G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 33 Non Members

Lightsaber purchased by Darling View

Breeding
DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,678 posts
Lightsaber by Zoustar has been secured by a syndicate led by Darling View Thoroughbreds. He will be an interesting outcross to the many hundreds of Danehill line mares in this State.

Comments

• wedgewedge    267 posts
    not saying you're wrong but he is linebred sex balanced 4x4 Danehill.   A sire such as Manhattan Rain would be preferable as an outcross/ hybrid vigour etc to Danehill mares
  • The_BullThe_Bull    918 posts

Lightsaber by Zoustar has been secured by a syndicate led by Darling View Thoroughbreds. He will be an interesting outcross to the many hundreds of Danehill line mares in this State.

Danehill both top and bottom of his pedigree. Not much of an outcross for said mares ????

RIO likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,678 posts
    The_Bull said:

Danehill both top and bottom of his pedigree. Not much of an outcross for said mares ????

Danehill in the top line is only provided by his damsire's sire, that is irrelevant in my opinion.

As far as the bottom line via his dam, it is so far removed I'm surprised you even mentioned it.

I would have no hesitation in sending a Danehill mare to him.

Where he has a lot to prove is in his class. He wasn't able to secure a Gr1 win and son's of Zoustar are yet to be tested in real terms, so it is a leap of faith, but Zoustar has been a very good horse at Stud with 31 SW to date.

So how many Star Wars related names do you think will be available in four years time ?

• wedgewedge    267 posts

The_Bull said:

Danehill in the top line is only provided by his damsire's sire, that is irrelevant in my opinion.

As far as the bottom line via his dam, it is so far removed I'm surprised you even mentioned it.

I would have no hesitation in sending a Danehill mare to him.

Where he has a lot to prove is in his class. He wasn't able to secure a Gr1 win and son's of Zoustar are yet to be tested in real terms, so it is a leap of faith, but Zoustar has been a very good horse at Stud with 31 SW to date.

So how many Star Wars related names do you think will be available in four years time ?

each to their own, but considering how inbred Danehill is himself and both line bred at 4th generation, it may not be lending every chance of breeding robust horses that can withstand the rigors of todays training methods. 
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    475 posts
    A decent 2yo, no massive race wins but neither did Im All The Talk and he did well as a sire here before dying