1 Members & 26 Non Members

AFL 2020

Sport

Comments

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,374 posts
    :-$
  • NevershowsurpriseNevershowsurprise    995 posts
    detonator said:

Not long now before the “big black panther” unleashes hell on the opposition.

GO BOYS !!!! 
    :x
    And Thud.... I’m rapt for the suns

BlacksAFake, oldhendo, RIO, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• detonatordetonator    4,366 posts
    **** me. Didn’t see that coming.
    Gold Coast too good. Wanted it more.
    Need to regroup. We were insipid. 
    Too many blokes waiting for their mates to do all the work.
    FOOTY’S BACK !!! 
    @-)

Thunderstruck, oldhendo, RIO, spinking likes this post.

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Fair play to you for sticking your head up - expect you won’t have too many mates on here tonight.
    Yep well played Det, most would turtle it. I suspect you blokes might be ok long term though. On another note, Tex Walker might be the most insipid footballer in the league compared to expectation. He’s close to retirement

oldhendo likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Yep been down back telling the horses off!!!

Weagles did a no show... bit like some of the games late last year. We're right there, but just couldn't get into it. Poor skill, poor running. Am confident they'll bounce back. But as stated a week or so ago, the care factor is very low.

How good to see some of those young GCS players doing so well, and playing for Each other. 7 players under 20. Let's hope they can keep them together for a few years
  • spinkingspinking    3,748 posts
    Absolute crap served up by them last night. Simo and his panel and the players have a bit of soul searching to do after last night . In saying that think they will regroup

Manchild likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,848 posts
    Expect the Eagles to bounce back against the Lions who were  far from impressive against the Dockers.

Eagles just did not turn up to play and would expect them to be switched on next week.
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    i was astounded to see in the sunday times..not one pic of nic nat or that "look at me" fyfe. must be a 1st...
    Certainly wouldn’t have a picture of NN taking a mark...

jum, oldhendo, thefalcon likes this post.

Tell you what - I will certainly be tuning in to this weeks suns watch, to watch them, and Matt Rowell play......
    Tivers said:

Tell you what - I will certainly be tuning in to this weeks suns watch, to watch them, and Matt Rowell play......

During the game the commentators trotted out a stat about the Gold Coast.

The first 4 games they were 3 and 1. They finished the year  3 and 19.

Keep the powder dry my friend

[-X
    My take from that - don't miss the first 4 games ! :)

RIO likes this post.

^^^^^
    If you go on google I am sure you will find the words to their club song as well. 
    %-(
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Tivers said:

He was worth the effort of putting up with watching the weagles pitiful display. He is strong through the body like Dangerfield and broke several tackles. 18 years old in his second game of AFL... Sensational

Everyone is getting carried away with boy wonder who I would suggest has been eating his spinach over the summer and COVID period.
    But looking at the 2019 draft tapes I identified the No 2 pick Noah Anderson as the better prospect.
    Just a gut instinct and time will tell I suppose. 
    The AFL will be wishing both players will hang around up there and help grow the market. 
    Need to get some money back in the game.
    Yes, so again - will be watching Suns this week
    I know GC are now your 2nd team Tivers, but they aren’t playing West Coast this week so the enjoyment factor for you won’t be the same.
    What will I be doing at 11.05 am on Sunday when GC are playing the Crows....ummm probably not watching that game. 
    :-q
    detonator said:

Everyone is getting carried away with boy wonder who I would suggest has been eating his spinach over the summer and COVID period.

But looking at the 2019 draft tapes I identified the No 2 pick Noah Anderson as the better prospect.
    Just a gut instinct and time will tell I suppose. 
    The AFL will be wishing both players will hang around up there and help grow the market. 
    Need to get some money back in the game.
    Rowell probably the best junior to hit the AFL in the past 20 years. Anderson is a serious footballer but Rowell is generational. Time will be the best judge but Rowell breaks records for mine

RIO likes this post.

detonator said:

I know GC are now your 2nd team Tivers, but they aren’t playing West Coast this week so the enjoyment factor for you won’t be the same.

What will I be doing at 11.05 am on Sunday when GC are playing the Crows....ummm probably not watching that game. 
    :-q

Yes, the Crows is a turn off
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,280 posts

jum said:

NRL has evolved, and to your point, the aspects which are considered more dangerous e.g shoulder charges have been banned. Your lot are still handballing like you’re in the1800s tho

And your lot Kramer still think its funny to drink your own pissss and dry root animals
    <:-P

4.5 mil watched last week’s NRL games. 0 watched AFL. The people have voted with their eyeballs.
    A lazy 5.8 million watched the AFL return round on the weekend putting the cross country wrestling to shame yet again!  ;)

RIO, Chariotsonfire, Manchild likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,848 posts
    McGovern has to do his week.

Should have got another week for the ragdoll acting performance after the initial bump.

oldhendo likes this post.

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,693 posts
    What gets me is the amount of news coverage it got and in the main news segments as well..like it's actually an important thing ffs :-??

RIO likes this post.

McGovern no great loss when the ball is on the slippery deck like it will be again on Saturday night.
    Read an interesting article re Eddie McGuire talking about changing the Sherrin to something like a rugby ball where the skin has a rough surface for easier handling in the wet.
    Reckon this has merit providing the ball travels and goes through the air the same.
    In a game like we had on Saturday night on the Gold Coast the chance of an overhead mark being taken was zero and nil. 
    Isn’t our game all about taking spekky’s etc. and not chasing a cake of soap on the deck?
    After a week of observing(mostly, I had one bet on the drawn game)is anyone having a punt this weekend? Richmond will bounce back tonite(surely Martin out isn't a loss that would be result altering)so then with these winnings I'll be looking to place a 3 to 4 leg multi kicking off with the GWS on Friday night.
    Can the Eagles bounce back, i'm assuming yes but I'd be wary of backing them to do so?
    Geelong go in as a price builder and I'm inclined to back the Suns because they will be hungry to get that feeling again and also the Crows are crapola+ at the moment.
    Obviously was a burden too hard to bear for the lame tigers lol early doors but wtf cant they score?? Just 9 goals in 2 games..
  • JayJayJayJay    7,676 posts
    No goals because Jack and Big Lynch weren't worth a cold pie. And O'Meara must be crook because no one went near him.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts

After a week of observing(mostly, I had one bet on the drawn game)is anyone having a punt this weekend? Richmond will bounce back tonite(surely Martin out isn't a loss that would be result altering)so then with these winnings I'll be looking to place a 3 to 4 leg multi kicking off with the GWS on Friday night.
    Can the Eagles bounce back, i'm assuming yes but I'd be wary of backing them to do so?
    Geelong go in as a price builder and I'm inclined to back the Suns because they will be hungry to get that feeling again and also the Crows are crapola+ at the moment.

So only the 1 bet this weekend too!!!!!!????

Changing the ball is farking stupid

Thunderstruck likes this post.

Yeh stuff it Rio lol that was b.s! I didn't bet as much as I was going to but a shite result nonetheless.

Changing the ball what do you mean? The dimpled one their talking about or?

RIO likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    Yeah TS, ball comment not aimed at your comments

Changing a ball cos it's easier to mark is like makimg everyone having to wear loose fitting jumpers, so they are easier to tackle!!! Each team has about 5 or 6 games a year of playing in slippery conditions. Just deal with it.

Thunderstruck likes this post.