Who's Online

0 Members & 46 Non Members

Mt Barker 28th jan

West Australian Racing
C Parnham 5 from 5 today?

Comments

• ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    Beat me to it Buddy.

Hard to believe the Mungrup days are done when this meeting rolls around. Hopefully still plenty of grapes and gallops.

Russian Sniper
    On A Winning Day
    Dodge Em
    Far Too Strong
    Kohli
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Speaking of Chris Parnham and in particular his post race interviews.  I was wondering if he will ever find it ……. his personality.  =))

Flanders, Manchild likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    his dads not the most personable guy you'd meet...far, far from it.. brads the one thats a bit of a laff.

detonator likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,677 posts
    Honestly have to disagree. Neville Parnham has always been straight forward and reasonable and I have never had a horse in his yard on behalf of an Owner. I don't know where some of these opinions are formed. 

Personally I find all Jockeys guarded until they actually know you, either as a client or Industry participant. I think it is just the nature of their profession as so many people are looking for inside information and they have a code of conduct professionally. 

Best barometer I find for both Trainers and Jockeys, are those that are friendly and engaging when they have no skin in the game. That is, you have no connection to them and yet they are still personable. 
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Love Shaun O’Donnell in his interviews. Always seems to be jovial. I find Lucy good as well.
    Linda Meech’s voice is different. Haha.
    I would bracket Paul Harvey with Ryan Moore. They would be laugh a minute at the dinner table. 
    =))
  • ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    Great placement Supersession

JimmyPop, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    My Quote last start...

In the same race the horse that should have won was Missalfie. Kyra Yuill took off well before Penny Wong gave Hamas the millions. That ride was woeful. Yes if it wins brilliant but that is not the way that horse should be ridden. Might pay to follow if she is not on it.

Wins today at long odds with different jockey, You beauty. 
    \:D/ \:D/ $-) $-) =D>  =D>
  • RodentRodent    7,043 posts
    edited January 28
    Missalfie was way up in class too, from a 52+ to a 64+. Strange placement as it will cop 9 points which ensures it won't be winning again for a while.

Desperado, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    Agree and I spotted that but it was a weak race. Should you cop the full amount of points if it is such a weak event?  :D
    Handicapping is a joke. Musksha's Boy is legless having had 29 starts without ever running a place. It's an 8yo and just dropped a point to be a 53 rater. Tuscan Holiday is a 52 rater 26 starts 2 wins and 2 3rds. How?

bookielover likes this post.

• bookieloverbookielover    2,623 posts
    thefalcon said:

his dads not the most personable guy you'd meet...far, far from it.. brads the one thats a bit of a laff.

Wife is lovely, he's got the personality of a brick wall.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    yes indeed caroline is lovely..gets it from her folks, graham and maureen (webster).
  • Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    475 posts
    edited January 30

thefalcon said:

Wife is lovely, he's got the personality of a brick wall.

If i had a horse with Neville thats how i would want him to be, save the talking for the paying customers. I wouldnt want him singing like a canary and carrying on telling everyone how good he is or how good my horse is
  • meatpiemeatpie    418 posts

Think he is just a very fine judge of character.
  • sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    Jack Denham was the best..
  • MuldoonMuldoon    325 posts
    Rodent said:

Missalfie was way up in class too, from a 52+ to a 64+. Strange placement as it will cop 9 points which ensures it won't be winning again for a while.

Winner of 6 races prior restricts her racing to + races, and the only option on that day was that particular race. 
    If she were mine, I would have waited a week for the 58+ 1600m at Albany or the 58+ 1900m at Gero.
  • MuldoonMuldoon    325 posts
    Rodent said:

If she were mine, I would have waited a week for the 58+ 1600m at Albany or the 58+ 1900m at Gero.

Without this becoming an ongoing convo, for mine the 1600m does not suit that horse with 6 wins 1850m & up, and pretty sure the trainer has not tripped to Geraldton from his place that is a 1200km round trip compared to Mt Barker 560km round journey

thefalcon, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.