G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Philadelphia Man vs Lennytheshark

Harness & Greyhounds
SHOVHOGSHOVHOG    1,792 posts
edited January 2015 Harness & Greyhounds
Looking forward to the shep cup tonight! Love the fact it's a stand.

Any thoughts lads ?

Comments

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    The Man overraced a bit in front but still disappointing for me. Winner sprinted well. Lenny excellent not well away can only get better. Should be a great Victoria Cup coming up looking forward to that.
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    Not langs best drive imo was no need to go 27.4 down the back and that opened up the gaps for 3 and 4 back the fence to make ground b4 the turn and outsprint him after having suck runs
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    So had a look , didn't like the run drive, I remember someone telling me one day if there's no one applying pressure or looming up out wide then you should always aim to make the 3rd quarter the slowest one of the race and I think it's something to live by. A lot lower standard of race but Friday night A DeCampo on Typhoon Tan burned the 3rd quarter when no one was applying pressure or making a run, shock horror set it up for the back markers.

On this race still thought that puts a bit of dent in Phili and showed Lenny the shark should be at longer than $10 for this sat.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,281 posts
    Cant wait for the Victoria Cup should be a ripper of a race.
  • MarkovinaMarkovina    2,907 posts
    Shocking Race - Shockingly unfair track Shepparton - leader - behind leader - 3 back the pegs - 4 bag the pegs - Victoria have got plenty of tracks like that - Charlton - Bendigo - Geelong - Cranbourne - the list is endless 

And you can add to that list Bunbury - now they have put in a sprint lane - that is a screaming on the pegs track now - virtually impossible now to make ground out wide - what Another Vinnie did was quite common before the sprint lane went in - not anymore - horses who are 40 yards inferior to another horse - can get a peg run and beat them - Fumanchu running 2nd at about 80-1 3 starts back was a good example - Riverdale Joker actually winning a race ( on the pegs of course) there - well it was just that a joke 

Id prefer to bet at Narrogin and Wagin now than Bunbury - ive sacked Bunbury - worst track to bet on in WA - NO form - hug the pegs - and you can finish in the 1st 4 - forget it - you will go broke 
  • G-MacG-Mac    1,573 posts
    edited January 2015

On first look I thought Lang got pantsed. He was more worried about Lenny coming off his back than anything else and fair enough. You don't expect the 4 pegs horse to get a saloon passage like that.

On further review I still feel that Lang thought his only danger was Lenny . Star Chamber has the 1x1 but outclassed and old Jaccka Clive, bless him, was looking for somewhere to lie down after that 3rd quarter. Credit the winner for a great finishing burst but he started FR1 off scratch and travelled most of the race 4 pegs. So he dawdles from the tapes and waits. Not a penny spent in running and then blows the whistle and the heavens part. P Man comes off 10m, does all the work to get to the front, sets the pace and gets beaten by a sprint lane run from a horse who did nothing in transit. Only beaten 2.4m so he actually ran a faster mile rate than the winner. Official mile rates P Man: 1.58.559 and FL 1.58.894