G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 31 Non Members

GP- 2yo Westbred Classics (Gp1 x 2), Howard Porter Memorial (L)

Harness & Greyhounds
GP
Race 1-   Captain Bligh,  Rolling Fire,  Im The Black Flash,  Crowd Control
Race 2-   The Code Breaker,  Musztang,  State Of Heaven,  The Kraken
Race 3-   Alcopony,  Watts Up Sunshine,  Whatabro,  Mea Culpa
Race 4-   Jumpingjackmac,  Wildwest,  Prince Of Pleasure,  Diego
Race 5-   Water Lou,  Miss Hepburn,  Xceptional Arma,  Grand Couteau
Race 6-   Waverider,  Thelittle Master,  Menemsha,  Grevis
Race 7-   Lusaka,  Cheer The Major,  Lucca,  High Price
Race 8-   Master Publisher,  Rockaball,  Tiger Royal,  Cordero
Race 9-   Acharne Girl,  Stormyskyes,  Paroquet,  Let It Linga
Race 10- Ira Poole,  Soho Dow Jones,  Duty Bound,  Name In Lights

Narrogin
R1- Love Me Doo
R2- Caruba
R3- Dazzling Jewel
R4- Tux And Tails
R5- Wise Sage
R6- Alreddy Flyin
R7- Devilish Grin

+1 -1

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    R1: I was taken by the run of No8 Im The Black Flash last week. Just needs an option to work in to it, I thought he could sit outside the fave and beat it if that opportunity appears, great bet at the price.

R2: No10 Troopingofthecolor 1w4plc style. Also liked its run last week, hopefully the one holds up somewhere near the lead and this horse can sprint of the soft pegs run, T Wheeler a big plus for that type of drive.

R3: No3 Whatabro small EW. Thought he could just it off what I thought might be a good speed early and sprint well late.

R5: No12 Water Lou. I think she can do it off a sit, will find out today as long as she has bounced back. Giving us a price to find out.

R8: No1 Cordero. Old fave here, his last win was great, backed it up well last week. Just needs ot not cop undue pressure.

Narrogin.

R3 No6 Gota Good Warhol small EW.
    Prob not its race but I liked its work late last start and will win again soon.

Good luck all.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    One E/W bet for me tonight

Narrogin Race 5 - horse 10 Alta Montel @ $26 

Got an ordinary record but its in an ordinary field - decent effort  last start at Kellerberrin 3 wide no cover - and its run 5 or 6 starts back when 3rd at Wagin beaten a nose by Art Revival - if it repeated that effort it could win tonight 

Re GP - i looked at the fields last night - it was the only meeting last night where TAB .Com and TT had their odds up . Alcopny $1.70 - if i was a ( young ha ) bookie i would lay that horse to lose 20k to 30k . It is consistent and honest - but its more a giant killer -  asniper at a price - and i reckon there are 3-4 in their who can beat it 

Kimble is one of them - i have never really rated it - when Craven had it in Vic - it needed the pegs - sprint lane - and its the same over here - however last week - i thought it was its best win in WA - effortless - didnt move on it - good time and slick closing sectionals . How well it went last week over the sprint trip tonight - the breeze wouldnt be the end of the world - they might even have a crack for the lead - $9 is very attractive
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    2 bets for 2 gallopers, apologies to those connections.

Chris likes this post.

• ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    Can't win run them all Gilg

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Race 8 at GP Friday Night...down the back straight the last time. Replay head on makes for an interesting discussion about the "ease out rule".

Chariotsonfire likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    Some contribution from both drivers. One shifting out abruptly and the other driving down in an attempt to hold position.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• Race 8 GP very interesting discussion re barge out rule oops sorry ease out rule, waiting for a comment from stall 23 as he never been backward in coming forward regarding RWWA stewards.
  • FrogFrog    23 posts
    Sorry for wasting your time but we had to just get you into the room. Here's a $50 gift voucher to Steelos for the inconvenience and yes you still have a good record to fall back on.        A JOKE 
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    edited September 2023
    Anyone fair and reasonable would acknowledge - that the ease out rule is a very very tough and hard rule for the stewards to adjudicate on - as to what is acceptable and what isnt 

Interesting their last paragraph re stewards report race 8 - " Both were strongly reminded of their obligation  under the ease out policy in ensuring that sufficient advantage is gained when easing outwards and  not to attempt  to resist being eased outwards when not in a position  to do so and forego the position  by shifting wider with the movement to avoid incidents of such nature in future " 

Gee - i dont know about that - basically saying that Voak should have just accepted it and raced 4 wide from then on 

Because ive seen horses in the running line right at the bell - and something tries to shove it 3 wide and through strength they shove the horse back onto the pegs - and they keep their place in the running line - and thus are still a winning chance - where as if they are shoved 3 wide - they are instantly no hope
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts
    Markovina said:

Anyone fair and reasonable would acknowledge - that the ease out rule is a very very tough and hard rule for the stewards to adjudicate on - as to what is acceptable and what isnt 

Interesting their last paragraph re stewards report race 8 - " Both were strongly reminded of their obligation  under the ease out policy in ensuring that sufficient advantage is gained when easing outwards and  not to attempt  to resist being eased outwards when not in a position  to do so and forego the position  by shifting wider with the movement to avoid incidents of such nature in future " 

Gee - i dont know about that - basically saying that Voak should have just accepted it and raced 4 wide from then on 

Because ive seen horses in the running line right at the bell - and something tries to shove it 3 wide and through strength they shove the horse back onto the pegs - and they keep their place in the running line - and thus are still a winning chance - where as if they are shoved 3 wide - they are instantly no hope
    And then the same thing happens at Northam race 7 just after the bell..............
    Yep. another Demo Derby, the favourite perfectly driven to be one out one back  got cleaned up and the one that "eased out" ran 57 metres second  last. It's like going to the Motorplex, a boon for turnover?
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    JayJay said:

Yep. another Demo Derby, the favourite perfectly driven to be one out one back  got cleaned up and the one that "eased out" ran 57 metres second  last. It's like going to the Motorplex, a boon for turnover?

Not ideal, but the leader rolled off the inside half way down straight for the bell, and was erratic enough it may have galloped,. Think more the driver wanted off it's back more than getting the favourite out of it's racing position.

PackedMetalPanda likes this post.

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts

JayJay said:

Not ideal, but the leader rolled off the inside half way down straight for the bell, and was erratic enough it may have galloped,. Think more the driver wanted off it's back more than getting the favourite out of it's racing position.
    Yeh, fair enough, drivers are only driving like this because they know more than likely it wont result in a suspension. As a result i will keep watching instead of betting .
    edited September 2023
    For the purposes of clarity:

163. (1) A driver shall not -

(a) cause or contribute to any
    (i) crossing
    (ii) jostling
    (iii) interference;
    (b) subject to rule 164
    (i) make another horse cover more ground than necessary
    (ii) impede the forward progress of another horse

Rule 164 is a local rule for WA harness only:

LR 164. Changing Positions (Easing Out)
    (1) Notwithstanding Rule 163(1) (b), a driver may make another horse cover more
    ground than necessary where;
    (a) the driver does so on or after entering the front straight with one lap of
    the race to run provided that any horse being made to cover extra
    ground is obliged to race no wider than three wide until entering the back
    straight on the final occasion; or

(b) the driver does so prior to entering the front straight with one lap of the
    race to run, and the other horse is not maintaining or improving its
    position,
    and provided that the driver does so only to the extent necessary to obtain an improved
    position for the driver’s horse.
    (2) For the obviation of doubt, nothing in this local rule authorises any act which is
    contrary to any rule other than Rule 163(1) (b).

So, for the purposes of these situations, the question for the stewards is:

Was there any crossing, jostling or interference? If so, was it from the inside  (with positional advantage) or was it from  the outside (attempting to hold position)?