G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 55 Non Members

AFL Round 9

Sport

Comments

• AndrewCarterAndrewCarter    2,171 posts
    I really couldn't care less and I don't have access to that info and a lot of stats, not all stats obviously, will tell you whatever you want them to tell you at times.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    SHOVHOG said:

dungy said:

SHOVHOG said:

West Coast are an average team. North are a cut above them.

Put your money where your mouth is if you wanna bet ?

Cool mate

I will have a 100 says WC beat North
    Done.

Nth aren't a great side but the one thing they have always done the last couple of years is respond the week after an ordinary game. They won't lose down in tassie.

Wouldn't want to deprive you of you hard earned, I would much rather take it off some scum of the earth corporate.
    Just sick to death of all the totally unwarranted and downright ignorant attacks on Nic over the years, no doubt Sandilands is a great player for Freo but and it's my opinion I consider Naitanui of far more value to West Coast than Sandilands is to Fremantle.

Legend
  • FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    edited June 2015

Wouldn't want to deprive you of you hard earned, I would much rather take it off some scum of the earth corporate.

Surprised you`re still betting with the corporates.

Based on you`re expert analysis of everything, thought you might have been banned.

Guess your supposed expertise might not be matched by your punting ability.

dungy, nosoup4u likes this post.

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    efficiency not even close
    Capture.PNG
    990 x 125 - 9K
    All things being equal (barring serious injury, deplorable conditions etc) I reckon the Eagles are the best of good things this week and what's more they're value because of the ridiculous expectation around a very average side in North.
    Anyway can anyone explain apart from the fact the dogs clearly didn't turn up ( and the fact they were a very good result for me in the last leg of an all up), how Melbourne managed to beat the Dogs the previous week, still shaking my head over that one.

I really couldn't care less and I don't have access to that info and a lot of stats, not all stats obviously, will tell you whatever you want them to tell you at times.

Arrrrr typical Journo or try hard you just make it up as you go along
    SHOVHOG said:

dungy said:

SHOVHOG said:

They have a lot of injuries Hoggy and are poorly coached

Done.

Nth aren't a great side but the one thing they have always done the last couple of years is respond the week after an ordinary game. They won't lose down in tassie.

SHOVHOG said:

dungy said:

SHOVHOG said:

Done.

Poorly coached and have injuries Scott is in the same mould as Hardwicke there called mini vans
    Fastmoney said:

Surprised you`re still betting with the corporates.

Based on you`re expert analysis of everything, thought you might have been banned.

Guess your supposed expertise might not be matched by your punting ability.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Hey Andrew did any of you sports journo's ring any of Kerr's Denmark team mates to ask about how upsetting it was to lose him so soon??

dungy, rooboy likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    I'd take hardwick at north any day!
    Scott has been told to have a spell and go get his back done... If north come good in the next 4 weeks ( which I doubt), I reckon he's gone. No info, just a hunch.
    We need to go get WOOSHA. Perfect fit for us to find a bit of that shinboner spirit that has all but gone.
    I'm not dumb enough to get banned, apart from 365 who just ban everybody, am doing very well thank you and I don't bet in amounts large enough to worry them.
    I also often spread my punting around a number of corporates or betfair rather than just any one agency ( I go wherever I can get the best price or value about my fancy) if I can earn 2 or 3k at least during one week of every month then I'm more than happy.
  • bradybrady    1,453 posts
    I find it really hard to compare Sandi and Nic Nat
    Both different type of on ball Ruckman the game has changed
    So much in the last 5years.
    Sandis effort against Adel was exceptional record no of hits out
    won the game for Freo just ask Ross the Boss
    Nic Nat also was a great performance his best for the year and maybe Mark of the year
    Think it's just great Freo West Coast are 1/2 hopefully will stay that way
    For the rest of Season

dungy, RIO likes this post.

The Diva said:

I'd take hardwick at north any day!
    Scott has been told to have a spell and go get his back done... If north come good in the next 4 weeks ( which I doubt), I reckon he's gone. No info, just a hunch.
    We need to go get WOOSHA. Perfect fit for us to find a bit of that shinboner spirit that has all but gone.

Woosha ???

Diva once mis midfield disappeared or should I say overdosed he was proven to be an avg coach his last 2 years at WC he was bloody poor nah have a crack at Brendon Bolton

I'm not dumb enough to get banned, apart from 365 who just ban everybody, am doing very well thank you and I don't bet in amounts large enough to worry them.
    I also often spread my punting around a number of corporates or betfair rather than just any one agency ( I go wherever I can get the best price or value about my fancy) if I can earn 2 or 3k at least during one week of every month then I'm more than happy.

Let me have a stab ,,,, you never get beat you always win

brady, nosoup4u likes this post.

Dungy I don't write on footy, as much as I would like to be doing so and I am  experienced in writing about footy  but any writing I undertake other than rewriting existing copy has to be done in my own time and I don't get paid any extra for it.
    I will write stories every now and then to keep my hand in and when it suits me to do so but apart from that my job is editing, layout and checking for errors, typo's, grammatical mistakes, correcting poor quality copy and writing headlines etc for whichever part of the sports section that I'm working on at the time.
    edited June 2015

Think you mean you don`t win enough.
    edited June 2015
    No I did about 5k in a fortnight last month which was a very poor result my worst in some time but one of those was a day where just nothing went right and I had several horses that I had really good bets on that should have won easily (i.e. North Ridge) etc and I was plain wrong on a couple of other occasions, it happens, but how you deal with those days and their aftermath is far more important than how you handle wining days and it has taken me about three and half weeks to get it back but I always knew I would.
    Everyone loses, sometimes you can just have a bad day, the breaks don't go your way, horses are poorly ridden or run below their form for whatever reason etc,etc, the key is and it took me a long time to learn this that those days can and will happen from time to time and you just have to move on and put it behind you.
    I don't have to worry or chase as I have enough of a bank behind me to absorb losses and can acknowledge that ok its been a bad day lets just ensure we do things better next time, don't make the same mistakes again and move on.
  • octaviusoctavius    2,290 posts
    SHOVHOG said:

dungy said:

SHOVHOG said:

Done.

The most encouraging thing for North this week and the next month is that they wont be coached by Brad 'sooky lala' Scott, that worries me, they will prob win the next 4 and tell Brad thanks for the memories, catch you later.

Darrbs likes this post.

edited June 2015
    It's very simple I add money as needed to my various accounts and then withdraw it again on Sunday night so I know exactly where I am at the end of every week and then can start over again whenever I elect to have a bet in the new week.
    Am more than happy with the way I'm supplementing my income.
  • bradybrady    1,453 posts
    Dangerous Game for WC
    North on the rebound after a weak effort !
    edited June 2015
    Agree but we're playing good footy and and are still improving, North will have to jump out of the ground (no doubt they probably will lift significantly) and we would have to be way off our game to get beaten for mine.
    I'm normally pretty good at reading the Eagles when they go interstate and I couldn't be more confident, even though this is a challenge, that we'll get the money.
    I was a bit apprehensive going into yesterday's game as I respect Geelong and what they stand for, I don't respect this bunch of frontrunners that comprise the majority of  the current North Melbourne team and they displayed yet again yesterday that when push comes to shove they stand for very little.

It's very simple I add money as needed to my various accounts and then withdraw it again on Sunday night so I know exactly where I am at the end of every week and then can start over again whenever I elect to have a bet in the new week.
    Am more than happy with the way I'm supplementing my income.

Eating Heinz baked beans instead of Black and Gold.

Well done.
    Whatever mate, my bank balance and the shares that I've averaged out very nicely over the last six months say different.
    Believe whatever you want to believe mate as again I couldn't care less, I know the truth and the truth is there's more one way to skin a cat.
  • TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    edited June 2015
    Andrew, i'd rather read the tripe that Damo writes, than the self indulgent crap that comes from your keyboard.
    I can't fathom how a self proclaimed journalist can write such crap.
    Mate you're entitled to your opinion, I couldn't less what you or others on here think but you're entitled to it nevertheless.
  • nosoup4unosoup4u    441 posts
    Are we all forgetting that North were beaten by the best young side in the comp this week?!?! :>

oldhendo likes this post.

• LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited June 2015
    Telling funnies on the footy thread huh? @nosoup4u :D

A Mum visits her son for dinner who lives with a girl roommate.
    During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how pretty his roommate was. She had long been suspicious of a relationship between the two, and this had only made her more curious....

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between him and his roommate than met the eye.

Reading his mum's thoughts, his son volunteered, “I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, we are just roommates."
    About a week later, his roommate came to him saying, “Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the silver plate. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"
    He said ,"Well, I doubt it, but I'll email her, just to be sure." He sat down and wrote :

Dear Mother: I'm not saying that you ‘did' take the silver plate from my house, I'm not saying that you ‘did not' take the silver plate But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.

Love, your son.

Several days later, he received an email from his Mother which read:

Dear Son: I'm not saying that you ‘do' sleep with your roommate, and I'm not saying that you ‘do not' sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her OWN bed, she would have found the silver plate by now, under her pillow…
    Love, Mum.

brady, nosoup4u, thefalcon, RIO, Carlosa likes this post.

• DarrbsDarrbs    410 posts
    Oh man this thread is a classic!

thefalcon, RIO, Legless likes this post.