G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Tips for Karrakatta Oaks and Derby

West Australian Racing
Would like to know every bodies thoughts on the Karrakatta,Oaks and Derby.
Oaks. Dark Choice
Karrakatta Jericho Missile
Derby. Cockney Crew

Comments

• ElitistElitist    365 posts
    Derby: Regal Power will lap them

H-BOMBER likes this post.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited March 2019
    Karrakatta - will wait for the barrier draw - but thought from working in the breeze was a good gutsy win by "Roll Over" Beethoven.

Also up outside the leader in the fillies event was Amelia's On Fire she battled away quite well - if either of those two draw well should be right in it.

Rio Del Mar and Niccovi also look good, looks a favourites race - Dig Deep also ran on ok after a slow start.

The ride by Chris Parnham on Rio Del Mar outstanding, see he got the underrated He's A Parker up at Bunbury. One of the best hoops in Australia imo.

Also talking of two year old race's and jockeys - Golden Slipper winner Damian Lane also one of the best hoops in Australia. Willy Pike, Damian Oliver, Lane and Parnham all as good as I've seen anywhere.

thefalcon, Chelsea likes this post.

• DharrisDharris    67 posts
    Definitely getting on Prim and Proper. Carrying an extra 2.5 kgs to Rio Del mar in the gimcrack. Has previously beaten Beethoven. At 54.5kg, she’s gonna fly home.

There are some pretty exciting 2YO’s!

Oaks- would be nuts not to consider Jedaffair

Derby- Regal Power or Platoon with a cheeky bet on Utgard Loki

• H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,235 posts
    I'm on Jericho Missile and Regal Power in the Karrakatta and Derby.

I'm going for the third stringer in Vinaceous in the Oaks. I think it's primed
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Dharris said:

Definitely getting on Prim and Proper. Carrying an extra 2.5 kgs to Rio Del mar in the gimcrack. Has previously beaten Beethoven. At 54.5kg, she’s gonna fly home.

Prim n Proper got galloped on last start, needed 10 stitches i heard. Not the ideal preparation for the KK. Must have missed some work you'd think
    Flanders said:

Dharris said:

Prim n Proper got galloped on last start, needed 10 stitches i heard. Not the ideal preparation for the KK. Must have missed some work you'd think

Not sure if you mean she’s injured or you’re saying she’s not good enough. Hard to tell with all the race jargon ????
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts

Injured Dharris. Horse behind her struck her legs hence the terminology galloped on

• thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    ^^ that should be in the blind mice report, flanders…
    I am rapt in JM..it just wins imho...
    spinking said:

Injured Dharris. Horse behind her struck her legs hence the terminology galloped on

Oh really?? She looked sound after the race. Does your source know if she will still run in the plate? 10 stitches sounds nasty.
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Sorry mate I didn't post the original message only describing the term galloped on to you. Flanders might be the man to ask that. should be in the stewards report though about her being galloped on
  • FlandersFlanders    1,197 posts
    Dharris said:

spinking said:

Oh really?? She looked sound after the race. Does your source know if she will still run in the plate? 10 stitches sounds nasty.

No idea sorry, just reporting what i heard the other day
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Oaks - Jedaffair
    Karrakatta - Miss West Coast
    Derby - Blackwood River
  • buffybuffy    273 posts
    Prim and Proper not starting in the Karrakatta.

buffy said:

Prim and Proper not starting in the Karrakatta.

That is so disappointing
  • DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,660 posts
    As usual some love their barriers others have it all to do.
    edited April 2019
    Always a cracker of a race, settling on -
    1. Amelia's On Fire
    2. Rio Del Mar
    3. Beethoven
    4. Jericho Missile

Two "smokey's"- like the way Dig Deep finished off previous run and don't be surprised if this gal comes from the clouds - Spacegirl.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts
    riders, I reckon JM is next to a good thing as you'll get in a tough race.
    I am a bit biased as my fav. greyhound person, Linda Britten is a part owner...
    edited April 2019
    Think can back a few to beat the Missile but he's a danger alright. He'll run a clear cut favourite. Leaning ever so slightly to taking him on.
  • pikerpiker    404 posts
    ROTS, what do you think of the rider on Amelia''s?
    I was hoping for a surprise with WP being on!
  • SKIDSSKIDS    1,006 posts
    edited April 2019
    I'll be sticking with Spacegirl.

Kellys Callisto in the Derby
    edited April 2019
    Good Collingwood supporter is Jason Brown @piker so must be a good fellow! He's been around awhile now ( like quite a few of them, was just saying the other day ) but he's stood the test of time as a hoop.

Noticed most of the money at this stage seems to be for Jerricho Missile and Rio Del Mar, with Beethoven being a big drifter out to over double figures. Spacegirl 25/1 in places.

Joe Bowditch to rode Beethoven - that's an interesting move. He's had some good success at Ascot.
    edited April 2019
    Jarrad Noske's mount getting out to 12/1 from barrier two - if ever a jockey can get a horse to "Dig Deep" it's him!

There's been very very few hoops in decades of following the game that will or won't back - but he's one am always reticent to leave out. Shown by the Sebring horse the other day - can get a roughie or two home.

bigorangecat likes this post.

• ChelseaChelsea    1,369 posts
    SKIDS said:

I'll be sticking with Spacegirl.

Kellys Callisto in the Derby

Kelly’s Calisto scratched from Derby