G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 27 Non Members
It bugs me when patently false and misleading information is disseminated on the official results website. I was just having a look at the meeting at Ascot on Saturday 3/2/18 when I saw the following information regarding Battle Hero's rider saying it felt uncomfortable in its action. The trouble is that if you read the stewards report it says that it was the rider of Dream Lifter that said it felt uncomfortable, not Battle Hero.

PNG
PNG
asc6a.PNG
+1 -1

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

Comments

• RodentRodent    7,049 posts
    FFS, now in the next race CRIS says ADRIAN MAKFI Rider advised the gelding felt uncomfortable in its action during running

....but the stewards report says:

ADRIAN MAKFI – Held up from on straightening until approaching the 200m.
  • careycarey    6,369 posts
    maybe the person doing it is dyslexic!
    it does make for frustration, when you can't trust your source of information.
    one reason why i walked from wa, is that i got sick of highlighting and fixing errors that just kept on coming endlessly.
    but do they give a fig????
    N O

RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    it would be refreshing if somebody from RWWA came on here and said "sorry for the stuff up, we will try to ensure it does not happen again"
  • careycarey    6,369 posts
    Falcon, when Zucal was in charge he told me that stewards had a list that they had to tick off before each race.
    If they did or didn't, I don't know, but it made no difference whatsover., the errors kept coming.
    What else did not change was that the stewards kept blaming others for the errors after they had happened.
    Was it not their job to make sure it was correct in the first instance?

It keeps going back to the same thing......accountability.
    Nobody in WA wants it.

RIO likes this post.

• JellJell    1,201 posts
    edited February 2018
    thefalcon said:

it would be refreshing if somebody from RWWA came on here and said "sorry for the stuff up, we will try to ensure it does not happen again"

I think we have more chance of a Politician admitting they are wrong.

;))
  • spinkingspinking    3,748 posts

What time did you get to the Charles today Falc or have you not left there since last night after even remotely thinking something like that  may happen

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited February 2018
    Jell also reminds of the political satires Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister.

Can hear public servant Humphrey Appleby exclaiming...'punters have never had more accessible information provided for them. Whether it's accurate or not is not the point minister!.'

oldhendo, carey, Manchild, RIO likes this post.

don't go every evening spinking...u think i'm a ****-tank?
    i'll be there about 5 as I am going to back scooner in the last.
    u popping in?

carey likes this post.

Love to pop in and have a shandy or two with you Falc just a little bit out of my ground , and find it hard stopping at two on a Thirstday but you never know

what suburb are you spink?
    if u pop in i'll be in a yellow tshirt..
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,262 posts
    Yes Adrian Makfi was held up...thanks for the reminder :))
    The sconers must be tasting a little bit sweeter tonight Falc
    :!!