G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 42 Non Members

Saturday Two Year Old Race

West Australian Racing
7 runners

Ryan Hill has five of them and Dion Luciani has the other two, dont think i have seen that before maybe at the trots.

Comments

• Mikes27091Mikes27091    158 posts
    I did notice that never seen that before either
  • reloadwareloadwa    21 posts
    Hill needs to get some return, he spent a fortune last year and this year.

Vincent_vega, Manchild likes this post.

• Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    475 posts
    He's having a good throw at the stumps thats for sure, i commend him for having a red hot dip.
    Not sure where he trains from in that heavy sand is conducive to getting those 2yo types tho. 3yo classic types may be more suited
  • GLAMOURGLAMOUR    683 posts
    I heard Ryan Hill moved into the old.Impressive Racing, Stables someone must have backed him up if that is the case.
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,677 posts
    London's Image bred by Bob Peters but didn't go through the Perth Yearling Sale. Went shin sore after her last run and goes into this without the benefit of a trial. A Headwater filly out of the retired broodmare New Image, winner of 6 but under performed as a Mum. Only produced to date of any note, New Age the winner of 7. Other two offspring bush horses at best. Headwater as a Sire I have to say is a bit underwhelming. Had just the six stakes winners from 287 runners. Three crops on the ground running and his service fee has dropped to just $13,200 last season. He most likely will end up in WA or some place similar. This filly would likely be OK if given time, so I can't really work out the rush. 

Smart Shadow by Shalaa again didn't go through the Perth sales. Perhaps purchased Interstate (I can't be bothered looking) ran only on the 1st of January so this is a five day backup for a baby. Shalaa has had 9 SW incl a Gr1 winner here in Australia but more success in the UK. He has covered 600 mares here when this crop hit the ground. His fee is also dropping as I think he is doing OK but not the superstar hoped for with almost half as many mares in this last season. Smart Shadow was 3.5len behind fourth placing and never got warm earlier this week not to mention more than 11len behind the first two. 

Champagne Coast is a full to Miss West Coast being by Mogumber Park resident Sire Safeguard. They retained a share in this 2 year old having sold the filly to Ryan Hill for $200,000. She had a trial back in September which was reasonable enough, maybe felt her shins and then a tune up this week over 400M where she showed similar gate speed to skip away under S Parnham who retains the ride. That is a positive but I regard Safeguard at this point as wanting when lined up against quality animals. I would have preferred to see this filly in an easier assignment but the barrier is a plus.

War Chant filly, Lyn's Star out of a non performing race mare in Queen of Gingers sold for $55,000 on Day 2 of last year's sale. Also trialled this week over 400M at Lark Hill finishing 2len behind the winner but an improvement on her first trial, so at least that is moving in the right direction. She ran around and when S Parnham got her straightened up she looked ok, but I would be surprised if she worried the Judge and will benefit from this run. I honestly think her profile suggests two weeks between two trials then two weeks to a race. 

Queen of Whispers ran in the same trial as the above finishing second last some 9len behind the winner. Being a Universal Ruler she will be better if left alone to mature as a nice three year old. A five day backup from trial to race I simply cannot explain.

So Fab is a Sessions filly that has had two trials for Dion Luciani, well spaced over 400M then 950M. She was ridden very quietly by Holly Watson over the last 150M  of that trial this week and again I think she will be better if given time as Sessions seemingly all need.  Again I struggle to understand why the need to back up this week for a debut race, there are plenty of opportunities in the months ahead. Watson rides the final 2 year old I will comment on.

Holly Watson stays on board the Deep Field filly, Boudoir Belle. Only 2 x 400M trials but both won with panache. She has a very good action when in full stride and looks a real nice type. Deep Field sadly dropped fertility and has been retired after 1039 live foals on the ground and seemingly doing a fabulous job with 22SW. Handled correctly this could be a very nice filly for the Stallion. Not having been to the races or even trialled over 1000M does leave a slight element of doubt but whatever she does on Saturday she will be much better for the outing. 

I don't punt so take my thoughts as from someone who used to buy horses then put them into the hands of Trainers and hope for the best for my clients. I have never ridden a horse nor trained one, but I have seen some nice ones and I would only want to own Boudoir Belle on exposed form. I think some of these horses will count themselves lucky if they ever win a Saturday race of any quality. 

Having five runners from one yard causes me concern from say the standpoint of an Owner. Surely the Trainer knows which one is the best and if that wasn't mine, I would be asking to find another race easier to get a return on my investment. 
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts

London's Image bred by Bob Peters but didn't go through the Perth Yearling Sale. Went shin sore after her last run and goes into this without the benefit of a trial. A Headwater filly out of the retired broodmare New Image, winner of 6 but under performed as a Mum. Only produced to date of any note, New Age the winner of 7. Other two offspring bush horses at best. Headwater as a Sire I have to say is a bit underwhelming. Had just the six stakes winners from 287 runners. Three crops on the ground running and his service fee has dropped to just $13,200 last season. He most likely will end up in WA or some place similar. This filly would likely be OK if given time, so I can't really work out the rush. 

Smart Shadow by Shalaa again didn't go through the Perth sales. Perhaps purchased Interstate (I can't be bothered looking) ran only on the 1st of January so this is a five day backup for a baby. Shalaa has had 9 SW incl a Gr1 winner here in Australia but more success in the UK. He has covered 600 mares here when this crop hit the ground. His fee is also dropping as I think he is doing OK but not the superstar hoped for with almost half as many mares in this last season. Smart Shadow was 3.5len behind fourth placing and never got warm earlier this week not to mention more than 11len behind the first two. 

Champagne Coast is a full to Miss West Coast being by Mogumber Park resident Sire Safeguard. They retained a share in this 2 year old having sold the filly to Ryan Hill for $200,000. She had a trial back in September which was reasonable enough, maybe felt her shins and then a tune up this week over 400M where she showed similar gate speed to skip away under S Parnham who retains the ride. That is a positive but I regard Safeguard at this point as wanting when lined up against quality animals. I would have preferred to see this filly in an easier assignment but the barrier is a plus.

War Chant filly, Lyn's Star out of a non performing race mare in Queen of Gingers sold for $55,000 on Day 2 of last year's sale. Also trialled this week over 400M at Lark Hill finishing 2len behind the winner but an improvement on her first trial, so at least that is moving in the right direction. She ran around and when S Parnham got her straightened up she looked ok, but I would be surprised if she worried the Judge and will benefit from this run. I honestly think her profile suggests two weeks between two trials then two weeks to a race. 

Queen of Whispers ran in the same trial as the above finishing second last some 9len behind the winner. Being a Universal Ruler she will be better if left alone to mature as a nice three year old. A five day backup from trial to race I simply cannot explain.

So Fab is a Sessions filly that has had two trials for Dion Luciani, well spaced over 400M then 950M. She was ridden very quietly by Holly Watson over the last 150M  of that trial this week and again I think she will be better if given time as Sessions seemingly all need.  Again I struggle to understand why the need to back up this week for a debut race, there are plenty of opportunities in the months ahead. Watson rides the final 2 year old I will comment on.

Holly Watson stays on board the Deep Field filly, Boudoir Belle. Only 2 x 400M trials but both won with panache. She has a very good action when in full stride and looks a real nice type. Deep Field sadly dropped fertility and has been retired after 1039 live foals on the ground and seemingly doing a fabulous job with 22SW. Handled correctly this could be a very nice filly for the Stallion. Not having been to the races or even trialled over 1000M does leave a slight element of doubt but whatever she does on Saturday she will be much better for the outing. 

I don't punt so take my thoughts as from someone who used to buy horses then put them into the hands of Trainers and hope for the best for my clients. I have never ridden a horse nor trained one, but I have seen some nice ones and I would only want to own Boudoir Belle on exposed form. I think some of these horses will count themselves lucky if they ever win a Saturday race of any quality. 

Having five runners from one yard causes me concern from say the standpoint of an Owner. Surely the Trainer knows which one is the best and if that wasn't mine, I would be asking to find another race easier to get a return on my investment. 

No other race to find though, 1200m race next week that is likely not going to get enough nom's to even warrant a field.
  • ManchildManchild    702 posts
    Where is Roy Edwardes when you need him ?
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    edited January 5
    Or even Roy Edwards  ;))  I had a little bit to do with his daughter. Nice young lady when I knew her and of course I was a decent young gentleman.  B-)

Manchild, jum likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,806 posts
    Manchild said:

Where is Roy Edwardes when you need him ?

Wasn't his two year olds explosive from the gates ---C B. Fahler in Melb. was the same race over,after 50m.The majority you couldn't find as threeyear olds from both camps

Manchild, Markovina likes this post.

I believe so and wasn't Cliff's main rider Stan Aitken?

savethegame likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    roy edwards, colours were white with a purple maltese cross. his 2yos were turbo powered.
  • spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    Which daughter slip

Tucool likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,257 posts
    Looks like Ryan Hill will scoop the pool in the first race.

Chris, Gilgamesh, jum likes this post.

• BobcatBobcat    166 posts
    Track gallop 
    spinking said:

Which daughter slip

Dianne. I think she married Marriott but don't hold me to it.

Manchild likes this post.

• RodentRodent    7,043 posts
    Early 2yo races worth 80k. Listed races worth 125k. What a joke. If the winner is Westspeed it earns more than a Listed winner. It's farcical.

Well what  can you say? Time was slow, walked as someone said.

Going forward I think London Image may improve slightly but I hold no hopes for the remainder. 

Give Lyn's Star three weeks to her next run and she may improve. 

Champagne Coast was flattered by the small field. $200,000 ? **** me............

Smart Shadow is smart in name only.
    Just watched replay Macca.said Lyns Star got up to run third on line, try second.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    The only 2 year old i remember back in the day is a horse called Caboul , especially one day at Flemington 
    Markovina said:

The only 2 year old i remember back in the day is a horse called Caboul , especially one day at Flemington 

Marko your way no search think Tony Lopes?
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts

Markovina said:

I was thinking more about a Fireman 

But Tony Lopes there is a name from the past . a blast from the past 

thefalcon likes this post.

Markovina said:

Markovina said:

I was thinking more about a Fireman 

But Tony Lopes there is a name from the past . You are thinking of Eddie Birchley the fireman. he had 200,000 on Caboul. 6/1on. Waterhouse & syd bookies got him in three bets.

Markovina, thefalcon likes this post.

• ManchildManchild    702 posts
    The Fireman, He was a punter that was in Victoria in 70 s ?
    Yes I believe so until he was told to go to blazes  ;))

Yes I believe so until he was told to go to blazes  ;))

Good one Slip. The Waterhouse put a kink in his hose and he got ???? burnt.
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    The Kingdom of Tonga's Honorary Consular General, Honest William, makes numerous mentions of Eddie "The Fireman" Birchley in his fantasy novel What Are The Odds.

thefalcon, Manchild likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    you don't phuck with the waterhouses...you do so at your peril.
    edited January 10

Well what  can you say? Time was slow, walked as someone said.

Going forward I think London Image may improve slightly but I hold no hopes for the remainder. 

Give Lyn's Star three weeks to her next run and she may improve. 

Champagne Coast was flattered by the small field. $200,000 ? **** me............

Smart Shadow is smart in name only.
    London's Image, winner from Saturday and Lyn's Star (second) are nominated to go around again in the 1200M on this Saturday.

I like Point of Conflict for Saturday. A Magnus filly that looks well educated and loads of ability when trialled at Lark Hill on 2/1/24