G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

Favourite Numbers

West Australian Racing
I take Favourite Numbers every Saturday - had a few collects here and there but unlikely to be in front. Eg 30 years @ 52 weeks x $20 = $31,200 "investment" - maybe got back $10,000 - but prefer this to Lotto.

However, point of the post is - often there are massive Favourite Numbers dividends - but never hear of any winners "stories" or how much pleasure it must have given them.

Are there any Favourite Number winners out there that can tell their stories or just the elation you must get for a small outlay?!

+1 -1

savethegame likes this post.

Comments

• MrDigbyMrDigby    48 posts
    I worked in the Leederville tab at some stage and setting up a $60 favorite numbers syndication. Got the lot one Saturday $130,000.

savethegame, goose likes this post.

• MrDigbyMrDigby    48 posts
    Reminds me way back when there was a big sting in the favorite numbers. Think it was in the early 90’s. It involved the Country trot meetings when they were included in FN. After the sting they withdrew CT meeting and was never part of FN again.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• savethegamesavethegame    2,857 posts
    Play Favourite numbers wed, sat two biggest collects 28k. 15k. Dislike how the allocation can change after the finish line has been reached Especially if it knocks the stuffing outta your tickets. Realise win units are still getting added to the pool in the run. Remember when pools started on Friday night at Gloucester park with the last two races, then Saturday night Canni ngton dogs , Country Trots
    I was knocked out with six winning favourite numbers on my ticket odds-on dog along time ago thinking it was Mr Toewyte unbeatable, but someone who already had favourites numbers altered the favourite , which made Mr toewyte win in vain. not as favourite them days 130k. They eventually changed to metropolitan races to stop manipulation of the smaller pools

thefalcon, SLIPPERGOLDEN, spinking, goose likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,846 posts
    edited June 10
    Rarely play these days but have had wins around 2k mark. One of my wins was the day Sunday Times printed incorrect winning numbers. Fortunately I did not throw my tickets away. I believe ex jockey the Irishman Tom Graham (Kabooki) had a good result quite a few years ago.

thefalcon likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    20,063 posts
    check your messages, slip....
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,846 posts
    MrDigby said:

Reminds me way back when there was a big sting in the favorite numbers. Think it was in the early 90’s. It involved the Country trot meetings when they were included in FN. After the sting they withdrew CT meeting and was never part of FN again.

Involved bookmakers didn't it?
    Not necessarily bookmarkers maybe in that instance ?but anyone that was totally switched on rough rule of thumb dividend would drop by half giong from 7to,8, , winning numbers by burning 2k. In the small pools could possibly make 60k. Difference to you dividend back in them days.

Unless you run into a doosra when I got the 28k. on eight number card the whole eight won dividend. Was 3,5k x 8.
  • spinkingspinking    3,804 posts
    Slipper when Tommy won the favourite numbers with think it was Peter Finger and a bloke they lived with next to the. Ascot Inn called Bugsey. They were in the front bar at the Ascot on the Saturday night and Tommy being Tommy . Started pouring jugs over his head and going off. The old bar girl Lil said stop being stupid you don’t even know how much you’ve won . Didn’t stop TGraham . Don’t think it payed huge to be honest

savethegame, SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,793 posts
    Neighbour in the mid 2000s won a massive jackpot, think it was high 200k vicinity if not maybe even reached 300k.

Jackpot of a jackpot of a jackpot.

Paid of his house and only worked part time from that point.

Old man has been playing my whole life that i can remember so be 35+ years. I think his stats would be more like lick!!! Gets the collect on "any 7 of these 25 winning numbers" type days.

SLIPPERGOLDEN likes this post.

Favourite Numbers should be Australia wide especially ,very attractive to older people for small outlay, especially people that related to horse racing & lotto with no restrictions on number of winning numbers and runs for approx 6 hours it's yearly turnover approx 8 million for the codes 2 million 25% takeout for codes. Imagine how big it could get Aust wide, tab touch has the rights?.won't share with super tab.

Manchild, goose likes this post.

Tommy Kabooki, prefers to have his favourite numbers on then being leggedup for Wellington Boot
  • warrenrobinsonwarrenrobinson    114 posts
    Had a bit of luck with FV 20k,10k and numerous smaller wins totaling around 40k certainly owes me nothing :)
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,883 posts
    From my recollection the only involvement so far as bookies were concerned is that the rort horse was favorite on the tote but unlayable in the bookies ring at much as three times or more the tote price. I remember alerting Bob Maumill to the situation and soon after country trots were removed from the Favorite Numbers allocation.