• JazzHJazzH    314 posts
    punting on it della?
  • Nup - have no knowledge of UK racing

be good to watch tho
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    said:

Nup - have no knowledge of UK racing

be good to watch tho

Gonna try and have a go at making some money on Southwell races tonight.

Will be watching Cheltenham too. The big one over 6200m is on at midnight!
  • tonytony    2,373 posts
    said:

said:

be good to watch tho

The "big one" as you call it LL is in fact a cross country which has the least prizemoney of the day.

There are only 4 of these run each year in the UK and can be interesting as the course is very different from the norm. They run all over the place inside the "real"course(s).
    said:

The "big one" as you call it LL is in fact a cross country which has the least prizemoney of the day.

There are only 4 of these run each year in the UK and can be interesting as the course is very different from the norm. They run all over the place inside the "real"course(s).

Thanks for that Tony.

I find that part interesting about a lot of hurdle/chase tracks, not sure how the jocks don't get mixed up, with fences and runoffs going in every direction.

Should make for some interesting viewing anyway!
  • JazzHJazzH    314 posts
    LL - what bet types/system are you using to punt at Cheltenham?
    Let me know how you go- willbe interested to know!

Jazz
  • mcginty71nzmcginty71nz    195 posts
    the biggest 4 days of racing for english and irish jumps industry. watching awesome coverage from channel 4 uk at the mo, half an hour to the first. this is bigger and better than derby day. if you love jumps racing like me this is the best of the best once a year. awesome prices too, just like the flemington cup week where you get great odds for all horses because of the strength of the fields. D K Weld in the first.....
  • [DeletedUser][DeletedUser]    0 posts
    said:

said:

said:

be good to watch tho

Yes the Champion Hurdle has always been the highlight of day one at the festival. The cross country as it is now named, would be the old point to point chase from years ago.
    Still the best race meeting that I have ever attended.
    i'm hearin ya wilson, lived in ireland for 6 years, went to plenty of tracks there but never hopped over to cheltenham. schoolboy error that one. loads of friends and rellies in ireland, next family holiday back there will be scheduled for a march (won't tell herself the reasoning), cheap flight there and back and bobs your mothers brother!!! an awesome 4 days, the buildup begins months earlier in the press, a real irish vs english feel in a good natured way.
  • [DeletedUser][DeletedUser]    0 posts
    You may as well keep herself completly in the dark and stay for the Grand National. LOL
    :lol: :lol: :lol: i could kidnap myself! the ransom would be punting money for me. she'd probably only pay a fiver though.
    That was an exciting race! :lol:

I backed 2nd and 4th for the win - but should have backed the 'aussie'