G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 18 Non Members

Comments

• RazorSharpRazorSharp    439 posts
    G Hall was found guilty and was very lucky, Turvey couldnt be found guilty as there was no evidence to support this.
    No one is denying Hall is a very good driver, clearly not the best in WA yet. Drives the best stable but his drives on the Eastern seaboard have been very uninspiring so far

Champion drivers are the ones who drive even better in the Majors, as far as a tactician I think M Reed is by far above the rest in WA. Best driver I have seen in recent years is L Harper, bloke had a stop watch in his head, sadly we wont be seeing him for a long time if ever.

With Woodley, it seems the wheels fell off when he got taken off Has The Answers
  • thetrackmanthetrackman    8 posts
    Razor you not as SHARP on your knowledge as you think!! i am a G Hall fan and also a puffer, A C lewis and Shannonn fan, and as i have said credit where credit is due and I m sure he has driven more Group winners than reed!! More group winners that L B harper at his age and has NOT BEEN DONE FOR CHEATING!!

Roll through the results and if you want to discuss I will be at the track tomorrow at the bar and you can shout "Trackman" and i will come and we can have a little discussion!! Look forward to it or lets see if you are just a jealous comp nerd who hides behind the keys!! I'm no genius just a realist so come and say g'day to the tracky tomorrow-)
  • SuburbanPunkSuburbanPunk    199 posts
    You two already know each other (the trackman and the razorsharp)
  • I would imagine theres more to it than G.Hall Jnr randomly taking a swing at N.Turvey than has been let on... :shock: one got caught, one didnt.
  • slipatiptomeslipatiptome    3,351 posts
    Forget the verbal and focus on the swing as you put it..... One did it and the other didn't :!: :!:

Hall could and should have kept it verbal and not made it physical. :idea:
  • SuburbanPunkSuburbanPunk    199 posts
    The truth of the matter is that both Hall Jnr and Topsy Turvey got involved in some share dealings through a third party and the hsares in question did skyrocket.

Hall Jnr sold his after a 50% rise on the purchase price but Topsy held on and eventually sold at a profit of 138%.

There had been ribbing about the profits made off the track and during the race Hall Jnr launched a savage attack on the manhood of Topsy. If you notice in the replay Turvey does unzip his pants and whilst not visible on screen it is believed (and confirmed) that his organ was exposed.

Hall Jnr laughed during the final circuit and quipped that his organ had better definition to which Topsy retorted something along the lines of " mine is in a sweet place these days".

There was more said but at the 400m Topsy said to Hall Jnr I'll race you to the line and the first one to the past has to was the other in the shower with everyone watching as this he said " would confirm who has the true standing of a lovely manhood".

The race proceeded over the final 400m and the actions of Hall Jnr whilst not appropriate indicate the level of discontent achieved passing the finish line in that event.

The stewards didn't deal with the shower incident, not that there was anything untoward that occurred in the seclusion of the reinsmens' room.

The games they play. Both very good boys.
  • I think you will find that N.Turveys physical actions were the reason for G.Hall Jnrs actions after the post.
    However Im happy to go with the scenario painted by the last post, much more interesting than what actually happened.
    said:

Forget the verbal and focus on the swing as you put it..... One did it and the other didn't :!: :!:

Hall could and should have kept it verbal and not made it physical. :idea:

Correct weight Slip
    Trackman obviously your not sharp at all

I never said Reed had driven more Gr 1's than Hall, probably Reed was younger when he drove his 1st though. :wink:

Pressure is what brings out the best in drivers, Reeds win on Tricky Vic was as good as you will ever see, unlucky for G Hall, he is a bad traveller, maybe the reason he gets lost on the Eastern Seaboard, so probably a good reason for Dad to keep winning doubles and trebles every week here

L Harper did the hard yards for years, and at his best in the cart you couldnt even compare G Hall to him. Hall will continue to win races and lots of them, so long as Snr keeps going

Finally this did make me laugh
    and has NOT BEEN DONE FOR CHEATING!!

hmm currently doing 6 weeks for what? cheating :lol:
  • I think WA have always had drivers equal if not better than most states, also think G Hall has improved more in a shorter time than most, he drives consistently better than most.
    For some reason I never give C Lewis the credit he deserves, a bloke cant drive that many winners and not be good, but I've always been of the opinion ( he is like G Boss) that he has alot of luck on his side. Gets lost when he has to breeze

When you look at K Manning and the number of winners she drives or use to drive I shake my head, couldnt hold a strong cup of tea, just drove for a great stable. B Gath, how he even stays in the cart is beyond belief. T Demmler OMFG what he use to do to Steelo was criminal

Think G Sugars is a great driver, but his mentor G Webster was at his best the very best in Aust
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,855 posts
    I am not trying to be provocative here but in my opinion, and it is just that, we have five very good drivers in WA in Lewis, Brown, Reed, Woodley and Hall with Shannon Suvaljko not that far behind the top five.

I would suggest that if the first four were given first pick of the Hall stable drives they would drive as many winners if not more than Hall. Kim Prentice's efforts over the last two weeks supports this argument as at this stage of his career Kim could not be considered to be in the top echelon. He has seized the moment and should be congratulated on his 9 metro winners in two weeks.

There is no doubt that Hall Jnr has shown great improvement in the last 12 months and ITMQ will give him the opportunity to show whether he is ready to excel on the national stage.

Others will not agree with my assessment or have other opinions but that is what forums of this nature are all about.
  • slipatiptomeslipatiptome    3,351 posts
    What's with Hall's whip action. Put some leathers on him and he could be a Dominitrix :shocked:
  • said:

I am not trying to be provocative here but in my opinion, and it is just that, we have five very good drivers in WA in Lewis, Brown, Reed, Woodley and Hall with Shannon Suvaljko not that far behind the top five.

I would suggest that if the first four were given first pick of the Hall stable drives they would drive as many winners if not more than Hall. Kim Prentice's efforts over the last two weeks supports this argument as at this stage of his career Kim could not be considered to be in the top echelon. He has seized the moment and should be congratulated on his 9 metro winners in two weeks.

There is no doubt that Hall Jnr has shown great improvement in the last 12 months and ITMQ will give him the opportunity to show whether he is ready to excel on the national stage.

Others will not agree with my assessment or have other opinions but that is what forums of this nature are all about.

Well said Chariots,
    did Reed drive his other winer in Melb, Another Party, I cant remember but B Hancock comes into mind
    Reed drove Another Party to win the Hunter Cup and landed a huge plunge with as much as 100/1 to available early.
  • Tsk Tsk people. Ones that bag success suggest to me they have had none. G.Hall Jnr, although given more opportunites than most with his father consistantly having nice horses, has still had alot of success with other trainers horses - i.e Truckers Ruffnet, Go West U Terror, Jay Cee Ess, Itsallaboutnicole. Imthemightyquinn was extremely unlucky in the Hunter Cup and I have no doubt that he would have won comprehensively had there not been a false start which in turn fizzed the horse up and he missed away. With the Chariots, the winner had a better run and Imthemightyquinn wasn't the best horse on the night. The Falcon Strike was taken east and G.Hall had success on him. The opportunity to go east only comes along once in a while and when G.Hall has gone, his record is pretty good. It wasn't that long ago he went for an Invitational Drivers Series and got his 1st drive home at odds.
    There are plenty of other drivers out there that deserve your ridicule and judgement and Im sure when G.Hall Jnr accepts his award for Leading Driver this year, he will have yous all in mind.
    You must be very sensitive Jimbob and you are reading things into this thread that are not there as I do not consider that Junior has been ridiculed in any way and he has obviously earnt his leading drivers award.
  • Have said all I wanted to say, people can take it how they please.
  • I take it your a idiot or president of the G Hall fan club
    also cant see anywhere in this thread that G Hall has been ridiculed, he only gets a mention because of his stupid actions resulting in his suspension. Ability wise he gets praise
  • said:

What's with Hall's whip action. Put some leathers on him and he could be a Dominitrix :shocked:

No not ridiculed at all. Dont personally know G.Hall and nope, last time I looked, not an idiot. (Correct grammar is 'an idiot' not 'a idiot').
  • No risk G Hall just mistook the laps at GP on Albert Jacka, whats the usual penalty for that?
  • BarneyBarney    5 posts
    6 weeks plus whatever he gets for pushing Hollywood out before the 600
  • kanekane    46 posts
    if he gets what he deserves imthemightyquinn will be seeking a new driver for the pacing cup

just proves even though he does drive very good he still ain't in the same league as a.c lewis c.d brown and the greatest of them all l.b harper non of whom would ever mistake the laps

these boys make/made average horses look good i think good horses make junior look good

thoughts.
  • thetrackmanthetrackman    8 posts
    Kane - it's easy to sit there behind a computer and have a crack. Why dont you grow some testies and atleast come down and say it direct to him that horses make look good or even better, come and I will have a discussion with you in regards to the topic in question. I dont see you getting on here and giving him praise when he parades into the winners circle. You are a small man Kane.

Mistakes happen. Jnr @ 28 years old will achieve more than the common driver ever will in a double lifetime. maybe go through the record books and see AC Lewis getting suspended for similar offence back in 89 which would mke him mid 30's.

You incomplete small minded pencil d*&k. that s what I think or plain and simple you must be jealous.
  • ElitistElitist    365 posts
    FWIW mr trackman, kane is absolutely SPOT ON, take the blinkers off
  • kanekane    46 posts
    edited January 2011
    thanks elitist
  • kanekane    46 posts
    oh and trackman i dont need to be jealous i can count 1 2 3 see :D
  • KingKing    264 posts
    Kane said nothing that warranted such a response from Trackman, who we all know is of course in the Hall camp.

Regardless, very much a 'rookie' error for such an established reinsman.
  • mattmatt    69 posts
    6 weeks, starts after Fremantle cup next Friday
  • kanekane    46 posts
    i know there not the most loved people but gutta give the stewards 10/10 for their decision it wasn't an easy one due to the time of the year but allowing him to drive next week and not the following week is the right and fair decision
  • KingKing    264 posts
    where/how did you find this out?