In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 12 Non Members

Comments

• plainjaneplainjane    7 posts
    You must agree that it is good to have Mr Moët back in the mix

RIO likes this post.

• thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts

i don't reckon it will start...they'd be nuts if they did.

to the well once too often?

i've said before that they should have left him in melbourne to be prepared for the autumn.

• tonytony    2,377 posts
    Durant said on radio this week that he was starting Falc.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    tony said:

Durant said on radio this week that he was starting Falc.

ohhhhhhhh, so it definitely isn't...Thanks for the confirmation, was keen on it.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    RIO said:

Interesting to hear Neville Parnham having a little dig on Racing Radio this morning about how he probably would have preffered to have Checkpoint in the Railway.

He mentiond that he had nominated it early for the Winterbottom and now that it has come along so well he thought the Railways suited it better, but as he couldn't get a free entry it'd stay in the Winterbottom.

By the sounds of that maybe the top end of town aren't all that happy about this free ride for the east coast raiders as well!!!

Just to clarify, he didn't nominate for the railway as well?? If this is the case then that is no ones fault but his. Should have nominated for both then. Big fan of Neville but the rules are the rules.  
  • darkshinesdarkshines    2,837 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, rules are rules. Unlese you're a ES G2 horse here to fill KPI quotas. Then you're ok.

Thoroly_Bread, Legless, SPUDLEY likes this post.

• paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Well, still should have nominated if he thought it was a chance.
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    why should he and not the guys from the east coast???

theduke, Thoroly_Bread, Legless likes this post.

• theduketheduke    284 posts

I know it is off topic but can anyone tell me what time the Lark Hill trials usually start please?

about 9am i think...
  • theduketheduke    284 posts
    Thanks Falc
  • LeglessLegless    5,108 posts
    edited November 2013
    paraletic said:

Just to clarify, he didn't nominate for the railway as well?? If this is the case then that is no ones fault but his. Should have nominated for both then. Big fan of Neville but the rules are the rules.  

lol fkn lol - you are kidding - SURELY =)) - "but the rules are the rules" =))

RIO likes this post.

• PandoraPandora    225 posts
    edited November 2013
    Theodor said:

Best lot of horses heading to super Saturday ever. Marty has done a ripper job. The industry is talking about it Australia wide. Carbine Club luncheon will be biggest ever as a result of unsolicited interest, including interstaters asking to go. Looking good. Likely Winterbottom will be rated one of the best sprint races in Australia in 2013.

We can all relax about the state of the WA racing industry at least the Carbine Lunch is popular. The Winterbottom is a glorified GROUP THREE nothing else, wont rate in the top 20. Realism please!

AceV likes this post.

• DamienWyerDamienWyer    7,684 posts
    So does Rohan get a start now? ?
    edited November 2013
    Would be discretionary now I think Damien - Im guessing 5 above him will come out - leaves him E1 - has he earnt it? :-?

How well is old Grand Nirvana going? Carried the grandstand last two runs - drops to 55 for the railway

Darkhorse likes this post.

• Thoroly_BreadThoroly_Bread    2,311 posts
    Legless said:

Would be discretionary now I think Damien - Im guessing 5 above him will come out - leaves him E1 - has he earnt it? :-?

How well is old Grand Nirvana going? Carried the grandstand last two runs - drops to 55 for the railway

I thought they retired GN last year was glad when I seen him back he is one tough horse.
  • DownbythepalmsDownbythepalms    381 posts

I hope he does I think hell have a great chance as long as he doesn't draw 1, good thing licked today!!

I hope he does I think hell have a great chance as long as he doesn't draw 1, good thing licked today!!

ELITE BELLE (William Pike) -Blocked for clear running for the entire length of the straight.

Should have won the race IMHO - and no I didnt back it :)

RIO likes this post.

If you had of swapped positions in the run Rohan would have bolted in, the horse is a big striding bugger who needs time to balance up, get him to the outside and it is a different story!

thefalcon likes this post.

• TheFunksterTheFunkster    3,840 posts
    By my calcs is still 22nd in order of entry on CRIS.
    The connections would be dirty if they missed a spot to an eastern stater that wasn't nominated and had its late entry fee paid by Perth Racing....!

RIO, carey likes this post.

• magoo83magoo83    969 posts
    Maybe they should have shown some loyalty and given Colin the ride and not that butcher Smith
  • theketaminekidtheketaminekid    479 posts

If you had of swapped positions in the run Rohan would have bolted in, the horse is a big striding bugger who needs time to balance up, get him to the outside and it is a different story!

think you could make the same argument for elite belle
    you jest, magoo. its ascot not yalgoo....

would have been his first win under 1600m and his 1st against Sat Class open age horses
    and if the planets, stars and moon aligned and .......
    the guineas is a mile.. :-B
  • magoo83magoo83    969 posts

you jest, magoo. its ascot not yalgoo....

Rode it pretty well when 2nd couple weeks ago

He can ride, and had his backside on some pretty good ones,

Was trusted with all fast work of gilded venom

rohan should have won they day he rode him, magoo.

why did he not ride GV??

probably a decent bloke but a very average rider.

the guineas is a mile.. :-B

Yup, and he has not won a race shorter than 1600m - not sure what you mean falc :-?
    Legless said:

would have been his first win under 1600m and his 1st against Sat Class open age horses
    and if the planets, stars and moon aligned and .......

I'll repeat he HAS one in open company before, hopefully the planets, stars and moon do align
    and he gets a start!!

thefalcon likes this post.

• RIORIO    14,882 posts
    magoo83 said:

Maybe they should have shown some loyalty and given Colin the ride and not that butcher Smith

are you talking about Colin Haddon??? A bit of loyalty??? he has ridden it once, most of the other times it has been Whiting or Smith...Agree with Falcon, really struggles to be a city rider