In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members
sonnysonny    1,080 posts
My bets for tonight at odds..
r3n7...r4n6...r6n8...r9n7,,, 

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,677 posts
    $20 winner Sonny, looked at it, big class dropper after winning a better version of one of these 5 starts back but barrier 7, I thought, where is it going to end up from there? Answer is simple now, winning. Good tipping.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    602 posts
    First 5 races and not one winner in single figure odds. What’s happened to the so called odds on fest?

TimmyBee likes this post.

Today's Bible Passage:

Ephesians: The fruit of Life is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness,self-control and long priced winners. Against such things there is no law."

The moment odds on favourites and leader biased were mentioned, it was a certainty that both would take time off. The "odds on fest"mainly applies to Friday Night Metro meets where the ability differential in each field is much more reduced. "Country front" type races and $L5 community fields generally have a much greater differential between runners.

Offthebit, sonny likes this post.

In keeping with the odds on Gloucester park theme the last race has thrown up two of them no less.
    Between the two horses they have a combined 30 starts for one win. And they are both odds on?? Wow!!
    And rolled by a $51 pop driven by a young fellow from Collie, Ashley Shepherd, his first winner ever from just 15 drives.

Sadly, the race caller, at least on the segment of video loaded on HRA, failed to even mention the lads name in the post race rundown.

sonny, Gilgamesh, LightningJake likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts
    JayJay said:

And rolled by a $51 pop driven by a young fellow from Collie, Ashley Shepherd, his first winner ever from just 15 drives.

Sadly, the race caller, at least on the segment of video loaded on HRA, failed to even mention the lads name in the post race rundown.
    I wonder if John Hunt would do a race call and put it to the race, he would have had his name highlighted in his race book, circled and a note saying going for 1st win.

JayJay, jum, TimmyBee, LightningJake likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    Its amazing what happenes when you get a bit of a first four carryover, all of a sudden you can see a massive pool.

I wish they would go back to making it a selected race for a carryover everyweek on both GP on a friday and Ascot/Belmont on a sat-can make it a race to really target a punt.

Sometimes you have to think they have very little feel for what punters desire to get them betting.

jum likes this post.

Matt Young noted it all in his birdcage interview on race 8, the lads first ever drive at GP on Altair Star, and then came back to him for an interview prior to race 9.

The Collie Postie delivered the mail.

Gilgamesh, jum, LightningJake likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,848 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

Its amazing what happenes when you get a bit of a first four carryover, all of a sudden you can see a massive pool.

I wish they would go back to making it a selected race for a carryover everyweek on both GP on a friday and Ascot/Belmont on a sat-can make it a race to really target a punt.

Sometimes you have to think they have very little feel for what punters desire to get them betting.

I don't necessarily agree Gilga. Those that have lost their money on the carryover race are entitled to have first go in my opinion and will be joined by those betting on the meeting. If the carryover is on the last race that could be transferred to a selected GP race on a Friday.

JayJay likes this post.

Hey chariots apart from a match race how often would you have had two horses odds on in the same race back in the day?
    I don’t ever recall that happening in a full field.
    Race 5 at Bunbury tonight it’s happened again!!
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts
    Can anyone tell me where the Gloucester Park early quaddie caaryover money from last night goes to?
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,848 posts
    Offthebit said:

Hey chariots apart from a match race how often would you have had two horses odds on in the same race back in the day?
    I don’t ever recall that happening in a full field.

Even in the match race you could have secured black odds if you were at the right place at the right time for both Pure Steel and Satinover. I can only recall putting up two stablemates at odds on in a smallish field when there was little exposed form and only one would be backed. Never saw two at odds on in a full field

Offthebit likes this post.

• tonytony    2,375 posts
    AbbysAce said:

Can anyone tell me where the Gloucester Park early quaddie caaryover money from last night goes to?

Into the general jackpot pool. No guarantee as to where or when it will go.
    AbbysAce said:

JayJay said:

I wonder if John Hunt would do a race call and put it to the race, he would have had his name highlighted in his race book, circled and a note saying going for 1st win.

Good work from Ashley Paikos on the RWWA website:

VillageKid likes this post.