G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

Pinjarra Preview, 20th Mar

West Australian Racing
PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
Pinjarra R1. Quality Lucerne And Shandy Chaff Maiden Preview - Gary Wright

There seems to be quite a few promising horses going around in this first event, some having their first start in a race, and a few others bringing some good form in stronger fields to the table. Yaloginda has been placed at all her three race starts in very strong Ascot company, she hasn’t raced for close to three months but if anywhere near her top she must go close in this race. The barrier is a slight concern, not drawn well in twelve presuming the emergencies are withdrawn, but on the exposed form she looks very hard to hold out, she may be on a course towards the Karrakatta Plate so would want to win this race to enhance her prospects.  Magnus Missile ran a terrific third to Moonsearch at Ascot on Mar 2, not beaten far at all that day, she has also drawn very wide here which doesn’t help her chances, but once again on the form shown so far she might be hard to beat today. Miss Saadi ran Ruling Force to a nose at Bunbury last start, she has drawn well and is another chance in this good field. Hurricane Coming may be best of the others for novelty punters here. A couple from the trials in Matching Motors and Hennessy Raider make this a tough race but an interesting one.

6. YALOGINDA - 7. MAGNUS MISSILE - 8. MISS SAADI

Comments

• PerthTurfTalkPerthTurfTalk    3,054 posts
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R2. Quality Wheaten And Oaten Chaff Maiden Preview - Gary Wright

A pretty good field assembled once again for a mile maiden, we normally struggle to get strong fields contesting these type of races. Vital Spot will be one of the main chances here, he was held up for a run last week when finishing fifth behind Fleeting Image, the first time he has been unplaced in his three starts, its probably worth forgetting last week and going on his previous two starts which were very good. Special Favour looks another big chance in this race, she ran a nice second here at her last start and will have no problems with the mile, in fact she comes back in distance from her last start. Trade Down is drawn to get a nice run in transit in this big field, last start was second behind the promising Cougar Nights at Bunbury, he looks to have a chance here as well, and Commended improved out of sight last start when running Bickerfield to a neck at Ascot, up in weight today but if reproducing that effort could still be around the place today. Hard to leave out Gina Gina and Low Flying also, both with prospects in a good maiden mile race.

5. VITAL SPOT - 11. SPECIAL FAVOUR - 2. COMMENDED
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R3. Chaff City Flaked Grains Maiden Preview - Gary Wright

Again a capacity field of maidens, there seems to be a plethora of them around at the moment, so it doesn’t make it easy for punters. One that has run two good races in a row is Hell’s Lady, she has drawn wide but possesses an abundance of early speed so hopefully she can cross the field early and either lead or race very handy to them. Jarrad Noske rides for the Ballantyne stable as he normally does, and we all know the white hot form he has been in of late. Hell’s Lady will be the selection in this race. Milo Miss has been selected a few times in this column and continues to tease punters with some pretty good runs without receiving a lot of luck, she should come into a nice barrier today and looks a danger once again. Summabetta has also run a couple of good races of late, especially two starts ago when third to Rose Of Choice at Bunbury, and one that I thought ran a good race last week at the Bunbury Cup meeting was Poco, caught off the track all the way and battled on well that day.

7. HELL'S LADY - 8. MILO MISS - 2. SUMMABETTA
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R4. Chaff City Complete Horse Diet Maiden Preview - Gary Wright

William Pike goes on board this filly this afternoon, she has raced quite greenly in her last couple of outings, hopefully he can help rectify that and she looks a good chance to win her first race this afternoon. Her last two runs have resulted in minor placings, she is drawn beautifully today and should race close to the front in another big field. Tell Me Nothing ran a good race first up after a long break behind Toro Express and looks to be a chance in this event, she was placed second up in her last campaign. Hartley’s First should improve on his first up run in the same race as Tell Me Nothing on Mar 10, and Industrialist is another who may improve today, has drawn nicely in the big field of maidens.

12. SENTENCE - 10. TELL ME NOTHING - 1. HARTLEY'S FIRST
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R5. Chaff City \'going To Broome\' Handicap Preview - Gary Wright

Cocky Boy has a terrific record in these straight five furlong races, he certainly gets his chance to improve on that today with Oviate not an acceptor in this field. He has been in the money at all but one start at this track and distance and looks as if he may start a pronounced favourite in this race. The barrier draw probably doesn’t matter so much for any of these today with the smaller field, Kevin Bohorun claims 3kgs so he goes around with 57kgs here. Interestingly the horse that finished just behind Cocky Boy in that last race is Painted, he goes around as well today but meets Cocky Boy 4kgs worse at the weights with the appointment of Daniel Staeck this afternoon, but he still looks a good place chance in this. Jack’N’Sam won well over the same distance at his last start at the Ascot midweeks, and It’s A Merc ran a nice third to Thunderluv’n at his previous start, an improvement on his prior form, they round out the chances in this race.

1. COCKY BOY - 4. PAINTED - 7. JACK 'N' SAM
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R6. Www.chaffcity.com Handicap Preview - Gary Wright

Born To Be Wild and My Fascination have showed plenty of ability and return today after a break, however they may have to play second fiddle to Lequest, she ran a very good race last start when only beaten a length by Finality, who subsequently ran a nice race at Ascot in a strong field last Saturday. On that form line Lequest does look hard to beat, she starts from a nice barrier in another big field here, so should lob into a good spot in running, she was ridden more forward last start so you would think the same might happen again today. Born To Be Wild has never finished further back than fourth at four race starts and should also go well in this race, another drawn quite well and can take advantage of that factor. The other two main chances aren’t really drawn so well, Seattle Beau has done most of his racing in the City but has been going reasonably well of late, but has drawn the second to outside gate, and My Fascination returns today, she was quite impressive last winter winning two races in a row at Northam, but unfortunately she has drawn the extreme outside barrier for her return. 

9. LEQUEST - 4. BORN TO BE WILD - 2. SEATTLE BEAU
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R7. Chaff City Choice Of Champions Handicap Preview - Gary Wright

This horse looks to have a bright future in front of him, only had five race starts and still a three year old but his form so far sees him as a good stayer in the making. He won well at Bunbury last start over the same 2000metre distance as today, is racing in a stronger field this afternoon but he certainly looks up to it.  A couple of good types engaged here in Carniolan who ran a close second to Assets’N’Cash last start at Ascot, and Antoccino who ran fourth to Red Mercedes at Ascot, so there is plenty of opposition for Mystic Prince so we should find out how good he is today. Back Pay will be one at odds that should run on, he has been coming home well over the mile, so the extra 400metres this afternoon looks like it will suit him.

3. MYSTIC PRINCE - 2. CARNIOLAN - 6. ANTOCCINO
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R8. Chaff City-pinjarra Classic Preview - Gary Wright

It looks like a repeat of the Bunbury Stakes here with the first three placegetters buttering up again for the Chaff City Classic. In Faith gets the chance to turn the tables on Pin Rouge here with a 2kg turnaround in the weights, this race is an extra 100metres as well, another variable to throw in, although maybe it doesn’t favour either horse. The ½ head margin in the Bunbury Stakes is very little as we know, so the 2kgs may prove the decisive factor for In Faith today. The other one right in this must be Vermeer, he was right with the other two in the Bunbury race, also meets Pin Rouge 2kgs better and has to be a big chance also. Vermeer did beat In Faith home at Ascot on Feb 16 so it is very difficult to split the three of these here. Kerrific should run a better race today, she has won two races from two starts on this circuit and should be coming home nicely.

7. IN FAITH - 2. PIN ROUGE(NZ) - 11. VERMEER
    edited March 2013
    Pinjarra R9. Pinjarra Cup 24 March Be There Handicap Preview - Gary Wright

Sometimes the class one events are harder to pick than the maiden races,  a lot of these have won one race from quite a few starts, so it makes it difficult to suggest anything really, maybe just a few for quaddie punters who dont play the field. Ellavamoment  has run a couple of minor placings at Ascot recently and has drawn nicely, he will be the selection in this wide open affair. Tuff As Rust won here last start but does rise a massive 5kgs on that performance, if he can run up to his last start he may still be about the place. Friars Luck also ran a great race last start behind Pure Glamour at Ascot, which was a vast improvement on his previous form. Monemvasia has been a little unlucky since a win at Albany on Feb 10, she may be another to throw into the final leg of todays quaddie.

1. ELLAVAMOMENT - 6. TUFF AS RUST - 4. FRIAR'S LUCK
  • senseisensei    100 posts
    Race 1 Yaloginda and Magnus Missile have drawn well, not poorly as the preview states.
  • careycarey    6,369 posts
    edited March 2013
    1 ALREADY FAMOUS 10.3
    2 CHANCERY 25.3
    3 CORRIE'S A STAR 43.3
    4 HENNESSY RAIDER 12.9
    5 MATCHING MOTORS 15.0
    6 YALOGINDA 4.7
    8 MISS SAADI 23.6
    9 AELLO 12.9
    10 FINESSE 17.9
    11 HIT THE STUMPS 13.7
    12 HURRICANE COMING 7.7
    13 PURE METEOR 20.2
    14 SLIDING SCALE 18.0

1 HOLY RIGHT 254.9
    2 COMMENDED 19.6
    3 BASE TRADE 9.8
    5 VITAL SPOT 7.0
    6 TRADE DOWN 5.7
    7 HARDWOOD 11.5
    8 BLACKSPACE 70.0
    9 ALLINONE 664.8
    10 FIVE FATHOM 49.9
    11 SPECIAL FAVOUR 15.0
    12 GINA GINA 8.9
    13 LOW FLYING 9.2
    14 MAGICAL MAK 72.1
    16 LESHABON 15.2
    17 ROCKY'S REWARD 45.3
    18 QUINTESSENCE 91.1

1 VINCENTE 36.2
    2 SUMMABETTA 17.8
    3 DE LADY'S MAN 59.0
    5 DYLAN AIL DON 23.5
    6 ZYGOSIS 68.9
    7 HELL'S LADY 7.7
    8 MILO MISS 7.7
    9 BISCABEEL 9.2
    10 RUBITORIO 25.9
    11 POCO 7.7
    12 PARIS CHASE 24.3
    13 SWINGING POPPI 206.0
    14 THREAD LOCK 15.7
    15 CELEBRITY FIX 7.4
    16 FLYING COCO 24.4
    17 CASHED UP JIMMY 49.3

1 HARTLEY'S FIRST 9.4
    2 INTERLOPER 17.1
    3 SPRINGSTON 104.2
    4 CLASSICO 45.0
    5 DIAMOND GURU 74.2
    6 INDUSTRIALIST 22.3
    7 TUSCAN REIGN 19.3
    8 VOLENTI 34.8
    9 QUEEN OF QUILTS 12.0
    10 TELL ME NOTHING 7.0
    11 WEST RIVER BILLIE 87.9
    12 SENTENCE 6.6
    13 SAXON QUEEN 29.2
    14 BARELY RICH 7.7
    15 SECRET WISHES 24.8
    16 SHARP TURN 13.8

1 COCKY BOY 4.0
    2 ENRICHING 9.5
    3 MISS LEGACY 14.6
    4 PAINTED 5.2
    5 IT'S A MERC 27.8
    6 OUTLIER 22.2
    7 JACK 'N' SAM 11.9
    8 LORD BALTHAZAR 6.5
    9 IZJALU 38.6
    10 THE PIPE 27.7

1 MELODY LADY 29.2
    2 SEATTLE BEAU 14.1
    3 ANTELPEN 11.4
    4 BORN TO BE WILD 3.8
    5 CLASSIC KNOWLEDGE 29.7
    6 MY FASCINATION 6.9
    7 BLACK GRAPE 10.7
    8 TOWN CHAMPION 41.4
    9 LEQUEST 6.1
    10 WIZARDS POINT 26.4
    12 SAMMARTINI 192.9
    14 MOSHAYER 33.3
    15 YERAKINA 121.4

1 WILD TIMES 6.9
    2 CARNIOLAN 13.6
    3 MYSTIC PRINCE 3.7
    4 THE PURPLE PARROT 38.5
    5 NAMISUKI 7.5
    6 ANTOCCINO 12.2
    7 RAISING DUBAI 13.7
    8 REVERB 9.1
    9 BACK PAY 23.8
    10 FOURWHITESOCKS 161.7
    11 BAR LOVER 159.3
    12 REDOUT'S DIAMOND 36.8
    13 RIVERBANK FRANK 118.9

1 MABEL GRACE 10.8
    2 PIN ROUGE 4.1
    3 AMELIAS DANCER 12.0
    4 BITES THE DUST 40.7
    5 KERRIFIC 6.7
    6 TRUSTEE BROWN 10.5
    7 IN FAITH 12.5
    8 MIRRANNON 73.6
    9 OUR OL' FELLA 45.4
    11 VERMEER 5.0

1 ELLAVAMOMENT 6.5
    2 LEONORA LARRIKEN 16.2
    3 STEPPIN WEAPON 9.2
    4 FRIAR'S LUCK 11.7
    5 SMART AS A FOX 7.2
    6 TUFF AS RUST 8.8
    7 WOODSVILLE 45.0
    8 LORDAARBI 20.4
    9 MONEMVASIA 13.7
    10 CANTIC 32.2
    11 KILAT 31.0
    12 MINDOVSKI 91.7
    13 BARBARA FAY 56.4
    14 DREAM SEQUENCE 43.9
    15 ENDLESS SPIN 255.0
    16 GONDIGGIN 13.4

last one maybe.

Tucool likes this post.

• darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Can Mystic Prince win the Derby?
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts

You tell me ??
  • BobbyDavisBobbyDavis    916 posts
    Did Pikey get time on Vermeer?

Did Pikey get time on Vermeer?

What for riding it 11/10 ;)
    edited March 2013
    Ah yeah.... thats the one. Did you see the head-on?

Yeah thats the one

I just watched replay and didnt see much but again you tell me were the trouble was and i will have another look

TBH DS i thought he was ridden a trteat today and got there by less than a length i understand he is a 3 yold but dont no if the Derby winner was running around today at Pinny the horse can stay and probably better than most but reckon he lacks brilliance
    dungy said:

Yeah thats the one

I just watched replay and didnt see much but again you tell me were the trouble was and i will have another look
    Where he shifted off the fence approx 300 from home. Looked like he caused Amelias Dancer to have to check. I didn't see the head-on by the way.

dungy said:

Yeah thats the one

Where he shifted off the fence approx 300 from home. Looked like he caused Amelias Dancer to have to check. I didn't see the head-on by the way.
    OK yeh i did see that but im not a steward and im tipping your not either ,but wasnt it a ride and a half
    dungy said:

dungy said:

Yeah thats the one

OK yeh i did see that but im not a steward and im tipping your not either ,but wasnt it a ride and a half
    You and your Willie are back in love after that ride this arvo! It was good for sure. Macca must have had a fiver each way for labelling it "one of the best you will see". Not sure if it rates that highly but credit where it is due.
    And your tip is correct I am not a steward otherwise I'd probably know whether or not he got time!

Why don't you just roll over and ask him? :x

RIO, carey likes this post.

And your tip is correct I am not a steward otherwise I'd probably know whether or not he got time!

Why don't you just roll over and ask him? :x

:))
    Thats why i asked you as our stewards wouldnt no if there frekles were on fire probably still looking for S Edwards more than likley went to the wrong Asian county they have NFI that mob

BobbyDavis likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    three blind mice, see how they run with o'reilly chasing with the dark glasses and white sticks....
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    vermeer, was in the tab about 2pm, 6 both tote and fixed....i thought it would firm with the pike factor so went fixed at 6's.....6,80 on the tote...win some and lose some..only missed out on 40 bucks...

RIO likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    Any price a winner falc $-)

dungy said:

Yeah thats the one

General: On Inquiry it was established that near the 200m AMELIAS DANCER (J. Whiting) when improving to the outside of VERMEER (W. Pike) as that gelding commenced to shift outwards after being held up, became impeded and was steadied and then shifted inwards. Jockey W. Pike was reprimanded for careless riding under ARR.137(a) for allowing his mount to shift outwards when insufficiently clear.
    An Inquiry was held into the reason for IN FAITH (Jarrad Noske) being tightened and restrained near the 200m. It was established that IN FAITH became unbalanced slightly when racing to the inside of TRUSTEE BROWN (T. Turner) and made slight contact with that gelding and then had a tendency to shift away from MIRRANNON (P. Carbery) which was shifting outwards. MIRRANNON continued to shift out when laying outwards causing IN FAITH then to be tightened and restrained. Jockey P. Carbery was reprimanded for careless riding under ARR.137(a) for allowing his mount to shift outwards and failing to make sufficient effort to keep it straight.

dungy said:

Yeah thats the one

General: On Inquiry it was established that near the 200m AMELIAS DANCER (J. Whiting) when improving to the outside of VERMEER (W. Pike) as that gelding commenced to shift outwards after being held up, became impeded and was steadied and then shifted inwards. Jockey W. Pike was reprimanded for careless riding under ARR.137(a) for allowing his mount to shift outwards when insufficiently clear.
    An Inquiry was held into the reason for IN FAITH (Jarrad Noske) being tightened and restrained near the 200m. It was established that IN FAITH became unbalanced slightly when racing to the inside of TRUSTEE BROWN (T. Turner) and made slight contact with that gelding and then had a tendency to shift away from MIRRANNON (P. Carbery) which was shifting outwards. MIRRANNON continued to shift out when laying outwards causing IN FAITH then to be tightened and restrained. Jockey P. Carbery was reprimanded for careless riding under ARR.137(a) for allowing his mount to shift outwards and failing to make sufficient effort to keep it straight.
    And your point being Bobby ?? he didnt get time
  • Piston_BrokePiston_Broke    2,047 posts
    Still getting Diplomatic Immunity