G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 15 Non Members

Ascot 27/01/2021

West Australian Racing
A couple for me today

Race 5 Laylo - In a purple patch at the moment. 1600m seems his go and gets a nice 3kg off with in form Laqdar. Hoping he gets clear running while head case Yulong Earth skittles the rest of the field. Currently $9.50.

Race 7 Celtic Diva - Should be winning this with ease based on last starts form. In a very ordinary race, looks a standout at the $2.40. 

Comments

• ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Race 7 Celtic Diva - Should be winning this with ease based on last starts form. In a very ordinary race, looks a standout at the $2.40. 
    That was my first thought too..and then i started to wonder whether Night Sessions is actually ready to step into her role as the 4yo who may have some upside now she has found the winning post twice this prep from her 5 runs, actually checking through her 14 races she has probably never run a poor race in her whole career...think they fight out the finish as long as Pont get's cover unsure what he will do from the jump though.
    Have already endured one fn butcher job today(R2 Warcidium)...
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,986 posts
    what about Lollypop Lane" in r8?

LETSDOTHIS, Gilgamesh likes this post.

• JayJayJayJay    7,664 posts
    Caught a bit of the Ascot Preview on TAB radio this morning after finishing up outside. There was unanimity amongst the experts (D Mac was one, don't know who the others were, rarely listen) that Ginger Mack couldn't win.....something about it had 9 tries and was a loser etc etc. I know zero about gallops form but was having lunch and a lemonade at the Pub Sports Bar and TAB. Just for interest......looked up Gingers form, better than anything else in the race. Lunch and lemonades paid for with interest. Think I got lucky.

thefalcon, hash, Gilgamesh, oldhendo likes this post.

• thefalcon said:

It’s got no chance of winning race 8

hash, thefalcon likes this post.

• VoodooVoodoo    1,238 posts

thefalcon said:

It’s got no chance of winning race 8

Well done falc......
    the offering i'd expect from you NSN...... :-B
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    thefalcon said:

Nice tip falc and nice try trying to throw us off tipping it in the 8th :D

Didn’t have it in my quaddie but I’ve just collected much more than the quaddie was going to get me B-)
  • thefalcon said:

the offering i'd expect from you NSN...... :-B

It was in the 7th Falcon, most things go over your head though.

thefalcon likes this post.

thanks voodoo, only bet on a hard day...i read the stewards report and watched its last run, 26 days since its last run but took into account the training regime of mr. smith.
    gee he's come a long way since our old Knutsford Hotel days...
    it get it...no r8....
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,248 posts
    Sacked Lollipop Lane 2 back

Celtic Diva is in the bin forever
    stewards report and race replay, bomber..it works a lot.... [-X
  • FlandersFlanders    1,205 posts
    No prizes for guessing who DMac had his last pineapple on in the last, Celtic Diva. Not a good look when the caller goes on and on about one runner IMO. Should just call the race

detonator, Gilgamesh, oldhendo likes this post.

• LETSDOTHISLETSDOTHIS    298 posts
    Nice tipping Falc.

Ngawyni likes this post.

• SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    edited January 2021
    Interesting that Lollipop led all the way to win on its ear at Ascot in November but has not attempted to lead at any start since until today. I mentioned it on the forum when it won and followed it at recent starts including today because it was wide throughout from barrier 3 last start. Really! The tactics for me in recent starts have been questionable.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,761 posts
    edited January 2021
    Compare Juicy Lucy's enthusiasm to lead from barrier 3 last start (you will never find it) to Benny Hill's eagerness today. Indeed where was Warwick's attempt to be right on it last start at any time after being wide?

I backed it last start and was not convinced there was any initiative displayed by Warwick and that is the reason I followed up by investing on it today. I was not surprised to witness the marked improvement today. The stewards should be.
  • H-BOMBERH-BOMBER    10,248 posts
    thefalcon said:

stewards report and race replay, bomber..it works a lot.... [-X

Are you suggesting I just get the dart board out? I took all those things into account. It was wide last two starts and didn't give a yelp, start before that as slip says, questionable when ridden back after leading to win 4 back. I didn't hear a mention that they would lead today? So in assessing it's chances, given I had been on it the 2 starts after it's win 4 back, I wasn't confident that it would all of a sudden jump out and lead them a merry dance, which I assumed might happened when on those 2 starts previously. It had enough chances with me so I had sacked it. You are way more forgiving.

You also mention "the training regime of Mr Smith"...well that's subjective and specific to what you know. In it's whole career it has never won off 26 days break. Is this a trait of the L Smith training setup to get horses to win? I have no idea.

If there was an announcement to lead today's event, I'm pretty confident it would have sparked my interest. Would have backed it? Who knows, it doesn't matter.

In the end, the price tells the story. There wasn't money for it. Yes, it was Giddyups best longshot, but I doubt that swayed your thinking. You gambled and you hit the target, well done. I gambled and missed because the fav sucked me in. But please, you speak like nobody watches a replay or reads a stewards report?
  • ThunderstruckThunderstruck    7,687 posts
    Lucky "hit" :)) the horse is average at best and has never even placed just 2 wins from 17 before today.Last 10 runs 0998961858 that's shithouse reading...
    I'll Bet it doesn't win next start...

So don't stress H unfortunately for us the rest proved to be just average too and that has long been a common theme in the lower grade distance races.
  • jumjum    3,516 posts
    H-BOMBER said:

Sacked Lollipop Lane 2 back

Celtic Diva is in the bin forever

Why would Carbery.     ??????
     On the first bend, when he had the 3 back running line restrain and let one of his biggest dangers Night Session (P Harvey) slide in to the position he already had and followed the next biggest danger in the market Conquered Zone (W Pike).  Its got me farkked. And not one Jock put any pressure on the leader. I havnt looked at the times and sectionals. But watching i would suggest they were very slow.
  • RodentRodent    7,038 posts
    "And not one Jock put any pressure on the leader"
     The old story. Leaders had a bad record and it was a run on day. By the end, nobody wanted to lead. We often see the reverse when it's a leaders day. They end up overcooking it at the end of the day and the swoopers get up.
    lollipop lane reminds me of the old, old school joke.
    two boys were late for class. the master asked them where they had been they said"we've been up lollipop lane"
    a few minutes later a girl comes in and the master says "i suppose you've been up lollipop lane too"
    no sir she replies "i am lollipop lane"..
    :((

Thunderstruck, spinking, jum likes this post.

bomber, i'd never backed the thing before. it was a s*it meeting, i was going to have a gargle, so decided to have a bet so i could watch it. so sat down and crossed out the horses who could not win..manually with a biro....i do that often and it works. lolly was one of the 4 left, then watched replay etc. the rest is history, i had  10x10 e/w at 21 fixed.
    no frothie, no bet, as simple as that...