G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 43 Non Members

GP 12/10 Stratton Cup

Harness & Greyhounds
Dainty's Daughter, Blue Pennant, Red Vicar, Roscott, Virgil Queen, Pure Steel, Black Irish, Village Kid 3 times in 7 years, Morgan James, Whitby Heritage, Jack Morris, Shattering Class 4 in a row, Shardon's Aflyin, Sensational Gabby and last year Waylade.....if you can't find one you liked in that selected list of Stratton Cup Winners, your hard to please. As a sidenote, poor old Waylade was flavour of the month this time last year but is sadly battling at the moment.
BUT it is a great field and an interesting draw for Friday nights version with LBM, Bettors and Heez On Fire (irrelevant as I think he restrains) all drawn inside Beaudienne. If the same BB turns up, he wins by panels and tightens up as fav for the Inters. MyNamesKenny, welcome to Cup racing drawn out in the river and I think El Machine no chance. Some excellent support PBD races for M1 to M3 in race 4,5 and 6 leading into the Cup should be good betting/turnover races. Good programme.
+1 -1

rooster321 likes this post.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,672 posts
    Would expect I'm Victorious's race record of 1.55.9 to be blown out the back door as well!!!

Gilgamesh likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    If think Beaudiene Boaz can run well again on Friday night then the $13 a win and $4 a place as of Wednesday morning.is very appealing for the Inters Final.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,280 posts
    Race 1- Calais 
    Race 2- Zacharia
    Race 3- Chicago Bull
    Race 4- Nicnak Paddy Wak
    Race 5- Tact Major
    Race 6- Phoenix Warrior
    Race 7- Bettors Fire
    Race 8- NowuSeeMeGirl
    Race 9- Char Do Neigh
    Race 10- Sheer RocknRoll
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,739 posts
    R1: I've had something Franco Joaquin just in case he gets across at a massive price. Main bet on The Storm Chief, I'm a wrap for Calais and the speed should be on for him but I just struggle to catch R Williams. Novelties The Storm Chief and Calais to win from Aereus Maximus and Arriens.
    R2: I thought Easy Lightning would challenge The Marble Ridge hard for the lead and might even get it, the price loos very good to me. Easy Lightning my best for the night.
    R4: My Mate Stride was able to hold out Bhagwan a few starts back, went to the line bolting last start and has AC Lewis on tonight, at the price i'm happy to back him EW.
    R5: I thought with Jnr on his back Four Legged renzy would be doing everything possible to hold up. I like Commander Chapel but he is getting too short.
    R6: I cant have MFT even with Lewis on, he just went too bad for me last start. Delightful Offer has to be the one to beat but if Pheonix Warrior gets out to anything around the $4.50 i'll bet that way.
    R7: Heez On Fire short on tote early, the Bill Horn chatter factor no doubt everyone having there dollar ew! Sounds like Libertybelle holds up to me, suits Hez On Fire as he can just slot in behind them, another soft run to ease into the campaign but hopefully finishes as a winner this time.
    R8: I forgive Royal Myth for its first up run but i'm not keen to be on at that price.
    R9: This might be an upside down race I think and i'm happy to back Mosquito Buzzin to zap them late.
    R10:Best last race for a while! Thereugo I think crosses and is hard to beat but i'm going to have something on Mako Shadow to come from last (hopefully trail up Sheerrocknroll) and again zap them.

psycho, Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Having a throw at some e/w value:
    R2: Zacharia from the decent draw
    R3: Rycroft to breeze and upset
    R4: Nik Nak Paddywak
    R5: Ima Tragedy (self fulfilling omen bet)
    R6: Bronze Seeker
    R7: Ripper race...can LBM hold out Bettors, will it be game on for the lead, will BB come around and join in the war, will The Bucket List and Heez On Fire sit back smoking the pipe....on last weeks world class run, you would have to think Beaudienne if he runs up to form.LBM the place.
    R8: Royal Myth if some value appears.

Great night's racing, could well end up a blank page result but should be good fun. Luck to all.

• FastmoneyFastmoney    4,912 posts
    From Michael Grantham

The storm chief-looks to be a tonne of pace early, should slot in
    somewhere. Horse is really knocking on the door tonight could be his
    night.

Zacharia)2536m will really suit him. Speed out wide & we look to
    hopefully end up just off the speed & try to put him into race early.

Swimbetweentheflags-unsure what to do in this race, if they go silly
    early he could be on a move if not hopefully track something into it.

The Bucket List-hopefully be 1-1! Race looks hot & can sit right on
    speed.has exceptional 1/4s in him for when I need to use it.E/W chance.

Mary Catherine-moved to Clive dalton,change is good as holiday.
    Hopefully tracking something into it sit up & wait as has good turn
    of foot.

edited October 2016
    Photo of the 1974 J.P.Stratton (a bit faded)

edited October 2016
    Zacharia...well, he got into the race alright....and left just as quickly out the tradesman's entrance. Plati eh? Not too many winners of the Broken Hill Cup (16/3/16) get to win at GP.
    edited October 2016
    Good effort Rycroft and 2.20 the drum ...happy with that. The quinella only paid 2.70.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

JPG
    JPG
    image1.JPG

Great photo ...Rod Starkie for Harry Wegner. Great money spinner old Royal Relate.

My mate Troy Lewis tried tonight on Walter James, once he led he was home.
    How has that first four in race4 paid nearly $1400????

Really wish Lewis went leaders back, a missed opportunity for some easy prize money.
    Shannon Suvaljko and Mike Reed best combination going around! Rycroft earlier was a fantastic run too.

JayJay, Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited October 2016
    When a good horse like Libertybelle is in front or any good horse for that matter...only one place to be and one place only...pegs..pegs..pegs. Unless you are Pure Steel at his best..working out wide is almost an impossibility.
    edited October 2016
    Jason Lincoln tipped Soho Wonder to win the first for the late mail...$34 for a win and $7 a place fixed odds....tipped with quiet confidence too. A lap from home could see he was onto something!
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,847 posts
    Can find a value winner.

Jason Lincoln tipped Soho Wonder to win the first for the late mail...$34 for a win and $7 a place fixed odds....tipped with quiet confidence too. A lap from home could see he was onto something!

He was confident it could cross the one and two and in front would take some stacking. Exactly as it panned out. He read the race to a tee. The only thing that surprised him was the price.
  • ChrisChris    5,233 posts
    @Lincolnism can tip

JayJay, Gilgamesh, G-Mac likes this post.

A few hip and shoulders exchanged behind LBM from the corner...thought Bucket List was going to break stride a couple of times but Bettors would not be moved....interesting.

Not huge value Royal Myth but rounds out a very intriguing night. The mare LBM really travels sweetly for Shannon ......a perfect drive in front and didn't knock her around.....I like that style of driving in the mould of FRK and PC with mares.

Noticed Bhagwan searching for a run earlier...with not much luck..a win in the right race might be just around the corner. JJ you can sack Ima Tragedy once and forever...every mortal possible chance tonight on the back of Bungalow Bill.
    edited October 2016
    Bungalow Bill...what a consistent good horse. Reverse the barrier draw and he beats Commander Chappel. Am a big wrap for the Bungalow.
    A few got their marching orders tonight, him included. Thought Zacharia was very disappointing as well. Didn't mind the run of Tricky Styx either and I dare not say anything about Beaudienne Boaz, even though he was up against it coming off a slow lead time but he shot the lights out last start and didn't really fire at all tonight.
    Tricky Styx finished off nicely. Much better run.
    Wasn't following or betting but Lang Inwood 5 winners at Kal tonight ....most at Char Doo Neigh prices but its an achievement. Think Tricky better over 2500 (and longer) than the snappy 2100m...such a big striding beautiful mare...I think she runs in a 65 or 66 inch hopple.

edited October 2016
    Kurious just $2.15 fixed odds for the last...good luck at those odds. But will most likely lead on a leaders night. The Tornado just fell in last start in weak field when odds on at GP...tonight $71! Unusual to see a horse win at odds on then next start be 70/1.
    Not betting but Mako Shadow any chance? Been racing very well but drawn the river.