G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 19 Non Members

patinack fire sale

Breeding

Comments

• SPUDLEYSPUDLEY    1,584 posts
    It is a bit rough but he is allowed to do it , some of those he has kept are nice horses especially Peron and Reflectance
  • goosegoose    1,628 posts
    What is going on here? is the bloke broke or not? is he going to keep the stable going in Australia?
  • tonytony    2,361 posts
    goose said:

What is going on here? is the bloke broke or not? is he going to keep the stable going in Australia?

He has said the Australian stable will not be kept and that everything is still for sale.

Not sure however if you can believe what he says.

Whether he will race any retained horses elsewhere who knows.
    Well now the deal to buy Patinack has fallen through wow it looked dodgy to start with and now Gerry Harvey is looking at buying it all just less the millions he is owed.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    and that my friend is how the rich make money!!!!

Dale, paraletic, Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

Yes Rio you are right again Gerry is a very smart man to go from selling vacuum cleaners door to door to being a billionaire shows how clever he has been.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts

amazing businessman! If tinkler had just an inch of Gerry's brain he could have been dangerous!

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Apparently he has a lunch buddy on the Committee here in Perth. That connection made me laugh uncontrollably
    Just imagine if we had Gerry running Perth Racing he would leave the current knobs for dead or in hindsight he wouldn't even bother s it's a lost cause.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    SPUDLEY said:

Just imagine if we had Gerry running Perth Racing he would leave the current knobs for dead or in hindsight he wouldn't even bother s it's a lost cause.

think the second part of your statement is the most appropriate one...He has got an interest in a horse or two over here and has expressed a desire to do more in the future. So at least he understands where we are. But doubt he'd ever be too interested in how PR operates. I think RWWA initially denied him the right to register his colours here as they were too close to someone else's!!!! :-??
    RIO said:

SPUDLEY said:

think the second part of your statement is the most appropriate one...He has got an interest in a horse or two over here and has expressed a desire to do more in the future. So at least he understands where we are. But doubt he'd ever be too interested in how PR operates. I think RWWA initially denied him the right to register his colours here as they were too close to someone else's!!!! :
    Rio, what horses does he have an interest in over here?
    Magic Millions sale at the end of September will include everything Tinkler owns 5 farms plus 560 horses as he owes Gerry $40mil so come on Powerball 8-> $-) [-O<

RIO likes this post.

Question: Does a stud this size make money? I thought they would haemorrhage money in bucket loads? Do Darley and Coolmore turn a profit?
  • LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    Surely those big two studs make money, but the racing would surely be where a lot of profits come from!

The studs would almost be run purely to raise horses to race for prizemoney!

Dale likes this post.

Most studs run at a loss so that their owners can claim a tax deduction off their main business e.g Harvey Norman but places like Coolmore,Darley,Emirates,Eliza Park and Widden are run as a business.
  • DaleDale    1,346 posts

Surely those big two studs make money, but the racing would surely be where a lot of profits come from!

The studs would almost be run purely to raise horses to race for prizemoney!
    but thats about it, arrowfield, vinery, widden etc run at a slight loss but have taxation rules that keep them viable.

Interesting story on Perthnow about how Gerry loaned Tinkler 45mill just wish I had someone like that.

Rio or anybody else can you do your magic please as it is a good read.

RIO likes this post.

• DaleDale    1,346 posts
    they need to make a movie about the tink meister, they can show it at tropfest in sydney next year.

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    catalouge is online

• octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    How much for Tremec? Running in the Wyong cup on Friday...
  • Being a 6yr old will pull him up a bit, but anywhere between $100-200k
  • SHOVHOGSHOVHOG    1,792 posts
    Gerry got offered Jb Hifi in its infancy for stuff all. Biggest mistake he ever made
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    whats another billion if you already have a few.....?
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    edited September 2014
    A billion Falc :)

thefalcon, TheDiva likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    Hi everyone,

I will be attending the Horses in Training Sale on the Gold Coast at
    the end of the month. Whilst there I will also be looking through the
    Patinack Dispersal Sale of yearlings, two & three year olds,
    racehorses and stallions on offer as part of this unique sale.

For stock being offered I will be doing a full breeding analysis prior to my arrival, then inspecting as many as possible.

If you have an interest in purchasing and you can't get there, or even
    if you can and would like an independent opinion, I would be happy to
    assist.

Just drop me a line here or email to:
    [email protected]
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

Hi everyone,

I will be attending the Horses in Training Sale on the Gold Coast at
    the end of the month. Whilst there I will also be looking through the
    Patinack Dispersal Sale of yearlings, two & three year olds,
    racehorses and stallions on offer as part of this unique sale.

For stock being offered I will be doing a full breeding analysis prior to my arrival, then inspecting as many as possible.

If you have an interest in purchasing and you can't get there, or even
    if you can and would like an independent opinion, I would be happy to
    assist.

Just drop me a line here or email to:
    [email protected]

all those who wanted a PTT horse, this is the ideal opportunity
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    only if it goes to Adam Durrant.......no ifs, no buts.

H-BOMBER likes this post.