G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members
Final field before barrier draw tomorrow:

Comments

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    What are the odds Mag Storm barrier 8 or 9.

JimmyPop likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    So it is the Western Australia Pacing Cup ?

Counting the Emergencies 12 of the 14 are ex New Zealand Pacers 

And it is a very ordinary field - Magnificent Storm would it be in the best 20 pacers in Aust - debateable and doubtful

2 runs at Albion Park in Qld  in the semi big league - the sprint race it was dissappointing 

The 2nd run - the big Cup race or whatever over the staying trip - the race where Grimson and Butt traded punches in the bar afterwards 

Aiden De Campo gave it an absolute brilliant drive - id rate  it 100 out of 100 - wide gate - i think it ended up 4 back the pegs - at the 400 metres horses dropped off in the running line - DeCampo got off the pegs - he couldnt have given it a softer easier run - perfect for a sit sprinter - i reckon right at that point Ray Williams would have got highly excited - but the horse was pathetic in its finishing run 

This is a very ordinary/ average quality WA Pacing Cup - and thus gate 1 will probably  dictate who wins it
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    8 of the 10 in the main race at Albion Park from NZ. Not only in WA.

Loyalist very lucky to get a start.

LightningJake likes this post.

• Chopchop43Chopchop43    161 posts
    Markovina said:

So it is the Western Australia Pacing Cup ?

Counting the Emergencies 12 of the 14 are ex New Zealand Pacers 

And it is a very ordinary field - Magnificent Storm would it be in the best 20 pacers in Aust - debateable and doubtful

2 runs at Albion Park in Qld  in the semi big league - the sprint race it was dissappointing 

The 2nd run - the big Cup race or whatever over the staying trip - the race where Grimson and Butt traded punches in the bar afterwards 

Aiden De Campo gave it an absolute brilliant drive - id rate  it 100 out of 100 - wide gate - i think it ended up 4 back the pegs - at the 400 metres horses dropped off in the running line - DeCampo got off the pegs - he couldnt have given it a softer easier run - perfect for a sit sprinter - i reckon right at that point Ray Williams would have got highly excited - but the horse was pathetic in its finishing run 

This is a very ordinary/ average quality WA Pacing Cup - and thus gate 1 will probably  dictate who wins it

I think in the majority of the major races in Australia your going to find a huge contingent of NZ next to horses names, not just a WA thing but I'm not shocked that you'd come on here to make it seem so

JimmyPop likes this post.

• Ivorytrunkey86Ivorytrunkey86    207 posts
    How many pacing cups has senior won? He races them week after week into the cups and window them,my personal opinion is magnificent storm doesn’t get the race hardening to win these cups as always seems to have a week off between starts,I would like to see him race weekly to get that match hardness,now I’ve said that will probably draw one and win.

Gilgamesh, Markovina likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    Thanks for that Chariots

Id kill myself laughing - in fact i would fall over backwards laughing if Loyalist from gate 1 kept the lead and led all the way and won
    Markovina said:

Thanks for that Chariots

Id kill myself laughing - in fact i would fall over backwards laughing if Loyalist from gate 1 kept the lead and led all the way and won
    I would be happy if he just held the lead and makes a race of it.
    His last run wasn’t that far off when you look at it.
    Not a bad roughie from 1.
    No Blitzembye either,,, bit surprising.

JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• OffthebitOffthebit    602 posts
    Loyalist will want to hold the lead he has an aggressive driver. The only horse he may hand up to would be magnificent storm.
    I’m liking prince of pleasure for the place from that soft draw

freodockers likes this post.

Offthebit said:

Loyalist will want to hold the lead he has an aggressive driver. The only horse he may hand up to would be magnificent storm.
    I’m liking prince of pleasure for the place from that soft draw

Hope your right, if he holds up then we have a race.
    Interestingly 21 of the 23 Melbourne Cup Runners were bred overseas.

Chopchop43 likes this post.

Interestingly 21 of the 23 Melbourne Cup Runners were bred overseas.

Let me know how that goes for Perth Cup or Railway Stakes or the Quokka.
    I’m not on twitter or whatever they call it so I’m not sure what’s being said there but I am curious as to how others see the first 400 mtrs playing out.
    Based on history the 1 holds up then takes a sit . If that’s the case I cannot see 2&3 allowing Mag Storm to cross to the lead (which will open it up to the back markers).
    Diego therefore would eventually cross to the lead but in my opinion it will make 1,2,3 &4 chances of winning very hard.
    Is that how others see the start just wondering ??
  • Rocket_ReignRocket_Reign    844 posts

I’m not on twitter or whatever they call it so I’m not sure what’s being said there but I am curious as to how others see the first 400 mtrs playing out.
    Based on history the 1 holds up then takes a sit . If that’s the case I cannot see 2&3 allowing Mag Storm to cross to the lead (which will open it up to the back markers).
    Diego therefore would eventually cross to the lead but in my opinion it will make 1,2,3 &4 chances of winning very hard.
    Is that how others see the start just wondering ??

JJM wouldn’t sit if he leads he’ll be awfully hard to beat

freodockers likes this post.

Yeah I just read ray williams is confident of crossing both of halls……I can’t see that happening,i don’t mind one at around $12 tenzing bromac has been racing well.
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts
    I dont whats happened to the mobile in the home straight but it used to favour the outside horses.

Now alot of barrier 1 seem to be getting crossed but miracously kick through to lead.

So you would think 1 could hold if he wanted to.

And you wouldnt come all the way from NSW to be held up and miss a place.

He did hand up at Albion Park and Redcliffe where there is a sprint lane.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    I see itnone of two ways, Magnificent Storm getd over really quick and wins with the $3 looking Magnificent or its set up for a horse doing nothing with one crack at them like Steel The Show, I thought he should be around $7 so ive had a little on him at the $19 covering the bet at the $4 a place.

sonny, freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

Other bets.

R3 No5 The Code Breaker. I thought he could cross, even in the breeze the $12 looks sensational.

R4 No2 The Mustang has finally found a race he can lead and win again.

R8 No3 Beejays Boy has been in sneaky good form, got 2 inside him he can get past and still at EW odds. Taking some novelties with him and Gee Smith in top with 1,5,6,7 around the place.

I think the early quad could be a nice div if you can find it.

Good luck all.

sonny, freodockers, VillageKid likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,280 posts
    GP
    Race 1-   Hotly Pursued,  Fess Up,  Crowd Control,  Skylord
    Race 2-   Floewriter,  Street Hawk,  William Gees Legacy,  Master Publisher
    Race 3-   The Code Breaker,  El Chema,  Ima Fivestar General,  Major Perry
    Race 4-   Talks Up A Storm,  Patronus Star,  Arma Einstein,  Galactic Star
    Race 5-   Magnificent Storm,  Jumpingjackmac,  Diego,  Valentines Brook
    Race 6-   Wonderful To Fly,  Taking The Miki,  Cyclone Charlotte,  Born To Boogie
    Race 7-   Machnificent,  Hoppys Way,  Firerockfireroll,  Rockaball
    Race 8-   Elwaddell,  Gee Smith,  Bee Jays Boy,  Rambo Rabbit
    Race 9-   Lusaka,  Dardy Boy,  Bellezza Nera,  My Ultimate Baxter
    Race 10- Xceptional Arma,  Heartofahlia,  Douseeme,  Relatively Arma

Narrogin
    R1- Adda Bitto
    R2- Wandering Girl
    R3- Pacific Eagle
    R4- Blockjorg
    R5- Zaccy Mac
    R6- Vintage Blu
    R7- Feeling Empathy
    R8- Our Eagle Bay

Mag Storm for the cup, reckon A Dec has been waking him up a bit at the start where possible last few therefore should cross, lead and just hang on.
    4,1,11,7/10.

Gilgamesh, Markovina likes this post.

Sugar Street
    Cordero way over ew.
    I love the confidence that some connections talk with as opposed to saying "we hope to be in front to the first bend then see what happens" its "wr will be in front to the first bend then assess our options" you weren't even in front after 5 strides!
    Don’t have a foot in Either camp but if my horse got knocked over like that in a pacing cup they would want security in the birdcage.

Offthebit likes this post.

• Vincent_vegaVincent_vega    475 posts
    Yeah u would be pretty peeved
  • OffthebitOffthebit    602 posts
    6 week suspension for de campo.
    Should have been double that.
    Reminds me of Greg hall in the golden slipper when he knocked down a couple of horses on the home corner and got a $50k fine. Paid for by Lloyd Williams so virtually no punishment at all.
    If they still had the old relegation rule it would stamp out foul driving in big races.
    Surely there are more angles than the camera in the front straight?

Anything down the back straight? Really needs to be a head on
    edited November 2023
    14 minutes of protest video on Twitter that also showed head on in back straight.

Inquiry got very fiery between Ray Williams and Senior.

14 minutes of protest video on Twitter that also showed head on in back straight.

Inquiry got very fiery between Ray Williams and Senior.

What goes around comes around.
    Senior complaining about interference in races.
    He used to wax with Kevin Keys between suspensions.

Markovina likes this post.

Anyhow let’s not forget what a run that was by Mag Storm ended up winning with a leg in the air and no pulling up towards the line.
    I don’t know what they have changed with this horse but that early burn would have seen him finish midfield last year.
    Someone said in the media this week that they think he’s not a true stayer and I reckon they were correct until last night.
    One of the toughest most impressive cup-wins I’ve seen for a long time.