G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 26 Non Members

Gloucester Park Friday 19th May.

Harness & Greyhounds
Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
edited May 2017 Harness & Greyhounds
Welcome back to talented mare Tricky Styx who looks extremely hard to beat in the Breeders Stakes. Handy mares Dodolicous , Sheer Rocknroll and Foxy Dame appear the main dangers but the barrier draw has seen Tricky Styx open up deep into the red.
Going to throw two roughies on my first four ticket..# 1. Forever Remembered possibly the old soft run on the leaders back trick and the other one drawn directly behind Tricky Styx an excellent 4th two runs ago then came out and won at 50/1 last week #11. Glenferrie Arch who is around $9 a place on some of the corporates. Tough going tomorrow night but there might be another win down the track for Glenferrie Arch.

Comments

• JayJayJayJay    7,684 posts
    Some hot races for a probably damp middle of May meeting....the FFA because of the draw and a few  returning without trials should be very interesting. Heez On Fire was stunning last start and is drawn inside Ohoka Punter, Beudienne, and Runoneover who if he races to his pattern goes forward and runs, setting it up Billy The Better Butchers horse but I like Ohoka Punter...he was very unlucky to get bloused out by Heez On Fire's hurricane finish last start....Ohoka is versatile and I think will win.Not ignoring Simply Susational (or Bettor Reward which was right there last start) but can't see her beating the front line horses. Hope fried Chicken doesn't cause indigestion. And the mares race, again because of the draw shapes up well. Tricky has had a trial and has a nice gate, everyone else drawn wide...except Foxy Dame and Sheer Rocknroll...if the latter gets clear air, I think it wins. Not emptying the tea caddy out on either race but should be good racing.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh    4,745 posts
    I thought Foxy Dame might be able to squeeze in ahead of Forever Remember for the leaders back position. Still has place claims though even if 3 back.

I was hoping Importet Exporter would be a nice price but is well found in early markets.

Maybe Changr Of Address my bit of value for the night.

I dont like the 9 out of 10 races are 2100m mobile starts, sets it up for a big possibility of boring on speed dominated racing. Hopefully not the case.
    Agree that the 2100m often are processions (and probably will be for Eyre Crusher) but the PBD's in a number of races and some incidental outcomes in the RBD races give some hope for some very competitive races. Tricky probably needed a good gate to take on Dodo and Sheer RocknRoll given her injury enforced lay off. Those ever reliable West Ratings have Tricky at $1.70, Dodo at $10 (from outside the front line) and Sheer Rock at $7.00 from 10. Starting to like Lord Willoughby a bit as well but at West Ratings $4.00???? and Harry Hoo at $1.70, no thanks.
  • TSSTSS    1,401 posts
    Boring meeting tonight. Not enough variety. How can they programme so many 2100m races.

1/8 OVERBOARD AGAIN - Will go forward at some stage.
    2/1 HARRY WHO - Good chance to lead from barrier to box. Not touching this one though as it'll be short and pole horses don't win often when short in the market.
    3/8 MCCLINCHIE - Open affair here. Will go forward at some stage.
    4/3 MACH TIME is back and has done nicely at home. Can take lead here. Also like JOHNNY DISCO as it has the guts to win.
    5/1 Eyre Crusher - Leads all the way here. 
    6/7 OHOKA PUNTER - Needs luck to be a chance
    7/2 TRICKY STYX - Hard to go past this master mare but will be taken on early stages by FOXY DAME as the connections of FOXY DAME wants leaders back. This might play into the hands of SHEER ROCKNROLL.
    8/8 ASSASSINATOR - Tough animal, but also like the chances of NAUGHTY NAVARU who is set to run a cheeky race according to connections.
    9/5 MUSCLE TORQUE - The each way bet of the night. Two starts ago was superb. Also like the chances of STAR AMBRO and LORD WILLOUGHBY.
    10/6 BETTOR BE CHEVRON - Should go one better, like it's run last start.

Good luck. Making a nice kitty to plunge on Pinjarra Monday. Pinjarra has one of the best cards I've seen.

Markovina likes this post.

R1 No10 Three Kings
    R2 No1 Harry Hoo
    R3 Bracket selection 5 Change of Address 9 Braeview Bomber
    R4 No12 Zach Maguire
    R5 No9 Franco Rayner
    R6 No6 Heez On Fire
    R7 No2 Tricky Styx
    R8 No2 Importer Exporter
    R9 No10 El Sunami
    R10 No idea so i'll stab Pick My Pocket.
  • VillageKidVillageKid    2,282 posts
    Race 1- Overboard Again
    Race 2- Harry Hoo
    Race 3- McClinchie
    Race 4- Zach Maguire
    Race 5- Eyre Crusher
    Race 6- Heez On Fire
    Race 7- Tricky Styx
    Race 8- Assassinator
    Race 9- Lord Willoughby
    Race 10- Bettor Be Chevron
    R1 Early Quad these numbers for various percentages. 1,8,10/1,7/1,3,5,9,10/3,4,12.
    Tri:1,8,10/s2/3,5,6,11.
    EW Three Kings.
    Bugger.
    R2 just taking a small first four.
    1/2,4/2,4,9,10/2,4,9,10,11.

2 I think can get in behind the lead and 4 who I think gets the breeze early then possibly cover although would still run well breezing.
    The Poolman though he could run well from the breeze too!

Harry Hoo very good there.
    Taking on the 1 and 6 here.

Tri 3,5,9,10

FF:5,9/3,5,9/1,3,5,9,10/S3,8

A good EW bet 9 Braeview Bomber, think he can go 3 wide solo and win.
    Helps the quad but I didnt back it!
  • ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,855 posts
    Gilgamesh said:

The Poolman though he could run well from the breeze too!

Harry Hoo very good there.

Back to Denmark on that drive.

Gilgamesh likes this post.

Early quad refills the coffers.
    I'm pretty confident El Machine can run a big race here. Franco Rayner IMO has to try to cross, think he will. That should generate a solid early pace allowing El Machine to run into it. $60/ $12 fixed.

JayJay likes this post.

QD. 1,9,12/3,6,9/2,3/1,2,10.

Tri.9,12/1,9,12/1,2,9,10,11,12.
    Soho Wall Street eh.....got well under the radar for me....very decent form at last 2 runs, not a bad alley but didn't even consider it....killed the novelties for me and on reflection, $18 was well overs. Grrr!
    Gee, he is rare form that horse...rain didn't bother him, he swamped them again. Runoneover set it up for him...no insinuation there, that's the way he races. Aldo has driven him near on perfect the last 3 runs, very exciting to watch.

The_Real_Peterman likes this post.

• The_Real_PetermanThe_Real_Peterman    192 posts
    edited May 2017
    This is NOT a drill. Gareth Hall tipped a winner!(each way). He'll get his own Sky racing hype ad like Tony Brassel now :-O :)]
    Heez On Fire!!! Have had the smallest little bit to do with this guy, he is a pure gentleman. Great feeling knowing you helped out however small with a winner l.

JayJay, lame likes this post.

• ChariotsonfireChariotsonfire    2,855 posts
    JayJay said:

Soho Wall Street eh.....got well under the radar for me....very decent form at last 2 runs, not a bad alley but didn't even consider it....killed the novelties for me and on reflection, $18 was well overs. Grrr!

$41 was bet.

Sticky Buns courtesy of Sheer Rocknroll and ACL.$7 bucks fixed was very tasty. Panned out very nicely.

• Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    edited May 2017
    Fantastic tipping @Gilgamesh...Change Of Address at big odds , Zach Maguire , Harry Hoo , Heez On Fire , Importer Exporter. Pick My Pocket at odds. All winners and Three Kings within a whisker. 6 winners and an unlucky second who was good odds too :-c

Chariotsonfire, Gilgamesh likes this post.

edited May 2017
    Thought Zach Maguire was super impressive at Pinjarra on Monday - this horse has huge potential.

Other highlight last night - a bloke named Chris Lewis - when a horse such as Importer Exporter jumps to the front at $5 with that master tactian in the sulky - you can just edge your way to the collect que. Seen that type of front running drive from him hundreds and hundreds of times and never ever get sick of it.
    edited May 2017
    Lewis also drove Sheer Rocknroll with audacity and like it was the best horse in the race. Tricky Styx she's good but blimey the odds you have to take about some of these leaders from barrier one and two at GP are poisonous. All around Australia it's the same - was one at Albion Park yesterday - know the horse fairly well - it's honest - goes ok and handy at best - saw him going around yesterday and thought might have a go on him if around $2 started at $1.04!! Every mortal possible chance in front and got rolled! They may win there share of races but backing odds on faves at the trots from barriers one and two be prepared to take short odds to the extreme. No doubt 20 odd years ago bookmakers at GP would have bet even money or better a horse like Tricky Styx and let everybody on...today you come into $1.60.
    Tricky will benefit from the run, was ridiculously short and unbackable given the time off from her accident in NSW and just the one trial. Rocknroll and Foxy race hardened and in the case of Rocknroll, reasonable draw. She was getting a bit tired at the end but still got the sticky buns, and at a very nice price. Runoneover was huge first up, just not quite as huge as Heez On Fire who may have appreciated the sting out the track. Good racing I thought.

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon    2,417 posts
    Best performance for the savvy punters clearly was Soho Wall Street. Coming off an unlucky career best 3 deep the journey second last week in 1 55 he was at ludicrous odds. 41 dollars into 8 bucks then out to 18. Good effort. 
    Quarter on the eastern seaboard maybe not too displeased to see the karma train roll over the forked tongue as well.

I definitely failed the "Savvy" test in totally ignoring Soho in spite of its good form...bit the same with Sheer Rocknroll form wise , albeit not at anywhere near $18 but $7 was nice.  
  • sonnysonny    1,087 posts
    Hi Gilga, Do you swim the horses at Naval Base?