In this Discussion

Who's Online

0 Members & 30 Non Members
Kids riding well :>

Comments

• BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,374 posts
    Very well
  • BushChookBushChook    38 posts
    Fair couple of days. That steer on Snow Blossom yesterday was pretty special. Just watched it again.
  • BobcatBobcat    166 posts
    Treble
  • JellJell    1,201 posts
    Correct me if I’m wrong but coming off a pretty serious back/leg injury isn’t he? I couldn’t remember which one.

I’ve always thought he rides well just doesn’t get a huge amount of opportunity.
  • Tigers2014Tigers2014    66 posts
    Nice treble at Geraldton ! That $38/1 ! Would of been nice with a couple of bucks on
  • BlacksAFakeBlacksAFake    2,374 posts
    Probably worth following the lad at Albany tomorrow B-)
  • Ridersonthestorm33Ridersonthestorm33    10,809 posts
    What was the name of the horse , trainer and race that provided Lucas Camilleri with his Group One winner ?
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    Covertly.....trainer..??
  • thefalconthefalcon    19,996 posts
    railway..think it was stan bates... :-?
  • TheDivaTheDiva    13,248 posts
    stan bates i reckon
    edited January 2018
    Yes, yes and yes.

She was just 4yrs. when won the Railway, second was Early Express and third Blinded. Winning margin only a neck.

Two Victorian visitors in Covertly's 2005 Railway - Roman Arch and Titantic Jack they finished 12th and 16th...another reminder from the past..don't overrate the visitors and don't underrate the locals especially on their home ground.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    edited January 2018
    speaking of covertly & early express, i cant remember what the promo was but i think any horse that won the Railway, The F & V and the Cox Stakes won a bonus $1m put on by CUB (i think it was CUB, but could be wrong) 

Early Express won the last 2. Came 2nd in the railway by a neck...... 
    :ar!
    edited January 2018
    That does ring a bell...had a feeling he won the Cox Stakes in a tight photo...or was it a dead heat ? Can't remember now...he raced right on the speed or leading and think was quite rough in the Cox Stakes despite running second in the Railway...because was considered suspect at the journey.

Or though if he won the Fruit and Veg too , wouldn't think he would have been rough in the Cox Stakes...perhaps it was another year I was thinking of. But do remember him running very well in a Cox Stakes.

Covertly was Group One placed before the Railway, in the 2004 Flight Stakes ( 1600 metres ) at Randwick behind Lotteria. It was a terrific ride by Camilleri in the Railway, everything fell into place and home she came.
  • paraleticparaletic    3,750 posts
    Sorry i was wrong. Races where F & V (won it), Cox (Won it) and Perth Cup (came 3rd, black tom won it). 

That treble promo disappeared pretty bloody quick after they nearly got touched up! 

Ridersonthestorm33 likes this post.

edited January 2018
    He was one can always recall boxing on all the way to the line...gutsy horse. So he also ran second to Covertly in the 2005 Railway.

Just been checking up on his record - what a good horse. Finished up going to Melbourne under the care of Lee Freedman and ran in races like the Orr Stakes, the Futurity and the Cranbourne Cup.
    Think Early Express may have actually been runner up in two Railway Stakes! What a versatile and durable horse he was.
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    edited January 2018

Nice treble at Geraldton ! That $38/1 ! Would of been nice with a couple of bucks on

Similar to Stephen Bradbury winning a skating olympic gold medal at the Winter Olympics 2002 when all the others fell over.. I would not back Camilleri with yours.
  • loose_gooseloose_goose    2,069 posts
    Slip, maybe why so many disappearing off the Forum
  • SLIPPERGOLDENSLIPPERGOLDEN    7,764 posts
    People are disappearing of the forum because people have opinions. Yes that would be it Goosie.

Everone has favourite jockeys and jockeys they don't favour as well as football teams, actors, politicians, grocery items, food. It's human nature. Thankfully we all have different opinions.

Desperado likes this post.