10. Galactic Star
11. El Jacko
12. Vultan Tin 
(B/L)
13. Our Corelli (1st Emg)
14. Our Jimmy Johnstone (2nd Emg)

Comments

• freodockersfreodockers    2,667 posts
    If you ran a market on the horse to draw outside front or back, Vulcan Tin would be short priced favourite and yep outside back row.
    Having said that not a bad draw if early speed but really can't see it with 4&5 likely to work to the front and sprint home.
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited January 2020
    Always tricky with these guys and a couple of new kids on the block, but when first looking a couple weeks ago liked My Field Marshall and Galactic Star, slightly awkward draws possibly, but still keen on both.

Lots of dangers though especially Alta Orlando and even though had gone off him a bit, seeing it the other night gotta respect from the bullet draw Billy Haley and the comet Chris Lewis.

1. Galactic Star
    2. My Field Marshall
    3. Alta Orlando
    4. Bill Haley
    5. Shockwave
    Best bolter - Vultan Tin.

Galactic Star surprisingly is way out in the betting with some of the corps $12 and $3.30, seems a bit long but that barrier 10 can make or break!

VillageKid likes this post.

Can only see My Field Marshall leading if that's the case feel sorry for anything trying to make up ground out wide so it's inside running for me.
    My field Marshall
    Galactic Star
    Alta Orlando
    Bill Haley
    Roughie El Jacko could duck back to the pegs at the start.
    Good luck Shockwave, Handsandwheels, Vulcan Tin 3 horses who deserve to win it.

jum likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    edited January 2020
    When MFM  lead the Fremantle Cup last time it was unchallenged from gate #2. A week earlier he  jumped the opposition out of the arm in the Village Kid from #5 and was left alone. The locals didn't fall for the same trick in the Pacing Cup a week later and Butt bailed out after a very brief attempt to find the top. He was never a chance in the Pacing Cup thereafter.The horse has had respiratory issues so I would be surprised that even if he rolls to the lead that he will be allowed to come up for a lungful of air. His best performances time wise have come from following up hot tempo and maintaining late pace. He will need luck to remain unpressured this time around.....but he could be too good just the same.

Alta Orlando will be driving for cover any suggestion where the pressure is going to come from.
    Can only suggest the horse was hitting the sulky excuse for that one which I might add does come up fairly regularly over here on a Friday night.
    PS when MFM was left alone in front he rated 1.55.2 for the 2500 mtr, 1 second outside track record set by Lazarus, credit where credits due.
    edited January 2020
    Village Kid or JJ will know, he's won that many Fremantle Cups have lost count but doesn't look likely this time with Gary Hall Snr runners Caviar Star better than 12/1 and Herrick Roosevelt write your own ticket, however maybe not totally wise to write Caviar Star off from the three gate.
    edited January 2020
    Tabtouch odds wise reasonably competitive on the favoured runners, quite good, but alot shorter on Galactic Star, Caviar Star, Vultan Tin and HandsAndWheels.

13/2 ( $7.50 ), 10/1, 13/1, and 18/1 respectively, plenty of 11/1, 12/1, 20/1 and 33/1 available.
    edited January 2020
    Noticed eight Fremantle Cups to Snr. trailing his nine Pacing Cup winners by one. Would surprise Caviar Star but seen bigger upsets - Herrick Roosevelt for instance if he wins it.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,280 posts
    Does anyone know if My Field Marshal and Alta Orlando have actually arrived in Perth as yet?
    Apparently there has been a delay with the plane that was to bring them across from the E/S.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    Will know about 7:00pm tonight if they are on the midnight flight to arrive 4:30am on Friday, otherwise scratched.
    What is the result re early markets/betting on other horses.
    If they are scratched geez that shore does bring 6,10,11 and 12 into it, even Our Jimmy Johnston becomes a silly chance.
    Is there a deduction on early bets if they are scratched.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    Deductions will apply after the final field was drawn. Pre barrier draw bets are pre post and are all in.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    NSW horses seemingly not coming, out of markets. Our Jimmy Johnstone to cross then hand up to Handsandwheels who then goes on to win. Simple.
    This race is now one I think we will remember.
    Few scores to be settled and I would suggest lots of early speed given local content and rivalries.
    For the reason I am now going inside runners and backmarkers.
    Vulcan Tin
    Galactic Star
    El Jacko
    Hands and wheels
    Vampiro
    Either way it's now on for young and old and should be a great race.

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Not coming "due to the unavailability of a berth on the flight".....so presumably, the air transporter is making the trip to Perth ...and there is no room? This seems very strange as they were booked to fly in on a previously cancelled service. Must be a lot of horses on the flight to Perth this evening. I wonder if they will persevere to try and get a flight over for the Pacing Cup?
  • AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts
    JayJay said:

Not coming "due to the unavailability of a berth on the flight".....so presumably, the air transporter is making the trip to Perth ...and there is no room? This seems very strange as they were booked to fly in on a previously cancelled service. Must be a lot of horses on the flight to Perth this evening. I wonder if they will persevere to try and get a flight over for the Pacing Cup?

Freight get preference over horses, if they haven't a full plane of freight, horses go on
  • JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Ok, that would explain it. Some of the flights in from NZ are horse specific deals (IRT)....different circumstances.
    edited January 2020
    Freight more important than the horse(s) or whatever, yep that's fine, but does seem strange how man landed on the moon in 1969 but we can't get a horse or two across from NSW in 2020.

Come along way in subsequent years, but not far enough.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts

Thoughts for the night.

R1: Grinny Vinnie. I thought La Suleiman would hold up here with Grinnie Vinnie getting the 1,1 on Its Rock And Roll making it very hard to beat. He is however a lot shorter in the market than I expected, I was hoping for around the $3.80 mark so not going to be on unless he drifts. I feel My Carbon Copy's form slightly flatters his ability but there is a chance the others in the market may ruin it for each other so it needs to go in the EQ. Bet: Grinnie Vinnie at around $3.80 otherwise a watch. EQ:2,3,4,8.

R2: Leftrightgoodnight. Bolter for me here, 1 placing to its name from its last 1 million starts but racing better than that and race should set up well for it. Quickstride is unders, nice horse but pretty sure it gets crossed (not sure who by). I want to be on the late closer so hopefully that's Leftrightgoodnight. Bet: Leftright good night 2win3plc style. EQ:1,3,9,11,12.

R3: As Happy As Larry. No confidence but he is the class along with Gee Jay Kay but I just did not like the way he went about his business last week. No Bet. EQ:1,2,4,10,11.

R4: Iceenothink. Couldn't miss him last week and gets leaders back here. Still needing luck, I don't think I will be on him at the current prices. EQ:1,4,8,10. 100% costs $400, need some surprises for a return.

R5: Handsandwheels. For me Bill Hayley is unders, got his AAA race pattern last week and did what he had to but they only got home in 29 He is going to have to do a bit to hold a spot near the lead so I just don't think he will have it left in him at the finish. Talk of Caviar Star going forward, yes it likes to race on the pace and is going well but it has nowhere near the speed of Our Jimmy Johnstone and Handsandwheels. Bailey McDonough is very good at getting them off the arm I just think it crosses and Aiden would be mad to not be having a look early on Handsandwheels in a $300K race. Bet: Handsandwheels EW. QD:2,3,6,10.

R6: Mon Lillies. I thought she'd lead them, not super confident but don't have to be @$7. Prior to last week Crocodile Kid's form was top notch but he was very plain last week, good race for him class wise but is a massive risk for me. Bet: Mon Lillies win. QD:1,7,9,10.

R7: Valbonne. Each way this is my best of the night. 2500m, put into the race early this horse can definitely out stay the fav. One at odds  to watch is Nitro Lad, doing no work it will be running on. Bet: Valbonne EW, get on. QD:1,9,10.

R8: American Tour. This girl is flying and I have zero confidence of what is going to happen early between the 1,2,3 so i'm happy to back her to be running on over them. Bet: American Tour EW. QD:2,3,8,11. 100% costs $192.

R9: Our Alfie Romeo. I have no question marks over her leading and thus winning. Others seem to have some so maybe she gets out to around $1.50 and we can back her.

R10: Tiffany Rose. Good little race this one. I know Tiffany Rose is flying where as I just want to see Double Expresso win this time in before I can be in her corner. Wont be backing either of them but I may back Miss Merit 1by9 type bet. She has beaten up on some weaker fields at her last two but you don't win like that unless you have talent.

R11: Bhagwan. Couldn't understand why he was so well in the market last week and he basically ran to my expectations. He looks to get a really soft lead here though so if he is ever going to win another race this might be it. Bet: Bhagwan win.

Good luck all.

VillageKid, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• VillageKidVillageKid    2,280 posts
    Race 1- Grinny Vinnie
    Race 2- Quick Stride
    Race 3- As Happy As Larry
    Race 4- Iceenothink
    Race 5- Galactic Star
    Race 6- Mon Lillies
    Race 7- Extradite
    Race 8- Has No Fear
    Race 9- Fake News
    Race 10- Tiffany Rose
    Race 11- Rock Me Over

Ridersonthestorm33, Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited January 2020
    Looks like @freodockers was waiting for you to go first @Gilgamesh ....trailing into the tipping race for a soft sit kick finish  ;))

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Thanks Curmudgeon how's the lounge chair, have made a point of not reading VKs or Gilgas tips so here we go.
    Race 1 Grinny Vinnie should work its way to the front as I don't think Shannon will hold lead.
    Race 2 Quick Stride ran home last start in quick time, if leads and runs similar last half very hard to get over.
    Race 3 Courage Tells leads and falls in, GJK is going to pounce one night at good odds.
    Race 4 Golden State should work its way to the front or breeze 1700 mtrs draw helps him a lot.
    Race 5 Vulcan Tin in a raffle, can see an early dust up, if that's the case could be a big first 4 12,10,11,9 in any order.
    Race 6 Roughie Alert Bee Seventeen was eyecatching run second run for new trainer finishing third from well back to a couple of smarties. The old recipe small field, good driver and a bit of luck equals good return.
    Race 7 Braeview Bondi leads and wins was good run last start I think.
    Race 8 pick my Pocket, awful race
    Race 9 Alfie Romeo
    Race 10 in bed but big tip for the night Mr Ardee because the veteran Matt Saw says my tips are ****.
    There you go Curmudgeon and I haven't had beer yet so these could be way off.

curmudgeon likes this post.

Sorry Mr Arden race 11. Too many races race 10 Double Expresso
    See how honest I am Curmudgeon only 1 horse same as Gilgamesh and two VK.

curmudgeon, Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited January 2020

See how honest I am Curmudgeon only 1 horse same as Gilgamesh and two VK.

It's either honesty or Matt the Veteran may be correct ....all will be revealed
    Well Curmudgeon appears we are 1 all.
    Silence is golden Curmedgeon.
    VK Freo 2 Gilgamesh 1.
    As Admiral Yamamoto said Curmudgeon you have "I think we have woken a sleeping giant".
    That's 3/3 my friend.
    Gilgamesh licking his wounds.
    Oh dear Curmudgeon if you want to include Busselton that's 4/4.
    Vk and Gilgamesh have fought back
    Score Freo 3, VK 3 and languishing is Gilgamesh 2.