Race 7-   Navy Street,  Lucca,  Fly To Fame,  Mister Montblanc
Race 8-   Xceptional Arma,  Copy Cat Lombo,  The Swindler,  Lenora Jane
Race 9-   Money Well Spent,  Highview Heidi,  Float My Boat,  Jaxs Ideal
Race 10- Lucapelo,  Sidstrepo,  Maddy Rocks,  Duty Bound

+1 -1

sonny, cisco likes this post.

Comments

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    The 2130m start seems to be moving towards a similarity with the 1730m start with many horses unable to hold up at the start from No 1.

Over the last two meetings at GP there have been  17 races with the No 1 being crossed 11 times and three of those were short priced favourites. 
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Some seem happy to take a sit or don't have the gate speed? Some retakes as I recall? 

In those 11 instances where the No 1 did get crossed, how many of the leaders won?
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    7 of the leaders won, It was anticipated that the three short priced favourites that were crossed would lead comfortably.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    Proably throwing away some money tonight as im ounting on two run in winners but that is where the noggin is telling me to head.

R5: I feel like Nulabor Navajo isnt going to get the respect it probably deserves and may get it dished up to it a bit. No5 Mighthavetime is perfect under that scenario so at the almost double figures i will have a play.

R6: I'm convinced No4 Post Game is a sit kick horse so I will give it one more chance. Its probably fingers crossed Wasa Heat Seaker doesnt get the top as I couldnt see it being rolled if it did but DeCampo usually values the lead so should be good from that aspect.

Good luck all.

sonny likes this post.

• sonnysonny    1,079 posts
    I will throw some in too...R1n1...Think the fav is very short but it leads Cant take that price..
    R2n7.. Dont know were it gets to in the run but worth a sheckel at odds..
    R7n10.. Will get a suck run..
    Thats me ..Good Punting//
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    R 1$1.22 Showpony? Is it that much better than these?

Chris likes this post.

• MarkovinaMarkovina    2,906 posts
    That was a brilliant winning drive by Kyle Symington that previous race on Galaxy Warrior - especially when they are running 27.8  2nd last qtrs - Hallys horse just went a bit rough around the final turn and KS manouvered it beautifully - clean as a whistle into the clear 

DeCampo was half way back to Bunbury counting the money but ended up with none 

Given the sectionals and how the tight track plays - and im not at all  criticising Chris Voak - but watching the replay early stages he was 1 by 1 - would have been a highly controversial move to snag it back to 3 pegs ( where the winner came from ) and the stewards would have given it to him if he hadnt of got a clear run - but given the  closing sectionals you are better off being 3 pegs ( you do need luck of course ) than being in the running line
    Bailey McDonough who a stint driving over here in WA - might be on the sidelines for a while courtesy of the NSW Stewards - there is an adjourned inquiry 

Race 4  at Newcastle last night , well that is one of the most ridiculous drives ive ever seen , fast class  race over a mile , basically took on the leader for the whole race  , totally slaughtered his horse and the also the leader , 1st 2 qtrs 27.8  and 26.9 - and they ran last and 2nd last of course 

Jack Callaghan on the leader , well if you have got the far superior form and your half the price of the other runner , on a track with no sprint lane , then i think you are entitled to keep the lead from a double figure priced horse 

I think the correct penalty for McDonoughs clearly unacceptable drive should be 6-8 weeks 

Only one small e/w bet for me at Northam tonight

Race 7 - horse 6 Easton Robin @ $12 

Terrible field and its going no worse than any of the " fancies " and you can get $12 
    Tuesday night at GP 

Quite keen on one - and the other one got a bit of a flukers hope at a big price 

(a) Race 7 - horse 7 Eye Better @ $11 - i reckon its got a great e/w chance , 2 starts back raced against tonights fave and was a very good run , got shoved 4-5 wide , and then last Frid night another very good run , beaten a half head , and in my opinion simply should have won , never seen a driver pull the plugs in a weirder spot than he did . Tonight the breeze would be a great position

(b) Race 5 - horse 7 Major Corrida e/w @ $34 - 2 starts back excellent run , its got a bit of a sharp/dangerous sprint on it this horse , thats why its a knockout hope 

Hope number 7 is a lucky number tonight at GP 
  • ArapahoArapaho    223 posts
    Markovina said:

Tuesday night at GP 

Quite keen on one - and the other one got a bit of a flukers hope at a big price 

(a) Race 7 - horse 7 Eye Better @ $11 - i reckon its got a great e/w chance , 2 starts back raced against tonights fave and was a very good run , got shoved 4-5 wide , and then last Frid night another very good run , beaten a half head , and in my opinion simply should have won , never seen a driver pull the plugs in a weirder spot than he did . Tonight the breeze would be a great position

(b) Race 5 - horse 7 Major Corrida e/w @ $34 - 2 starts back excellent run , its got a bit of a sharp/dangerous sprint on it this horse , thats why its a knockout hope 

Hope number 7 is a lucky number tonight at GP 

Shannon pulled plugs (hood) at the 450m mark (approx) and it was the pull down blocks that he pulled in the straight which i think you are referring to Marko.

Markovina likes this post.

Arapaho said:

Shannon pulled plugs (hood) at the 450m mark (approx) and it was the pull down blocks that he pulled in the straight which i think you are referring to Marko.

Your obviously a horseman and im not , re your observation in that race re the gear apllications 

But in your opinion , the pull down blocks in the straight , to me he seemed to take an eternity to actually do that and the horse lost vital momentum while he was trying to do that 
    Markovina said:

Arapaho said:

Your obviously a horseman and im not , re your observation in that race re the gear apllications 

But in your opinion , the pull down blocks in the straight , to me he seemed to take an eternity to actually do that and the horse lost vital momentum while he was trying to do that 
    Can see what you are getting at Marko, he (Shannon) appears to lose sight of the cord when he has a quick look up and had to go for another grab, given the margin it may have cost him, but in saying that, I dont believe he could have pulled the cord any earlier than his first attempt as he had to steer his horse into that position he acquired, just prior.
    (Driving not as easy as it looks)
    As for activating deafeners etc a lot of drivers leave it till real late as a last resort with some not activating them at all, if not required.
    In fact in that very same race we are talking about Chris Voak the driver of the winner Duty Bound pull the plugs about 10 metres before the finish(left hand), which may have won the race for him.