.25 that is too stingy!!.So i will watch on and use him to see if i have my eye in or close to it by how he goes.

Look forward to the post-mortems TS.  ;)
    detonator said:

Look forward to the post-mortems TS.  ;)

Nothing like getting phuckedover quick i.e in the first leg LOL..not
    Millman-puss goes out in straight sets must have been happy enough with a 70 odd grand LOSERS cheque.
    Tempted to back that speccy Alcaraz but the radar might be off so i'll reload Tuesday or Wednesday evening instead.
    First Rounds can be risky. Throw in Covid and it can become a real lottery.
    Like you said….RELOAD and go again.
    Plenty of tennis left in this tournament.
    ;)
    edited August 2021
    Disappointed in Millman i guess(and Cilic who was up 2 sets to love, must have got an injury as he tanked in the 5th)
    I did however reload and have another 6 leg shorty @ 2.09 lol Collins, Kerber, Tsitsy, Krejcikova, Ruud and Tiafoe and it got up so happier now.Kerber and Tsitsy were rather lucky however.

Also my first upset saluted even though i didnt back him, as the Spanish kid Alcaraz Garfia pumped Norrie in straight sets.

Think your one has a few legs yet to play but going to plan so far.

Kyrgios is playing now, he will be going down his form has been pretty average at best and has an opponent too tough today.

Taken another 6 leg multi tonight.
    With boost it comes in at about $2.00.
    Longest price is Anisimova @1.36 vs Diyas.

;)

Same although mine is even shorter than $2 and idk why i threw Novak in 1.01 boosted lol  :\">
    his actual price on Sportsbet was 1.002..after Kerber trying super hard to lose i've gone shorter commodities on all sides meh..hopefully free money to have a couple of punts on the midweek races hey mate!

edited August 2021
    Haha. I threw Novak in as well TS @ $1.01 to boost my percentage on an extra leg in my multi.
    Just need to get past the first round.
    Usually find the form/seeds don’t stumble in the 2nd round of slams.
    I have noticed a lot of “golden oldies” in this years draw. Zvonerava for example. I remember watching her live at the OZ OPEN what seems like about 15 years ago. She used to match it with the likes of Serena when they were both at their top.

:-B

edited August 2021
    yeh same re Vera i googled her actually to check her age etc...turned pro in 2000 wow.

Yeh hopefully a safe bet tonite(i have never minded being on shorties they win more)win something on the ponies and suit up again tomorrow evening with their money.
    edited August 2021
    Bernard Tomic a set and a break down in a challenger event in Mallorca. WTF
    Hope he stays there. Haha.
    :-h

detonator said:

Bernard Tomic a set and a break down in a challenger event in Mallorca. WTF

Hope he stays there. Haha.
    :-h
    Yeh the vvanker stay there indeed.

Watched the last two sets of Nicky boy today, had a crack in the 2nd set but overall it wasn't pretty he was agitated etc not his finest slam effort oh well.Also noticed at least 6 or 7 matches men's matches scheduled hadn't even started and it was after midnight, got rescheduled i believe..playing so late was one of a few things he was bemoaning lol 
    Got both my 6 leg multis home on the first two nights.
    Feeling confident so I have stepped it up to a 9 leg multi. 
    Boosted the winning total by 45% if it gets up. Greed is good Haha.

[-O<

edited September 2021
    Good luck, I have an 8 legger lol and am 2/3 now after the Millman thing so all is good.
    2 of my legs Medvedev and Rublev are both super short, have thrown in the kid Alcaraz tonite hope that doesn't bite me in the arrrrse.
    Ruud the BIG cat stuffed my multi, got beaten by a neville  too in 4 sets ..8th seed/11th ranked my arrrse :-q

In better news Alexei Popyrin beat Dimitrov the youngster is a bit hot and cold but seems to play his best in the slams which isn't a bad thing(unlike De Minaur who does jack-all at slam time).
    Plays Dan Evans in the next round i reckon he can beat him too.

Unlucky with Ruud. I looked at him but a “hunch” said keep looking.
    My $2.70 9 leg multi is still alive. Got 6 out of 9 so far.
    Still got Joker, Sinner and Berrettini to come. Feeling confident.
    A lot of tennis betting to see it all get cancelled out by backing some cat at Musselbrook. Haha
    =))
    Funny you mention horses lol i have in my next multi Pike's mount in r6 at northam today Sparkling Jewel..and it's only 4 legs with Barty and the horse ring in left to salute.

Anyway you know what i'm like by now so a little rant if i may...
    Bloody disappointed in Ruud-puss who finds a way to lose 3 straight sets while my guy Alcaraz the 18yo debuting get's tested by a far more experienced player taking the second set but just goes up a gear breaks serve 3 or 4 times over the next set and a bit holds on to go through in 4..so i would have given him a pass given his age and first time there had he have lost.

Might change tack skip the shopping list length bets for the next round and have a couple of singles like Popyrin($2.40 is worth a spec and should be fresh)and see who Carlos Alcaraz is playing in the next round, likely to multi them up with a good thing or two on Saturday at Randwick e.g a good anchor leg would be She's All Class the place paying around $1.90 fixed atm versus having to select 5 of these spuds to get the same value :D

Love your rants TS. Some of the funniest stuff I have read on PTT.

I still may stick to my tennis multi’s for at least till the end of the 3rd round.

Some good horses returning on Saturday. She’s all class is just that.

I have had an early crack at Portland Sky at Moonee Valley. Currie sounded confident during the week. Hate Moonee Valley as a punting venue. But I am addicted to the punt.

Look forward to your next rant mate.  Good luck.

:D

Hmmm something plucked up. ^^^^^^^ Haha.

edited September 2021
    detonator said:

Hmmm something plucked up. ^^^^^^^ Haha.

LOL all good, hopefully your on the drink? if your not just blame the equipment!

Got the gist off all you said, Mooney Valley the graveyard is a definite worry generally but beware of the weather potentially anywhere from a soft 5/6 to heavy depending on when or if all the rain lands their saying.
    I like and prefer a couple at Randwick more Zaaki as well, one or two at the Valley though who i think will not be worried by whatever conditions are Coolth 3rd up in R4 AND, mate dont forget Bretty Prebble who has Taunting in R3, wet is the go for that 3yo.
    *both these horses wear the same colours not sure if that's a good or bad thing
    Reckon your Coolth tip is a good one. Could be it’s time to put its best hoof forward.
    Might have a little something on it for sure.
    Alcaraz Garfia stuns the 3rd seed and toilet cheat Tsistipas in a 5 set classic....  :-O :D

Is a potential star born? Someone for Rafa to pass the baton onto i wonder.....

edited September 2021
    Well spotted TS. Never heard of him until you mentioned him.
    I will follow his progress.
    Toilet cheat Haha. Love it.
    =))
    :)>- :))
    VERY winnable 4th round match too, bearing in mind he is a kid and coming off a big win and 5 setter you would think he will have a letdown at some point it's only natural.
    Hope he continues on i need someone to follow, our aussie men's players are all softcocks lol.
    Popyrin up 2 sets to love but gets rolled in 5 ffs, Alcaraz actually beat him in a lead up tournament.

$1.57 in live betting the joker when leading 2 sets to 1 and 0-0 in the fourth was a gift. \:D/
    I know talk is cheap but listening to “the jokers” press conference and on court interview, he sounds mega confident. 
    Medvedev said in the semi final he played his best tennis. Almost sounded like he does not have another gear which he will need.
    On the other hand Djokovic said he lost focus in the 4th set of his match and then raised his game in the 5th.
    To me Djokovic has got  both hands on the trophy.  Could be a blow out. Reckon this could be a statement match to say I am the G.O.A.T. 
    ^:)^
    I gave up days ago idk who Meds even beat was it that Auger fella? 

Was likely before a ball was hit Joker wins but when i looked he was 1.75 didn't think it was worth a plunge..though i could have just put the money i've lunched the last fortnight on the Golf on Novak instead lol  8-}

Phuck me. Misread that one badly.
    But in hindsight (which is a wonderful thing) not totally surprised Medvedev won.
    Saw his highlights of his win in the semi and I dismissed the quality of his opponent which is ok but Medvedev was striking the ball supremely well. His opponent came to the net and was passed particularly on the backhand side with venom. Also Medvedev doesn`t miss and can rally for long periods. Djokovic does the same so it is like for like.
    I didn`t see the final but I will check out the highlights. Straight sets suggest Djokovic got blown off the court ??
    edited September 2021
    I didn't even know what time it was on lol  @-) i thought well assumed it would be a night time final but from your post they were done by 7pm so yeh can't help you at all.

Watched some highlights but not many minutes was up 5-2 in the 3rd but dropped a serve when the crowd started booing him in his service games wtf?, so maybe it was indeed fairly dominant.