G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 22 Non Members

BELMONT 24th Jan

West Australian Racing
any thoughts ptters? i can't see one. big fields, 3rd grade horses time to keep the $'s in our pockets. having said that will be at the pub for race 5, then 2 more to go. i know only  too bloody well whats gonna happen. - $'s......
ruffie of the day my fair ballentine...

Comments

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    I'll keep you company..

R1 Disco Donut 
    R4 Hero Hunter and saver on Playing Around
    R5 Be Awesome a best bet
    R6 Surveillance ew
    R7 Dad's Bigheaded another best bet

• ManchildManchild    706 posts
    I will do my E Manning impression , Race 1 /3 , Race 2/2, Race 3/4
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    manchild, i've got a tattoo on my forehead "never back a gangemi horse'"..saved me a squillion.

see a journo jackson barret scribed the main racing article in todays west. what happened to that chipdick bloke...ie mr. woodcock.

Manchild likes this post.

see harvey has one ride..r7 dennis choux..by 6.30 i may be tempted.....:)
    I was not punting Falc, just a casual observer .
  • Yankee63Yankee63    11 posts
    thefalcon said:

see harvey has one ride..r7 dennis choux..by 6.30 i may be tempted.....:)

Yes just load up on the Pont,i have a direct debit in play with Tabtouch to just back the pont and deduct from my account!

Manchild likes this post.

Quite easy really!

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    I must say im quite surprised that there aernt any posts/comments about Race 2 today 

Havent foloowed or bet on the gallops for decades , only the trotting - which i like betting on Aust wide everyday - watch them on TAB.Com - with the markets on the same screen etc 

But i did happen to watch race 2 at Belmont live - i think it was just before a Bathurst or Redcliffe Trots race 

Not suggesting anything untoward at all - but that race - given where the leading 3 horses were on the turn - and given where the 2s on favourite was positioned at the top of the straight - and given how it pelted to the line , after he eventually hooked it wide after giving up on getting miracle split runs - then if that race was run in 60s 70s or 80s where there were big on course crowds and money was tight then there would have been a huge/ugly demonstration by the punters  after the race after that 2s on fave got beat 

Why didnt he at the top of the straight just quietly ease it around the heels of the other 2 horses and given how it hit the line it would have won easily 

• BobcatBobcat    166 posts
    Had the last 3. $$$
    Markovina said:

I must say im quite surprised that there aernt any posts/comments about Race 2 today 

Havent foloowed or bet on the gallops for decades , only the trotting - which i like betting on Aust wide everyday - watch them on TAB.Com - with the markets on the same screen etc 

But i did happen to watch race 2 at Belmont live - i think it was just before a Bathurst or Redcliffe Trots race 

Not suggesting anything untoward at all - but that race - given where the leading 3 horses were on the turn - and given where the 2s on favourite was positioned at the top of the straight - and given how it pelted to the line , after he eventually hooked it wide after giving up on getting miracle split runs - then if that race was run in 60s 70s or 80s where there were big on course crowds and money was tight then there would have been a huge/ugly demonstration by the punters  after the race after that 2s on fave got beat 

Why didnt he at the top of the straight just quietly ease it around the heels of the other 2 horses and given how it hit the line it would have won easily 

Was a shocker, trying to be too cute worked his way into a pocket for whatever reason!

Markovina likes this post.

• GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    What happened with shooter out there yesterday?
  • FlandersFlanders    1,208 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

What happened with shooter out there yesterday?

He's off all rides on Saturday now too

Altercation with Brandon Louis , content unknown

Wowee ive just watched the replay and stewards vision and if he's cracked it at Brandon over the tiny little caffufle that happened crossing the line he really does need a break.
    what race, gila?
    R5 He gets a bit crowded just passing the line but its more as a result of group movement than any one jockeys carelessness IMO.

I would have thought Brandon and Shooter would have had a bit to do with each other being they both ride for Gangemi's so if what im told happened it is probably even more disappointing.

• RodentRodent    7,043 posts
    Brandon would have quite a reach advantage  =))

Gilgamesh, jum likes this post.

Made me wonder how tall Austin Galati was with that comment as i often catch him with that high back in the air, 184cm!!!

That is some dedication right there.
    There are some tall ones. I go into the mounting yard &they tower over me

except natasha faithful.....she'd be lucky to be 5ft. she'd make r. dury look like a giant.
    talking of natasha, i see she has 16 rides over the 3 days. whats the riding fee, @ $250..thats 4000 without riding a placed horse. and shes not the only hoop earning that money.

Bushbookie, Notapuntas, Gilgamesh, Tucool likes this post.

$238.00 Falcon , they are not going to starve .
    Hell trials are $80.00.

Bushbookie, thefalcon, Tucool likes this post.