Race 7-   Sugar Street,  Lusaka,  Otis,  Whos The Dad
Race 8-   Tiger Royal,  Our Shelley Beach,  Mighthavtime,  Gee Smith
Race 9-   Patched,  Luvaflair,  Elegant Peak,  Dark Secret
Race 10- Xceptional Arma,  Ambitsiya,  Water Lou,  Relatively Arma

+1 -1

sonny, Gilgamesh likes this post.

Comments

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    R2: I'm against the market I thought No3 Mister Montblanc could cross the 1 and that would be all she wrote.

R4: No5 Arma Einstein EW all day here, push forward and get the 1,1 maybe shuffled to 1,2 but will sprint straight past them.

R5: It's not the $10 it was earlier but No10 Born To Boogie is still EW odds, she will be flashing at them late. I'm not 100% convinced the 2500m is her best trip but she will get the chance to run it out.

R10: No4 Water Lou should be leading and winning, good to see her back.

sonny likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    The 150k Mares classic race is a ripping race

I think the $1.55 fave is a real risk there are some dangerous horses in that race - and i just call it as i see it - the fave in the home straight last start  , youd swear it was Jumping Jack Mac in the Pacing Cup in the home straight going up and down in the one spot 

Ive just had 2 small e/w bets Steno @$10 and Born To Boogie @$7 both cracking runs at their last start and ive had multiple 1st 4s because there is a lovely 12.9k carryover jackpot and id love to know where that Jackpot came from

sonny likes this post.

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    Those stirrups have appeared again I’d say.
    Anyhow Race 7 Mr Versace ew from 1.
    Good on TW terrific drive and well deserved

LightningJake likes this post.

Its harsh to say but someone has to sit Shane Young down and tell him the winning post is at the end of the straight not on the bend, maybe show him these losses, again which is harsh but he consistantly goes faster than he has to earlier than he has to and its costing him a hell of a lot of prizemoney.
  • Chopchop43Chopchop43    161 posts
    28.4 down the back home in 28.5 a horse of her calibre when right should be able to do that on her ear don't see anything wrong with the drive I just think she went unders

28.4 down the back home in 28.5 a horse of her calibre when right should be able to do that on her ear don't see anything wrong with the drive I just think she went unders

But he didnt have to do it. There were no dangers off the fence, only horses to beat on his back. I could name a swag of drivers who if in the seat instead of Shane she would have won last night, ieven if she did go unders.

And again thats not to have a crack at him, shes his horse but it's not the first time that if he didnt go for home he wouldnt have been a sitting duck for those on the fence.
    24/11/23 He's a length and a half clear at the 400m after leading going 29.5, 28.4 into the last quarter when he didin't have to-gets dive bombed by one on his back beat 3rd horse out of site.

10/11/23. Has every horse to her outside clearly beaten 250m from home and decided to kick away and get dive bombed by the one on her back.

8/9/23. Great effort breezing but explodes past the leader 28.5 3rd quarter when he didn't have to gets beaten a half head by the one on her back.

7/10/22 Runs a 27.9 3rd quarter off her own bat only gets home 29.2 winner comes off a soft run on the pegs after he split the field open.

Even if she has gone unders and potentially not been 100% in some of these, don't bring yourself undone. It's just one of my personal gripes-they don't pay you more for going faster than you have to.
    Gilgamesh said:

24/11/23 He's a length and a half clear at the 400m after leading going 29.5, 28.4 into the last quarter when he didin't have to-gets dive bombed by one on his back beat 3rd horse out of site.

10/11/23. Has every horse to her outside clearly beaten 250m from home and decided to kick away and get dive bombed by the one on her back.

8/9/23. Great effort breezing but explodes past the leader 28.5 3rd quarter when he didn't have to gets beaten a half head by the one on her back.

7/10/22 Runs a 27.9 3rd quarter off her own bat only gets home 29.2 winner comes off a soft run on the pegs after he split the field open.

Even if she has gone unders and potentially not been 100% in some of these, don't bring yourself undone. It's just one of my personal gripes-they don't pay you more for going faster than you have to.

I mean the way she was travelling at the 600 you'd be strangling her to go any slower and some horses resent that and your better off letting them role , from what the articles during the week have suggest she's had a few issues and maybe it's just a lack of fitness getting her beat, there was a point not long ago Shane would cut the ribbons at the same point and she just kept going
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    Any thoughts on driving tactics in Race 10?
    edited November 2023
    That is not a good look  at all - the stablemate beaten 100 metres - there is an adjourned inquiry

If you want to see some dare devil -Evil Knievel type driving - race 5 at Newcastle  is  well worth a look - and it was a pretty slippery field to

Josh Gallagher who has won an Inter Dom final - you have to have a bit of guts and serious talent to do what he did 

And there has been quite a few drivers Aust wide - they are raved about - even the word champion might have been tossed in with a few - yet i never saw them once in their whole career  do a winning drive like that simply because they didnt have the ability or talent to do it 

Any thoughts on driving tactics in Race 10?

Nothing unusual same old same old, I could name 3 or 4 races with similar circumstances at GP in last month and nothing done by stewards. You don’t expect suspensions every time but a decent inquiry/warning wouldn’t hurt every now and then.
    Should have done a DeCampo.
    Markovina said:

That is not a good look  at all - the stablemate beaten 100 metres - there is an adjourned inquiry

If you want to see some dare devil -Evil Knievel type driving - race 5 at Newcastle  is  well worth a look - and it was a pretty slippery field to

Josh Gallagher who has won an Inter Dom final - you have to have a bit of guts and serious talent to do what he did 

And there has been quite a few drivers Aust wide - they are raved about - even the word champion might have been tossed in with a few - yet i never saw them once in their whole career  do a winning drive like that simply because they didnt have the ability or talent to do it 

the 1 absolutely flopped out and he was on the back of the 2 horse that found the pegs within 10 metres and just kept hunting through I think it's a case of more luck than anything

Markovina said:

the 1 absolutely flopped out and he was on the back of the 2 horse that found the pegs within 10 metres and just kept hunting through I think it's a case of more luck than anything
    Typical response from yourself - if it was 1 of your precious WA buddies you would be raving about it to the cows come home 

And i totally agree with Gilga summation the Mares classic  - came home in 57 - as he said there was no big danger in fact no danger wide on the track making any ground - you can go right back to Don Dove in the 60s stack them up - stack them up  great front running driver .,( eg Monara  back to back A G Hunter Cups ) and the final  2 qtrs with D Dove driving Frid night would have been 29.5 and 27.5 - and there is a fair chance theyd be counting the 86k now 

And to show what  a complete joke the GP track is - Chris Voak made an illfated ( no fault of his own they did QDT of the bloke who kept the breeze  ) early run out wide and used up a bit of juice to get the breeze - then snagged right back to last , went 6 pegs , and guess what ran 5th , thats what can happen on tiny little goat tracks 

Good luck to the connections of the eventual winner  - i see Ken C is one of them , but it is just a horse , broke a run of 20 starts winning , but gate 1 on that 800 metre track enables these things to happen
    Markovina said:

Markovina said:

Typical response from yourself - if it was 1 of your precious WA buddies you would be raving about it to the cows come home 

And i totally agree with Gilga summation the Mares classic  - came home in 57 - as he said there was no big danger in fact no danger wide on the track making any ground - you can go right back to Don Dove in the 60s stack them up - stack them up  great front running driver .,( eg Monara  back to back A G Hunter Cups ) and the final  2 qtrs with D Dove driving Frid night would have been 29.5 and 27.5 - and there is a fair chance theyd be counting the 86k now 

And to show what  a complete joke the GP track is - Chris Voak made an illfated ( no fault of his own they did QDT of the bloke who kept the breeze  ) early run out wide and used up a bit of juice to get the breeze - then snagged right back to last , went 6 pegs , and guess what ran 5th , thats what can happen on tiny little goat tracks 

Good luck to the connections of the eventual winner  - i see Ken C is one of them , but it is just a horse , broke a run of 20 starts winning , but gate 1 on that 800 metre track enables these things to happen

yes because the only people in this industry that can do anything of note are those born and bred eastern staters blah blah blah same old garbage. Wouldn't be a typical marko post without comparing two instances of driving 6 decades apart, news flash driving tactics and sectionals have changed over that period of time, she got home in 57 she went unders period was under a strangle hold at the 600 had everything including the one on her back off the bit, with her recent issues maybe tried to pinch a break on them knowing she could of been a bit under done , also Gate 1 on any track is a huge advantage, i know shocker right ???
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts
    Its like Aiden interference, Hes been suspended 3 times in the last few weeks. Group 1 , group 2, but in the cup the twitter keyboarders wanted him relagated? 

Dlyan holds out a fav for the stablemate, not a good look , fav gets beat, stablemate wins?

Now let the keyboard kings look back where this has happened at GP in the last 12 months? Comments noted.

Ive had a quick look , not hard to find.

LightningJake, freodockers, Betonme likes this post.