G'day Punter!

In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 24 Non Members

Individual sectional times

West Australian Racing
Hi Are individual sectional times available, like last 600 for every horse. I was told the rwwa cris site has them but couldnt find

Comments

• TiversTivers    7,720 posts
    Yes, far right column on the race result (on CRIS)
  • hashhash    7,495 posts
    edited June 2017
    The official times posted by all race clubs are incorrect, many of them minimal but when one length is the equivalent of 0.17 of a second they dont have to be out by much to be misleading, you've been warned.... @carey can vouch   ;)
  • RIORIO    14,882 posts
    i think carey may disagree with you Hashy. He may say the timing equipment is perfect. Just that the barriers are hardly ever in the same position!!!! haha...Exactly same result. The times are wrong for the distance

hash, Gray likes this post.

• TheDivaTheDiva    13,246 posts
    2$3DAINTY TESS45754KATE WITTENDANIEL MORTON771 1/4 L00:56:9332:25
    speaking of sectionals... can this one be believed from Saturday? 32.25 by Dainty Tess... 
  • spinkingspinking    3,737 posts
    Some of the last 600 metre times out of that 5 furlong race Saturday are either wrong or exceptional
  • fastimesincabrafastimesincabra    13 posts
    edited June 2017
    Found thanks. I usually only follow overall times, but a serious run of outs( perth form reversals not helping ) has the mrs getting narcy .

Race 3 at Belmont Proceedwithcaution ran 3rd fastest last sectional ( beaten 4 l). It did have 6 kilos more than Its It.

I use a kilo turnaround equals 1 length ( anyone not agree?) anyway ill have a bit on  PWC  next start .

RIO likes this post.

• UnderpantsUnderpants    17 posts
    edited June 2017
    just did the race then, haven't got actual times yet and probably won't until end of week but i'd trust those numbers within +/- 0.25L. they look right for that race in particular and have been good since move to belmont. With only 3 horses being +/- 1L of what i expected i'd say the times look pretty good.
  • TucoolTucool    156 posts
    TheDiva said:

speaking of sectionals... can this one be believed from Saturday? 32.25 by Dainty Tess... 

Very few horses can break into 32s
  • UnderpantsUnderpants    17 posts
    Tucool said:

TheDiva said:

Very few horses can break into 32s

very few horses and most maidens at northam. 

but seriously the Belmont track is very fast at the moment under the new guy. wouldn't start getting too excited. Dainty is a very good horse but 70% of that is the track at the moment especially the 1000m races where they crawl up front like there. if raw sectional times meant something Beau Rada might win more than a 55 second challenge in vic. 
  • careycarey    6,368 posts
    TheDiva said:

the time is right(i just checked), but as rio says is the timing done from the correct spot(ie....exactly 600 from home???)

i just deal in numbers rather than actual time.
    my computer will check all times for a meeting and then make adjustments for that entire meeting(every horse will be adjusted the same +-) depending on what it thinks.

dainty tess gets a number only 1 better than it did last time.
    so the time might look flash, and it was a high number, but no higher than many of the higher grade horses can get.
    but riding horses that way wont see it win too often.
    it will just always be a.....be on me next time sort of thing.

fastimesincabra likes this post.

it was a "be on my last time" kind of run....
  • bradybrady    1,452 posts

Found thanks. I usually only follow overall times, but a serious run of outs( perth form reversals not helping ) has the mrs getting narcy .

Race 3 at Belmont Proceedwithcaution ran 3rd fastest last sectional ( beaten 4 l). It did have 6 kilos more than

Its It.

I use a kilo turnaround equals 1 length ( anyone not agree?) anyway ill have a bit on  PWC  next start .

Most Class and Weight punters use 1len = 1.5kgs
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Was meaning to post ask this the other day.

Do many of you rely heavily on sectionals from somewhere like Daily Sectionals.

I've never really taken them into account when doing the form but been thinking about using it more lately.

Not cheap for a meeting/subsciption though...
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,949 posts

sectionals/schmecnols....never take a blind bit of notice of them..depends, so I am told, on track conditions, the wind, the tempo of the race and other factors...there are TOO MANY variables.

your best guide is the stewards report,  gear changes, jockey plus your own "gut" feeling.

as I said recently I NEVER listen to those w*nkers on the radio..only time I am on 1206am is to listen to a race.

• careycarey    6,368 posts
    Jell said:

Was meaning to post ask this the other day.

Do many of you rely heavily on sectionals from somewhere like Daily Sectionals.

I've never really taken them into account when doing the form but been thinking about using it more lately.

Not cheap for a meeting/subsciption though...

robbie waterhouse told me years back that he had never found a way to make money from section times.
    which is the opposite to me.

as for acardi, a long time ago the people i was with, were using acardi and another source that will remain unnamed, and official.
    i set up a spreadsheet, comparing acardi, other source and official(where available).
    it came as no surprise to me that the variations between all 3 sources was humungous!
    i deduced(from  detailed checking) that the official was the most correct at the time, followed by the unnamed source.
    stressing that this is a long time ago so it may be different for all i know, as i am not involved in racing any more.
    usually people sell stuff, because they can make money that they would be unable to make using it themselves.
    but i suppose if something lasts a long time, then it must be doing something ok, or it would have no clientele.

you could also ask falcon how successful he is ignoring sections!
    he might be winning zillions without them.
    there is indeed zillions of variables to try and account for.
    but it's easy enough to check.
    you remove sections from your stuff, and if you win more money, they're no good FOR YOU
    if you win less(or lose more) money, you quickly put them back!!