G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 11 Non Members

Pinjarra Today.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited September 2016 Harness & Greyhounds
Good pacing today some smart horses went around.Taking nothing away from El Jacko great effort...but when Chicago Bull went to the front early with El Jacko in the breeze it was basically game over....unless!!...Chicago Bulls stablemate Toretto happens to come around and give Jacko a tremendous trail for the rest of the race. :-?? Toretto never gave a yelp and was the first beaten as El Jacko peeled off his back to go on and rein in the Bull.

Comments

• AbbysAceAbbysAce    567 posts
    What about Diamond Geezer sitting in the running line Riders?
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    To be honest it was the only race I missed seeing! They did look the two to beat the quinella pair.
    edited September 2016
    Was good to see battler Shane Steele get a couple of long priced roughies into the place money...Hurricane Zuki and Red West.
  • rooster321rooster321    186 posts
    How Nathan's courage was 1.40 from a stand has got me beat, can't even get away from a mobile without galloping

Ridersonthestorm33, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    And B.Cousins a win as well.....on Brownlow night. Nitro Lad for A. Markham....maybe he goes back onto Smokey after M.Granthams effort on Friday night.Breeding wise, Nitro is a brother to Nediak and Campora a brother to Vapour. Toretto can't be compared to the horse he was a while back and Ideal Tyson ain't as tough as Iron Mike!

VillageKid likes this post.

Nathans Courage long odds on. :-j
    edited September 2016
    Dividend of the day : Nitro Lad race.. first 4...over 5k with the 8 horse sitting on the back of Nitro Lad running 3rd.
    Markham will be back on smokey No doubt about that

JayJay likes this post.

edited September 2016
    Am in the minority but still say Smokey was never going to play a part the other night...F.R. Kersley in his heyday could have been driving and wouldn't have run anywhere. We await Smokeys next run with interest.
    FRK wouldn't have taken off 1000m from home on a horse with a short but potent sprint that has to be driven held up. Grantham goes well,no question, just not on this occasion in my view.

Offthebit, VillageKid likes this post.

edited September 2016
    I'm sure that race finished up breeze, leader, leaders back...not saying the drive was good but felt those three place getters had the race sewn up along way from home.
    They did have it sewn up ....because he gave Smokey no chance...a self fulfilling prophecy.
    Gave him no chance ? What else is he ment to do on a one dimensional horse ?
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts

Gave him no chance ? What else is he ment to do on a one dimensional horse ?

I think that is the point that JayJay is trying to make is that Smokey is one dimensional and that dimension is not going three wide without cover at the bell. I agree that he could not have won even if held up for a sprint from the 400m but would have hit the line and finished much closer with 3rd placing likely.

Like many others I have been very impressed with Michael Grantham's driving in recent months but even the best get it wrong some times.
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    The stewards have placed Nathans Courage on its last chance in the barrier draw in standing start races.

Given that it was a very short priced favourite and began hopelessly I would have thought a return to trials before starting in stands again would have been more appropriate.

Offthebit, VillageKid likes this post.

Nathan was as short as $1.25 early in the day...got out to about $1.70...the horse that was very well backed got the chocolates. Interesting betting race that one.