In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 37 Non Members

Pinjarra Thursday

West Australian Racing

Comments

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    carey said:

great ride by pike in race 5, anybody else and it probably wins.

Yehhhh maybe your mate Kyra :))

Because there was a better run in the race than Daina

If they went another 500m the winner would have won by 10L its last 600m was race best your blokes run was good but couldnt seeing him  beating the winner he looks well above avg and his last furlong was by far his best he ran through the line big time
  • careycarey    6,369 posts
    dungy said:

carey said:

anybody else would have sufficed i think dungy.
    it was the ride of an amateur, and yes kyra would likely have done the job, certainly she could not have done any worse.
    maybe he thought he was on bernborough, or marasco, not some scrubber.

carey said:

dungy said:

carey said:

anybody else would have sufficed i think dungy.
    it was the ride of an amateur, and yes kyra would likely have done the job, certainly she could not have done any worse.
    maybe he thought he was on bernborough, or marasco, not some scrubber.

She could have done the job  better :)) and just how are those great stats of hers doing that you mention of late  GWS in the afl have better numbers

Just you go and watch the ride on Andis Boy and tell me your thoughts wiseman which by the way drew 1 but hey they all make mistakes even the Wiz and Ponty

:))
    the difference is that one was a 10/1 shot beaten a head, and the other was a 6/4 chance that was obvious after 200 metres had buckley's and none.
    the other difference is that she may have found trouble in the run, pike didn't need any help to stuff his ride up.
    he did it all on his own.
    edited June 2013
    oh and those prices were my own by the way.
    the one that beat andi's boy was a 9/2 chance.

• TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    dungy said:

If they went another 500m the winner would have won by 10L its last 600m was race best your blokes run was good but couldnt seeing him  beating the winner he looks well above avg and his last furlong was by far his best he ran through the line big time
    Yep, winner would have definitely won by further if they went longer. So it should after a gun run 1 out, 2 back not spending a penny. The other horse was 4 wide the trip, working forward around the bend so peaked on its run 100 out.
    So I hope the winner is up to Saturday class! But to be honest I don't think it was that strong a maiden field.
    The time was 1/2 sec quicker than the other division, but slightly slower than the class 1 in race 8.
  • senseisensei    100 posts
    thats the point funk.

the class one winner in race 8 was also a very good run probably better than race 4.

anyhow like i said i'll take a look at the replay and if it is as good as you say i'll have something on next start for sure.

dungy said:

Yep, winner would have definitely won by further if they went longer. So it should after a gun run 1 out, 2 back not spending a penny. The other horse was 4 wide the trip, working forward around the bend so peaked on its run 100 out.
    So I hope the winner is up to Saturday class! But to be honest I don't think it was that strong a maiden field.

The time was 1/2 sec quicker than the other division, but slightly slower than the class 1 in race 8.
    Agree Funk your bloke did do some work i might need to stick to pay you the $200 i will hopefully owe you :)
    carey said:

the difference is that one was a 10/1 shot beaten a head, and the other was a 6/4 chance that was obvious after 200 metres had buckley's and none.
    the other difference is that she may have found trouble in the run, pike didn't need any help to stuff his ride up.

May have found trouble  :))

Pike rode 2 $8 shots yesterday back to back thats more than she has ridden in a month

dungy said:

carey said:

Pike rode 2 $8 shots yesterday back to back thats more than she has ridden in a month

but dungy dear, it was you that brought up ky.
    pike is obviously a better rider than she is, your'e just muddying the water!!
    and despite there being no reason to slaughter bellay, pike did just that, despite jumping ok.
    carey said:

dungy said:

carey said:

but dungy dear, it was you that brought up ky.
    pike is obviously a better rider than she is, your'e just muddying the water!!
    and despite there being no reason to slaughter bellay, pike did just that, despite jumping ok.
    Carey dear :))
    just spreading a little love dungy.
    after rio called me an obnoxious knob yesterday, i thought it much nicer to address people politely.
    it's irrelevant that rio is correct. :-*

oh and yes, ky does have one big fault that some riders do.
    she tends to get too far back too often, but even she would not have had bellay half a furlong behind the ambulance yesterday.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    RIO said:

carey said:

yes, i am not happy!
    and if whatever the reason i can no longer post my prices on ptt didn't happen, then i could be everybody's hero.
    and bask in the adulation! =)) =))
    king carey! @-) =))

piss off you obnoxious knob and your smart alec mate......after yesterday i was committted to not playing, and you pair of clowns know what that has cost me!!!!
    ~X(
    I think it is important to highlight that the above statement was made under duress and only reflects my need to find someone else to blame for letting work get in the way of what i really enjoy doing
    oh come on rio, it's too late to backtrack.
    even i know that carey is an obnoxious knob, and a clown to boot.=))

Severedheads likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts

Didn't say i was backtracking!!!...just that i normally keep those thoughts to myself.. :D

And when i re-read it, i did think it was important to remember the clown statement!!!! In the context of the KY and WP chat you and Dungy were having...

Kyra has just been starved of opportunities, yet her style is a copy of several top 10 jockeys and they get so many rides(which they regularly misjudge) an she gets so few.. Don't know why people with horse that run to her style of riding don't give her more opportunities.....but they don't, so she keeps on getting the long shots and rides them upside down, back to front, and all over the place..IMO

squid69 likes this post.

• magoo83magoo83    969 posts
    There was a horse in the 5th that was having just its 3rd run in 3 years, stuck on nice despite racing greenly (7yo 10th start) can't wait to see it over more ground ;)
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    You might have to wait a year until it's next start