G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 13 Non Members

Ascot Preview, 1st Feb

West Australian Racing

Comments

• RadmanRadman    1,992 posts
    ...and if he drops a fellow jock and kills them, I'm sure you'll be on here to pay your condolences...after collecting your winnings of course.

What pont did yesterday lacked class and if you think otherwise, you're a first grade tossa.

Jordan, TheFunkster likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    zaheed said:

Say what u like about the guy but as a punter when the money goes on u know who u want riding for u he will take a gap and if their is not one their try and force one has a go as a punter I like that some may not agree but that does not worry me.All I say is that's y he is a class rider a few could take a lot from looking how he goes about his trade and take the good and bad that goes with it.

I have no issue with jocks riding strongly and with passion, but injuring other horses and other riders is where the line needs to be drawn!

Not often you see jocks having to dismount from horses prior to the mounting enclosure!

@Tivers - did RK pull up OK?

Untitled-1.jpg
    630 x 462 - 95K

Bondyjnr likes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    thats PH on the winner, atleast he's over there showing some concern, knew exactly what he was doing and what he did.

TheFunkster dislikes this post.

• GaryHGaryH    1,012 posts

zaheed said:

Say what u like about the guy but as a punter when the money goes on u know who u want riding for u he will take a gap and if their is not one their try and force one has a go as a punter I like that some may not agree but that does not worry me.All I say is that's y he is a class rider a few could take a lot from looking how he goes about his trade and take the good and bad that goes with it.

I have no issue with jocks riding strongly and with passion, but injuring other horses and other riders is where the line needs to be drawn!

Not often you see jocks having to dismount from horses prior to the mounting enclosure!

@Tivers - did RK pull up OK?

Horse seems fine.  Just shied as he was waiting for the winner to return.  Probably expected to cop another one.....
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    Gee whizz can only imagine how filthy the camp are in private (given what they are posting in public). The eggman would be poached :-&
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Next jockey that ends the career of one of my horses won't forget it in a hurry.
    I'll sue his f@rkin @rse off and take him to the cleaners!
    Vengence is best served cold...

RIO, hash likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,687 posts
    So is the horse in trouble ? It didn't look more than a couple of heavy bumps.
  • peleuspeleus    70 posts
    Not sure yet. Let's wait and see for new updates then. image
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts

The Diva said:

sinti said:

Are we talking about Damien Winn worse trainer in world

bag away..... trained a few winners have you? 
    Must remember that response for the jockey baggers
    Bag away. .......ridden a few winners have you?

So PB just a question on the other threads on this site under sport ,footballers,cricketers,Soccer players ect cop it week after week by fans ect ?? why are we so precious with these little fellas ??are they immune to copping a bagging ??

Thoroly_Bread likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts

Next jockey that ends the career of one of my horses won't forget it in a hurry.

How could you possibly sue a jock if a horse gets injured ??

Is that something that could happen ?? It opens up a big can of worms

hash likes this post.

• LuckyLongshotsLuckyLongshots    4,270 posts
    edited February 2014
    dungy said:

Would be a huge can of worms....but I wouldn't be surprised given the huge money some owners are putting into horses these days!

I'd presume jockeys these days must have some form of public liability insurance to covers their actions though!
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    Quite easy to sue for damages, especially when liability is admitted or proven with a careless riding charge.
    No different to someone negligently pranging in to your car. That's why there are rules. You break the rules and you are liable for the consequences of your actions.
    We (the owners) had a watertight $250k plus damages case last time round. Hmm...the statute of limitations probably isn't up either...!

RIO likes this post.

sinti dislikes this post.

• hashhash    7,495 posts
    dungy said:

its all part of the game.. no need for a court case, if your that serious you'd take matters into your own hands, much cheaper and effective imo

TheFunkster likes this post.

• sintisinti    109 posts
    If horse goes of in barriers ya be take company that makes gates to court n if ask me you are the 1 liable for damages for putting your horse in dangerousness situation
    sinti said:

If horse goes of in barriers ya be take company that makes gates to court n if ask me you are the 1 liable for damages for putting your horse in dangerousness situation

If the barriers are built to Australian standard, and are maintained to the manufacturers recommendation, then yes its the risk of racing.

But for Funksters "example", a jockey being proven guilty to careless riding would be similar to Perth Racing using faulty gates. In both situations, the aggrieved party would have to prove that injury was caused because of the fault, AND that it was reasonably foreseeable that injury could occur.

Racing is a dangerous sport, and no one will argue that a horse can and and do injure themselves in running without fault of others. I think the point is that we don't need the added risk of jockeys blatantly breaching the rules to get they're horse to, win. Normally the stewards will 'disincentives' the jockey with a suspension. But I could see a dramatic improvement in safety if the first rider to lose a case has to pay the cost of the horse, and the 'possible' future race winnings as penalty. Even if the insurance company pays out, the jockey will be told to change, or risk not being insured.

The downside (I can hear the tears coming) is that the punter will have to put up with a favourite NOT being used as a bumper car to get off the fence.

I like the horse RK but the reason that horse lost was because the trainer jockey and owner all played there part in making it loose

Trials are there to educate your horse especially 2yo but instead they choose to win trials as far as possible the horse is gaining no experience of race situation and that why I thought that the horse would be green

In its trial doesn't look green cause it just gets sent forward if they should of played around putting him amongst horses he would of beat PI and ST
    edited February 2014
    OK then. I'll pass your training tips along..... But, I can't help geting the feeling your a ****** and not worth listening to.... A couple of your previous post to Jordan were provokative, but I had given the benifit that it was light hearted competitive baiting.

Palace intruder won its trials by 5.25 and 3 lengths respectively. Are you going to post that Trevor Andrews has no idea how to train because he didn't hold his horse back to the field?

In the end, I was pretty happy with RK's run all things considered. The horse wasn't green, it was sideways. But in the end, your absolutly right. RK should have won that race, and every one after it because anything less is a failure of the jockey, trainer and owners.. /:)

Darkhorse, RIO, TheFunkster likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts

sinti said:

I like the horse RK but the reason that horse lost was because the trainer jockey and owner all played there part in making it loose

Trials are there to educate your horse especially 2yo but instead they choose to win trials as far as possible the horse is gaining no experience of race situation and that why I thought that the horse would be green

In its trial doesn't look green cause it just gets sent forward if they should of played around putting him amongst horses he would of beat PI and ST

do you mind explaining where the horse raced greenly? 

you seriouse try from jump all the way to the corner wouldn't go close to silver trace always kept a gap if this was closed then Harvey would had no were to go even though he kind of didn't anyway

• DarkhorseDarkhorse    666 posts
    I
    sinti said:

you seriouse try from jump all the way to the corner wouldn't go close to silver trace always kept a gap if this was closed then Harvey would had no were to go even though he kind of didn't anyway

Improve your spelling and grammar
    You come across as an absolute tosser

The Diva said:

sinti said:

do you mind explaining where the horse raced greenly? 
    I did have a laugh on Mondays RR, when Trevor explained that he thought both horses were "at fault".  The gap between the two horses is big enough to fit without bumping isn't it?

Race replay from the 600 is still up on PR site if you'd like to review....  Or not, who cares.
    IMG_0702.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 103K

TheDiva, RIO, TheFunkster, Bondyjnr likes this post.

• SuperSnoopSuperSnoop    164 posts
    sinti said:

the forum has a new troll. you cant seriously be that stupid 

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    edited February 2014
    sinti said:

He was hard held in his trial/s.
    Jockey was specifically told to hold him, and if others came to him, went past him etc -so what.
    Was just there to go around.

But hey...............what would I know
    you're preaching it- it must be gospel.

Also interesting how you mention in your post what I'm about.
    Obviously didn't do much research though as anyone who knows me knows I couldn't give a fu@k about trials.
    I've had horses win trials by 8L, and never win a race.
    Have had horses run 30L last in trials, and win Listed races.

Carlosa likes this post.

• Just Mailman MK11
    LOL
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    They are only 2 year olds - risky move by the Pontif imho, could have led to disaster.
    What it looks like on the reply (and I could be way off the mark) is that Pikey was trying to hold the Pontif in.
    When PJH has given him the bump - Pikey has come back for seconds and still tried to tried to hold his ground - poor baby probably had NFI what was going on and what it was supposed to do. Good way to gain experience though I suppose ;)

:-? Now if Pikey had been a little less stubborn and moved after the 1st bump, would have finished a lot closer , (if not won) - protest upheld

Brunswick_cow, Darkhorse likes this post.

Hmmmmmmm
    Legless maybe, but not clueless ;)

Darkhorse likes this post.

• peleuspeleus    70 posts
    LOL, sue the horse perhaps. I guess we just need to let that go. Things like that just happens. image

hash likes this post.