G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

• tony   9 seconds ago
1 Members & 40 Non Members

Comments

• Raff_2000Raff_2000    802 posts
    The form has been very consistent throughout the season so do you think that Prohurst Express would be the best of the local hopes to feature in the finish :-??
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    ok para what horse are you trying to get a better price on... I know you to well   :P
  • buffybuffy    273 posts
    I hear what you say about disposition but 4 or $5 would have been a great price.Carried 59kg its last 3 starts and finished 4.3 lgths behind Scales of Justice 2 starts back and SOJ would beat these with the handbrake on.Dark Royalty some hope with MTT and Red Ora but barrier 1 not good for it.
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Disposition lining up in a Hannans ?? Wow on the surface you would think past the post.
    But I thought that about Hartnell on the weekend as well. Ouch :-q
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,692 posts
    edited September 2017
    Well ill answer your questions Raff everyone else is obviously in a state of disposition :P

1)DD In the Kal cup yes it should be a good chance mate horse is in great form and is weighted on the limit of 54.5.
    2)The best of the locals for the Hannans is Dark Royalty (17 starts 8 wins, 3/5 @ 1400).

As for Disposition its out to 3.20 now and being its first look at the track, 59 and first up...pass thanks.

thefalcon, hash likes this post.

detonator said:

Disposition lining up in a Hannans ?? Wow on the surface you would think past the post.
    But I thought that about Hartnell on the weekend as well. Ouch :-q

Same here Det that result sucked great big balls...

detonator likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    hash said:

ok para what horse are you trying to get a better price on... I know you to well   :P

Hahaha nah that's not in my character mate  :D

Im sticking thick with Thidwick The moose - he owes me after the last run! 
    ~X(
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    we all seem to be forgetting miki..wonder why?

Well ill answer your questions Raff everyone else is obviously in a state of disposition :P

1)DD In the Kal cup yes it should be a good chance mate horse is in great form and is weighted on the limit of 54.5.
    2)The best of the locals for the Hannans is Dark Royalty (17 starts 8 wins, 3/5 @ 1400).

As for Disposition its out to 3.20 now and being its first look at the track, 59 and first up...pass thanks.

I forgot about Dark Royalty Thunder and I do agree that it is easily the best local chance. I still think Prohurst is the best chance for Peter Fernie out of his four runners though.
    thefalcon said:

You're not taking the Miki out of us are you now Falc? :)) :P
  • detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    Not normally one to consider horses because of their names, but Thidwick and Miki wouldn't look out of place on the honour roll of Hannans Hcp winners.
    Just a premonition !!! :-?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    know thidwick is a dr suess character but would really like to know how they got the name m2t... :-?
    miki is a next to nothing chance Raff..he's had a run at the track...even if it was 2yrs ago..well weighted.

Thunderstruck likes this post.

• careycarey    6,369 posts
    only 3 of them that are not out of the handicap.
    if you can believe the handicappers

of those 3, one has not won for going on 3 years.(disposition)
    one was itself ooth last start by .5kg(miki) so copped 5 points instead of 4 last time.
    and red ora the other one.

all the others have between 2kg and 11kg more than their rating suggests they should have.
    Jell said:

Yeah agree, way unders.

I'm actually very keen on Dark Royalty drops 5kg and is flying.

dark royalty is also carrying 3kg more than its rating suggests it should.
    if i was a gambler i would give it zero chance(but my computer says it comes 2nd!), because from where it seems to race, others do too, but at far greater speed for the run home

i would guess its out of 1 2 6 or 8
    not that i have  much clue these days.

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

thefalcon said:

know thidwick is a dr suess character but would really like to know how they got the name m2t... :-?
    miki is a next to nothing chance Raff..he's had a run at the track...even if it was 2yrs ago..well weighted.

T.T.M was bred by Geisel Park and Eddie Rigg loves his Dr Suess Horse Names. Cat in a Hat,Red Fish Blue Fish, Fuddle de Duddle and Green Eggs and Ham are all good examples of what I am talking about.
  • dungydungy    9,278 posts
    jum said:

hash said:

Disposition $4 into $2.80 just this morning!!

obvious Pike factor but at that price those odds are absolute poison, no doubt you'll get better on the tote anyway as they will surely back a few of the locals in

There was some 6s yesterday I was told, and some large bets went on at 5s.

First start for  the Durrant stable, who have been known to improve a horse or two a couple of lengths.

Couldn't see how Durrant can improve them
    Any more than Williams

thefalcon likes this post.

• dungydungy    9,278 posts
    It's a silly price now but has to be the worst Hannans on record to be honest the quality of horses up there this carnival has been below average

rooboy likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    carey said:

if i was a gambler i would give it zero chance(but my computer says it comes 2nd!), because from where it seems to race, others do too, but at far greater speed for the run home

Joanne Forrest has mentioned that Shooter will try and settle a lot closer than usual with the good barrier so he doesn't give them too much of a head start, which gives extra confidence going in.
  • ThumperThumper    820 posts
    I'm a gambler, I give it zero chance
    thefalcon said:

I haven't Falcon, Miki is the one for me. Camps just off the speed and will be to good for them again so long as the old Disposition doesn't turn up. If it does then it will win this hands down but at the prices Miki is a better bet for mine.

thefalcon likes this post.

dungy said:

It's a silly price now but has to be the worst Hannans on record to be honest the quality of horses up there this carnival has been below average

Yep it's terrible and reflective of the current system we have in place. The system doesn't create enough high rated horses and when it does there aren't enough races to keep them here. Key to Fame is the type of horse that use to make up the numbers in a race like this, not be your 3rd/4th horse in the market. 
    In regards to the rest of the meeting is this the worst round meeting we have ever seen. Races 1 to 5 have only between 5 and 7 runners. Didn't seem that long ago that prizemony during the round was at midweek levels and fields were at full capacity every race. 

Thunderstruck, thefalcon likes this post.

edited September 2017
    Miki is definitely a chance...gangsta ring to that name El Falco!!

I wish Red Ora had of drawn 10 rather than 1 it could beat these but buried the fence wont suit.

Why so re DR Thumper because its just a kal horse?
    Thumper said:

In regards to the rest of the meeting is this the worst round meeting we have ever seen. Races 1 to 5 have only between 5 and 7 runners. Didn't seem that long ago that prizemony during the round was at midweek levels and fields were at full capacity every race. 

Woeful numbers indeed.
    hash said:

obvious Pike factor but at that price those odds are absolute poison, no doubt you'll get better on the tote anyway as they will surely back a few of the locals in

Not a real fluc. Sportsbet put up $2.8 so William Hill / Tabtouch just wound in to match.

Interestingly Tabtouch seem to be actually be setting their own prices on this one believe it or not. Amazing scenes. After the initial shift this morning they have got Disposition at $3 whereas its $2.45 everywhere else. Miki is much shorter with Tabtouch than everywhere else.  

hash likes this post.

jum said:

hash said:

There was some 6s yesterday I was told, and some large bets went on at 5s.

First start for  the Durrant stable, who have been known to improve a horse or two a couple of lengths.

Opened at $5.5, $6 never available

hash likes this post.

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,256 posts
    Roger the Roman for mine. Back down from Broome carrying the grandstand and killing them. On the minimum here with old mate Hally on board, sits just behind the speed. Disposition just going around with the big weight to compress the weights. Hard to believe he was contesting group races over east.

I reckon since Roger crossed the line last start over 1300 they've had this penciled in. Late money I'm expecting

Thunder, it's win in town last prep was against the likes of War God and Grey Enigma. How would they stack up in a race like the Farnley that Miki comes out of or the WFA races Disposition comes out of.

2 runs this prep have been against nothing horses and the form just won't stack up. Beat Prohurst express by 0.5L carrying 0.5kg's less than it.

And there's a good chance it will be settling well back even from the good draw.

Hopefully I won't have egg on my face tomorrow.   

Best of the day Shibuya Crossing. Nice first up run followed by a 2nd to up and comer Mycroft. Beats this mob of battlers

jum, Thunderstruck likes this post.

edited September 2017

Just had a look at 2010 out of interest

Hannans worth 10k more and just as bad a field as this year

Support card races worth 3.5k more and also struggled for numbers across most of the races  

• SticksSticks    548 posts
    carey said:

only 3 of them that are not out of the handicap.
    if you can believe the handicappers

of those 3, one has not won for going on 3 years.(disposition)
    one was itself ooth last start by .5kg(miki) so copped 5 points instead of 4 last time.
    and red ora the other one.

all the others have between 2kg and 11kg more than their rating suggests they should have.

Jell said:

Yeah agree, way unders.

I'm actually very keen on Dark Royalty drops 5kg and is flying.

i would guess its out of 1 2 6 or 8
    not that i have  much clue these days.

You say that Dark royalty has no chance because its rating means it is running with 3kg more than it should, however you give the 6 a chance even though it has 2 ratings points less then dark royalty?? explain that one to me please!!