JazzHJazzH    314 posts
edited November -1 Harness & Greyhounds
wow - this should be a spectacle!
can pedrosa get the chocolates? - perhaps a cheeky all up into bobby
boucheau? :P :P :P

anyone have any early thoughts on the meeting? :lol:

Comments

• Check this vid out - http://www.lmsc.com.au/index.php?page=news&id=2311

One of the best preview of a major race Ive seen - the Baywatch beach run was superb by Ashley
  • chocchoc    788 posts
    said:

wow - this should be a spectacle!
    can pedrosa get the chocolates? - perhaps a cheeky all up into bobby
    boucheau? :P :P :P

anyone have any early thoughts on the meeting? :lol:

High Earner into Pillow Torque - feature race double.
  • PunterPunter    947 posts
    Kilty Lad into Hallpack Jack. Just get on!
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    edited February 2011
    Perth Cup

1. Liquigas - great run last week, just can't seem him being quick enough here.
    2. High Earner - good time last week, last years winner, will give a good show.
    3. Kilty Lad - tough win last week - but if he gets back in this, won't get it as easy home, going well, but will be tough if he misses the kick again!
    4. Pedrosa - will give a lot of cheek in this race - 80%win s/r - 100% place s/r this track - if he wins the ping, will be tough to run down!
    5. Accounts - good time last week from Box 1, but this is very tough, would have to be at the top to win this, place at best.
    6. Bramley - been racing well, time last week only average, hard to have on exposed form.
    7. Blue Goose - fastest qualifier and local dog - will go close and should be one of the first out of the boxes.
    8. Gold Heritage - awesome starter - good time last week, should be first three - very hard to knock.

Good luck to all connections and trainers with runners, hopefully a WA dog can take out the big one!
    The Galaxy

1. Mega Pixel - slow time last week and only going average, this race too hard, not for mine
    2. Hallpack Jack - needs easier than this, going well, and last week was good, would have to lead to win, hard to have in this field.
    3. Scuttlebut - time last week was good, can't have though in this field.
    4. Blue Lorian - Needs to jump better than last week, and has the advantage of being drawn inside Pillow Torque, would only need to jump slightly better this week to be right in the finish.
    5. Pillow Torque - Equal fastest qualifier but drawn outside BL won't help this week, with a good jump is every chance at winning.
    6. So Seductive - time was good last week, but from out wide will need some luck in running, very good e/w chance
    7. Bobby Boucheau - The run last week, was nothing short of incredible, but can't miss the start too badly this week, because of the strength of the field. Very winnable chance!
    8. Dashing Corsair - needs to ping again, if gets near the lead, will give this a real shake - class dog.
    2. 3. 4. 7. 8. box quartet perth cup
  • slipatiptomeslipatiptome    3,351 posts
    A great sporting irony was back in 1989 or 1990 when a greyhound called QUIT won the Winfield Perth Cup then sponsored by Rothmans.

Pretty sure it was the Perth Cup but I haven't found a list of past winners to back my memory.
  • smiddy197smiddy197    35 posts
    edited February 2011
    kilty lad and so seductive

kilty lad gets room to move early and so seductive is fitter for the run will both be flying home and getting choclates
    ________
    Jeep CJ specifications
  • NOTE : Certain comments on this thread have been deleted

Lets concentrate on the racing please
    After looking through the form again, I think Gold Heritage can win the Perth Cup and Bobby Boucheau to win the Galaxy!

Should be a good night out!

Good Luck anyone having a punt!
    Did anyone attend? My friend said it was nearly empty. The crowd all went home he said??? :shock:
    said:

Did anyone attend? My friend said it was nearly empty. The crowd all went home he said??? :shock:

empty?

I reckon 4-5,000 minimum, place was packed, crowd did disperse fairly quickly after the Cup/Galaxy, but was still busy all night!

Was a great night out with great racing, and GreyhoundsWA did a great job, just needed a few more bars! But overall good fun night out!
    He just said the crowd died down, and he was complex as to why?

Wasn't there suppose to be fireworks?

He also mentioned there should be more toilets there, and said the band was too loud.
  • KingKing    264 posts
    That LMSC preview is really worth watching
  • theduketheduke    284 posts
    The official crowd was 4,775.

An all time turnover record was set on-course, as well as a new record high for TAB off-course betting on a local dog meeting.

The fireworks were spectacular and a big crowd (plus 2,000) would have stayed after the last race depite a real strong wind.

There were sufficient toilet facilities with additional porta-loos brought in.

More bars is something that is being considered for next year but there are liquor licensing conditions that need to be observed.