Race 4-   Tricky Miki,  Tenzing Bromac,  Blitzembye,  Hampton Banner
Race 5-   Never Ending,  Hotly Pursued,  Lusaka,  Chaco Eagle
Race 6-   Steel The Show,  Ardens Horizon,  Lucca,  Mister Montblanc
Race 7-   Miki Jet,  The Wildcard,  Galaxy Warrior,  Ira Poole
Race 8-   Bramante Steps,  Sound Wave,  Rockaball,  Cabsav
Race 9-   Shoot Through,  Mister Linton,  Euston Flyer,  Seeknyoushallfind
Race 10- Water Lou,  Xceptional Arma,  In A Wink,  Copy Cat Queen

+1 -1

sonny, cisco, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    A few at odds...
    r1n3...r2n10...r6n5...r8n8.. cant not let this go around at those odds and not have something on..

cisco, Vincent_vega, Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    No tips or bets at GP for me tonight

But i wanted to mention 1 race , i might as well mention it here , re the relegation rule which i think has been scrubbed in all states , but it does get a mention every now and again 

Race 6 at Bathurst on Wed night would have been very interesting - a heat of the rich Gold Tiara for 2 yr  fillies 

So you have the 3 big runs , Robbie Morris in front on the 2nd fave , Rickie Alchin behind the leader on the $1.50 fave and Luke McCarthy 3 pegs on the 3rd fave ( i did have a tiny tiny - like $5 bet on that 

McCarthy drove a tactical race - in that  he forced the favourites hand at the 300 consoidering there is a sprint lane 

But McCarthy got 7 days suspension - horse hung in at that point - the fave - stewards comment - tightened - contacted sulky , checked and broke - did get beaten 30 metres and the winner did dash home in 28 flat 

Would have been interesting if there was a relegation rule , and the totes were interim for quite a while
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Great work to the connections of Maddy Rocks, wins it's 4th career race in a Level 13 mares Free For All going as a Level 5 horse, 2 and a half seconds faster mile rate than it's previous career best of 1.59.1, so they have obviously got it going like a bomb and good for them...but...should that race have been a $27,000 Free For All? 

Could $6,000 have been saved by running it as a level 11 race? The highest assessed mare in the field was a level 11 and their seems to be one of these mares FFA's almost on a weekly basis.
    Is this the best use of precious prizemoney, is the programming reflecting the dynamic and flexible horse population or is a terrible handicapping system being made worse by unimaginative and repetitive programming?
    The 4 year old race for $50k for as it eventuates 6 horses? A gift for Never Ending? Willit go around at $1.10? Probably. The 3 year old fillies race (race 10) with 7 starters,  arguably the best horse randomly drawn in 1 is Reeds Water Lou  (winner of $220,000) whilst Abercromby's maiden Lunetta is drawn the extreme outside and is $151?
    Whilst there must be aspirational stake money races put on for the best horses (everyone understands that), can the Industry afford to direct preciously short funds to the top end of the pyramid? remember, we are losing north of 15 million per annum and that loss is growing as turnover continues to disappear.

Should there be a realignment of stakes to encourage the base of the pyramid before it all falls over? Pertinent questions I feel. Those viewing from the balcony seats are more than happy to enjoy the largesse provided but races like the 4yo feature and the 3yo fillies race are turnover blackholes and do nothing to drag back our long lost punters or improve the businesses bottom line.
    Keep saying it over and over.....the product is broken, it's no good, people won't bet on what is currently being served up.It can't continue.
  • MorganJamesMorganJames    175 posts
    Jay Jay Lunetta had to draw wide its ODM

JayJay likes this post.

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    161 posts
    JayJay said:

Great work to the connections of Maddy Rocks, wins it's 4th career race in a Level 13 mares Free For All going as a Level 5 horse, 2 and a half seconds faster mile rate than it's previous career best of 1.59.1, so they have obviously got it going like a bomb and good for them...but...should that race have been a $27,000 Free For All? 

Could $6,000 have been saved by running it as a level 11 race? The highest assessed mare in the field was a level 11 and their seems to be one of these mares FFA's almost on a weekly basis.
    Is this the best use of precious prizemoney, is the programming reflecting the dynamic and flexible horse population or is a terrible handicapping system being made worse by unimaginative and repetitive programming?
    The 4 year old race for $50k for as it eventuates 6 horses? A gift for Never Ending? Willit go around at $1.10? Probably. The 3 year old fillies race (race 10) with 7 starters,  arguably the best horse randomly drawn in 1 is Reeds Water Lou  (winner of $220,000) whilst Abercromby's maiden Lunetta is drawn the extreme outside and is $151?
    Whilst there must be aspirational stake money races put on for the best horses (everyone understands that), can the Industry afford to direct preciously short funds to the top end of the pyramid? remember, we are losing north of 15 million per annum and that loss is growing as turnover continues to disappear.

Should there be a realignment of stakes to encourage the base of the pyramid before it all falls over? Pertinent questions I feel. Those viewing from the balcony seats are more than happy to enjoy the largesse provided but races like the 4yo feature and the 3yo fillies race are turnover blackholes and do nothing to drag back our long lost punters or improve the businesses bottom line.
    Keep saying it over and over.....the product is broken, it's no good, people won't bet on what is currently being served up.It can't continue.

isn't the base of the pyramid essentially Monday, Tuesday, 2nd Friday night meeting, Saturday and the odd Sunday meeting , I mean yes that 1st race I'd hardly class as mares ffa calibre so yes maybe something could be done there programming wise, but as for the 4 year old classic I don't think the prize money is the issue , I just think maybe the move from December where this race is usually run from memory to the end of march, as for the fact never ending probably spoked a few horses from nominating turned it into less of a spectacle

Jay Jay Lunetta had to draw wide its ODM

Gotcha, my mistake but race should be a PBD. RBD just keeps serving up gifts.

LightningJake likes this post.

Agree on the placement of this 4 year old race, it is an open 4yo race, presumably a lead up for the Westbred 4 year old classic but that is 3 weeks away and it is a closed race? Think $30k would have drawn the same field.

The stand programming seems all over teh place. Tonight a Level 10/11 stand but for the Easter Cup, a time honored race worth $50k next Friday, it is a lower class level 8/9 race. Is there a case for the "flipping" of the these two stands (or heaven forbid, will there ever be room for a discretionary stand to apply?)  8/9 horses are not eligible to  start in tonight's 10/11 race.

Chris likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts

Race 1-   Three Rumours,  Beyond The Sea,  Wall Street Girl,  Ima Tiny Dancer

Race 2-   Thomson Bay,  Rocknroll Sass,  Adda Spoilt Major,  Henwood Bay
    Race 3-   The Miki Taker,  Hoppys Way,  Arma Xfactor,  El Chema
    Race 4-   Tricky Miki,  Tenzing Bromac,  Blitzembye,  Hampton Banner
    Race 5-   Never Ending,  Hotly Pursued,  Lusaka,  Chaco Eagle
    Race 6-   Steel The Show,  Ardens Horizon,  Lucca,  Mister Montblanc
    Race 7-   Miki Jet,  The Wildcard,  Galaxy Warrior,  Ira Poole
    Race 8-   Bramante Steps,  Sound Wave,  Rockaball,  Cabsav
    Race 9-   Shoot Through,  Mister Linton,  Euston Flyer,  Seeknyoushallfind
    Race 10- Water Lou,  Xceptional Arma,  In A Wink,  Copy Cat Queen

$19 winner for VK!

JayJay, cisco, VillageKid likes this post.

Sonny trumps him with a $71 dollar pop in race 1.
    :D

cisco, Gilgamesh, VillageKid likes this post.